Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We Need Gun Control..now....now

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Statistically mass shootings are on the decline, they just get reported more as national news nowadays.
    That's good to hear. I can see it, too. The media catches everything just about now days, whereas years ago it may have remained local.

As an edit to the earlier post you quoted, after reading more articles on this, apparently the guy did this because he was upset about losing his job, and his inability to speak fluent english. Apparently someone made fun of him. I'm wondering if it was someone in that office and this was a revenge killing or if it just happened to be the first place he thought of.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

So has anyone else been following the Richard Poplawski incident?

3 dead PA cops, and at least 2 wounded. The media is stating that all of his friends are claiming 'He thought Obama was going to take away his guns". "He had an AK and several high powered handguns, a .357 among them."
    Last edited by Alpine_Sapper; 04-04-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: disparaging comment to current administration was not necessary.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams

Samuel Adams

lol. Can I kill a thread or what?
    Samuel Adams

Was working today, so hadn't heard the story. I wonder why they felt in necessary to include that he thought guns would be banned in the story? I believe that there are many politicians that would like to ban guns - but I didn't go out and shoot anybody. Maybe it's because I got to relieve stress by killing bees today.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Because it was dangerous and someone inside had a "GUN" or because it was a Federal building and they had to get permission.
    As stated in my post, it WAS NOT A FEDERAL Building!! It is a municipal Civic Center. No permission would be needed to intervene even it it was a Federal Building. Almost all have concurrent jurisdiction. And a dangerous person firing a gun is the reason that immediate intervention is needed by trained, armed police to at least attempt to stop, or mitigate further casualties. I grant you, there are several schools of thought on this, I and the agencies I have worked for advocated and practiced immediate intervention.
    Last edited by Pal334; 04-04-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh, and I did it years ago. Years and years ago. If it HAD been a real weapon the statute of limitations would have expired years ago.

(looking over list of words that red flag the feds)

Did you notice I ADDED the words "last year" to your post?
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Unhappy Stress

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Was working today, so hadn't heard the story. I wonder why they felt in necessary to include that he thought guns would be banned in the story? I believe that there are many politicians that would like to ban guns - but I didn't go out and shoot anybody. Maybe it's because I got to relieve stress by killing bees today.
    Another nut contributing to the gun ban lobby. I was almost as bad, didn't kill bees but I talked back to the wife. The Doc said I will be on solid food in a week or so.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

I've decided that MORE gun control is needed. It was a difficult decision to arrive at but with all the things I've read and with all the latest events more gun control is probably the answer. I guess I should have come to this conclusion a long time ago but I'm a bit hard headed and a bit of a traditionalist. But better gun control really makes sense. I think forearm grips would provide better gun control so I think I'll have to add them to my long guns.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The only thing gun control does is make law abiding citizens weak and potential targets. Guns don't wake up and decide to shoot someone, the IDIOT behind the gun is responsible for that! That's who we need more control on. Maybe we should put controls on pencils because they make spelling mistakes, or maybe we can sanction who owns cars, cause they kill people also. Maybe we should include sanctions on forks cause they make people fat. An armed citizen is free...an unarmed citizen is a subject.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchess View Post
    The only thing gun control does is make law abiding citizens weak and potential targets. Guns don't wake up and decide to shoot someone, the IDIOT behind the gun is responsible for that! That's who we need more control on. Maybe we should put controls on pencils because they make spelling mistakes, or maybe we can sanction who owns cars, cause they kill people also. Maybe we should include sanctions on forks cause they make people fat. An armed citizen is free...an unarmed citizen is a subject.

Dutchess, Did you read any of this thread prior to posting......???? Maybe just the thread title......???

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    Dutchess, Did you read any of this thread prior to posting......???? Maybe just the thread title......???

Yeah, but you've got to admit ...... it was a pretty good rant.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That whole thing on banning forks has me pretty miffed. I mean, forks! Come on. How's a guy supposed to enjoy a meal? Forks don't make people fat. Fat makes people fat.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Speaking of gun control...remember when this town made the news? http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...6/ai_15729634/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

They can have my fork when they pry it from my cold dead hand!!!
    Well why not?

I think a grassroots movement, the NFA, National Fork Association, might be in the making. The good news is, they aren't illegal to carry concealed.

Start an association and they will be soon enough!
    Well why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    We were talking about this today at work. Turns out, one of the gun shops right around the corner had some kid attempt to rob them. Two guys ran in brandishing shotguns, and shoved a female to the floor, started yelling and stuff. The owner stepped out of the back with a .40 and put a round through the closest one's head. The other didn't stick around long enough for him to get a clean shot at him. In the same conversation, I found out one of the ranges I frequent had an attempted robbery with a very similar outcome. Two assailants, one dead on scene, the other fleeing for his life.

Two places you don't want to try to rob, gun shops and doughnut shops.

But yeah, since the gunman was using a "high powered rifle", I'd suggest stocking up on ammo if you can find it.
    Reminds me of the guy who decided to hold up a bar - full of off duty cops (true story)
    Raised By Bears
    Bear Clan