Thread: Sgt. Safari Test

Default Sgt. Safari Test

The Sgt. Safari test needs to be re-vamped. Half of the questions are either all of them are right and some are just wrong. Example; I always use softwood spindles (yucca) for the bow drill fire. I got that one wrong. And I never use a sharp rock for making a flintknife. If it is sharp, I'll grind it down first.

Half of the questions are either all of them are right and some are just wrong.
    I'll go work on the math portion of it first.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

There are a lot of opinions out there, the test covers what is covered on the main part of this site. Ie, its a reading comprehension test assuming you read the site, not a survival test.

Yeah when I first registered here I bombed the test. After being here for a few months I decided to take it again and did very well. So I guess I've learned a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by biddysere View Post
    The Sgt. Safari test needs to be re-vamped. Half of the questions are either all of them are right and some are just wrong. Example; I always use softwood spindles (yucca) for the bow drill fire. I got that one wrong. And I never use a sharp rock for making a flintknife. If it is sharp, I'll grind it down first.
    I use a hard wood spindle and a softwood board, that's why I have multiple notches in my board. I'll have to try it the other way around and see if that works any better.
    I know what hunts you.