Thread: What Was She Thinking?

Default What Was She Thinking?

So a woman in the Berlin Zoo decides that she wants to go smimming withthe Polar Bears at feeding time. What the heck was she thinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzidgAWby3U
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I saw that on the news this morning. I couldn't believe that she was so stupid.
    Take only what you need, and leave the rest.

das Fraulein ist verrückt

Quote Originally Posted by RunsWithDeer View Post
    das Fraulein ist verrückt
    Yes she is.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

but the bears look so cuddly. And because she is so stupid, she put the handlers at risk.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Dumber than a sled track.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Entfernt von der Genlache. Check!

And for God's sake people, stop and think. If you're going to do something like that...loose weight. Do you know how hard it is to lift fat people up that far? I mean, really.
    Last edited by Rick; 04-12-2009 at 06:01 PM.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Colorado Springs, CO wildography's Avatar
    Colorado Springs, CO; I've lived in 9 states, traveled through 32 others

"but they look so cute and cuddly on TV!"

yah, there is a bunch of ignorant people in the world; when they get around animals that are technically "not wild" (like in a zoo or in a National Park where the animals are used to people), they sometimes think they are "tame".

Once, I was taking some photos of a massive (10 points and weighing 200+ pounds) Mule Deer buck (with "velvet" on his antlers) in Yosemite Village (Yosemite National Park). The buck was standing beside a sidewalk browsing for food, right next to a fence railing. An Oriental guy came walking right up and grabbed the buck's antler to "see what it felt like". My heart about jumped into my throat as I yelled at the guy to get away from the buck. I thought for sure the guy was going to be toast.

But the buck just jerked his antler out of the guy's hand and went running off...

people can be SO stupid sometimes!
    all men die; few truly live

Aren't the wild animals in Yosemite tame? How are you suppose to be able to pet them? Where do they keep the bears at night?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

At first I thought that she wonted attention and then again after some of the things I have seen stupid people do in the woods, how knows.
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

she really wanted to feed the bears all right..Looked to me like they were fishing for polar bears.Kind of like fishing for Marlin.Toss out a teaser then the bait.I never knew you did the same with the bears.You do learn something new every day.
    Joe
    Red meat is good for you.Its the green furry meat you have to worry about.

Its not as though the bears were attacking here. If they would have, there would not have been much to retrieve.Its more as if they thought there was a new squeecky toy thrown into their tank. They just didn't realize how fragile human flesh is. The bear that was going after her,was easily distracted by the floatation devises attached to the rope, they were throwing. iguess it was the old FOREST GUMP SYNDROME. Stupid is as Stupid Does.

I saw the same behaviour in a NP in Virginia ( I think it was). I rounded a corner on my bike to see about 20 cars stopped dead in the road and everyone, kids, mums, grannies, all out of the cars at the side of the road with about half a dozen people 100 yards off the road running around.
    I rode up to the front of the stoppage, as you do and stopped. Took my helmet off and asked a bloke what gives?
    We saw a Black Bear with a cub he says! My brothers gone to take some photographs!!!!
    I looked to where the people were and sure enough there was a Black Bear and her cub about 100yds off the road trying to get away but can't because they are surrounded by eedjits all trying to get closer and closer. One guy even had a wee kid with him. ( Hey look Jimmy, look at the size of those claws!!).
    This went on for about 10 minutes when a Park Ranger came along blaring his horn, he jumped out and went absolutely ballistic at them. He was running down to the bears screaming his head off and chasing the bear away and trying to get the people to go back to their cars. Even then the dunderheads didn't get it.
    It was just Disney land to them.
    Quite remarkable.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there