Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tase me to the moon.

Last edited by remy; 08-18-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Holy!! He came darned close to smashing his skull in on the corner of the archway!! That would have hurt worse than the glass table.
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

How many beers do you have to drink to think volunteering to be tased is a good idea?

"Hey ya'll! Watch this! BZZZZZZZZzzzzzz."

"Dude. You wet your pants."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That archway wouldnt have moved an inch. The table would have shattered. Now on to tasers... I really like that little gadget!! That man had to weigh in at 210lbs. he dropped like a rock, and couldn't even move. Tasers, are they one shot only? There was a thread that I have to reread on them. One man, one threat to my personal safety, I could easily use a taser to bring him down. I don't own any firearms myself. I have never even fired one. I can nail a man right between the eyes with a knife, but if that were my only weapon I certainly wouldn't throw it away!! For home defense a taser seems to be an excellent option for those of us who aren't equiped with firearms. I am going to be looking into tasers I think, seems to be the way to go for now.
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

I can nail a man right between the eyes with a knife
    All righty then. I'll be moving right along. Don't mind me, MA'AM. I was just...uh....admiring this nick nack on your table. Oh, gracious me. Look at the time. You go right on back to bed and I'll let myself out. Nice knife you have there MA'AM. Ga'night.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

LB, you might be interested in this write up:

http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...ce-comparison/

Quote Originally Posted by laughingbeetle View Post
    That archway wouldnt have moved an inch. The table would have shattered. Now on to tasers... I really like that little gadget!! That man had to weigh in at 210lbs. he dropped like a rock, and couldn't even move. Tasers, are they one shot only? There was a thread that I have to reread on them. One man, one threat to my personal safety, I could easily use a taser to bring him down. I don't own any firearms myself. I have never even fired one. I can nail a man right between the eyes with a knife, but if that were my only weapon I certainly wouldn't throw it away!! For home defense a taser seems to be an excellent option for those of us who aren't equiped with firearms. I am going to be looking into tasers I think, seems to be the way to go for now.
    The C2 Taser uses replaceable cartridges. They have a small nitrogen charge in them to "shoot" the electrodes. The C2 is a bit spendy, but if it saves your life..... One of the drawbacks to the C2 IMO is that you can't drive stun with it. That is, after the electrodes are deployed you have to put in a new cartridge. Most of the law enforcement models that I've had experience with - you can drive stun - that is, hold the weapon against a person, pull the trigger and get the desired results. I have a couple of the little hand held stun guns. They really are quite loud as the spark arcs across the electrodes. If somebody, oh like say my wife had one....and she was in a Target parking lot....and somebody was approaching her....and they did not appear to be of good intent...and she pulled it out of her purse and activated it before that person got within 25 feet....that person would probably turn and start running....I'm just saying.

If you go with a stun gun type device, get one with a safety lanyard. If the weapon is pulled away from you, it removes a pin and makes it inoperable. It's also a good safety feature if there are kids in the house.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

So, if you wake up in the middle of the night and hear that puppy activated you can pretty much assume the dear wifey is probably ticked at you? Just sayin'.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Most people I would use a taser on I don't want to get close enough for them to lay a lip lock on me. I prefer a knife, never zapped myself with one and being a card carrying coward I don't want anything that doesn't cause a hole or severe bleeding or both.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

I would think being tased would do nasty things to you all over.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

ULtimate attitude adjustment deice.Just keep it away from my wife
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

A very large fly swatter.

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    I was just thinking of a tool that would not be deadly...for those situations where disabling would be more appropriate. I don't know of any other tool that could do this while still respecting a certain distance between you and the threat.
    How about a sling shot? I always have a few marbles rolling around, (keep losing them things...)so that could actually work.
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

I admit if you pop me with a couple of marbles I'd probably back down.

Check out the blast knuckles for a stun gun; great for joggers.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=347620

I've always wanted a pair of these (just for the hell of it) but I'm afraid I'd shatter the plastic it's made out of.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    That looks so silly though...?!?
    And dude...i don't jog ! lol
    How does a pair of "taser "brass" knuckles" = silly? And it doesn't really matter whether you jog or not. It's just a common activity used as an example where it would come in handy. *shrug* everyone is going to have their own opinion on it. I've never seen on in person so I have no idea what kind of quality it is.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

If I saw a woman joggiing with that I'd just think it was a weight. I'd never have considered that it might be a stun gun.

Check those laws, boys and girls. Not every state is happy about having stun guns running around.
    Last edited by Rick; 04-14-2009 at 04:07 PM.

I've actually started using one of those to jump start my heart in the mornings. Cut way down on my caffeine consumption
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Can't ship those Taser brass knuckles to NY... too bad.
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous