Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Need Gun Control..now....now

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up We Need Gun Control..now....now

Three times in the last month people have lost it and committed mass-murder with firearms.......ENOUGH. We need GUN CONTROL Now.

This does not need to happen, if everyone over 21 was required to carry 100% of the time, that they are not in their home this would stop.

Odd how this will result in a call for restricted access to firearms, when you would expect it to result in an uprising and demand the right to carry 100% of the time.

Odd how these things always seem to occur in April. Virginia Tec, Columbine now this....

Let's ban cars, first. They cause a lot more death.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Of course the gun banners will take the opportunity of today's tragedy to further attempt to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I was thinking the same thing when I watched the news report. You can't help wonder if any of the folks had been CCW would it have changed the outcome.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yup more gun control because the people making the decisions have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Never used a firearm and probably never seen one but they get to make the decisions because they are "experts." Sounds fair and makes sense to me.....i think.....no......yes.....ahhhh my brain hurts.

Aahh, ol' Samuel Colt is probably rolling over in his grave, just yelling "Why can't they understand the concept of the PEACEKEEPER"

I always loved the quote, "although God made every man different, Sam Colt made them equal."

I agree Hopeak, I agree!
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Blog Entries

Hopeak, I couldn't agree more. You really oughta' run for President.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Thumbs up Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I was thinking the same thing when I watched the news report. You can't help wonder if any of the folks had been CCW would it have changed the outcome.
    I think with over 20 some years practice, if he started when he was wearing three cornered pants I believe my 50 some years of pulling a trigger could , I think have cut down the body count some if I didn't take his first shot. I was in a jewelry store a few months ago and the owner said he felt safer when his customers he knew were carrying. Man ain't dumb.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

It's hard to walk into a gun shop around here and NOT find the employees with one on their side (and at least one backup somewhere). Eliminates the question up front.

We were talking about this today at work. Turns out, one of the gun shops right around the corner had some kid attempt to rob them. Two guys ran in brandishing shotguns, and shoved a female to the floor, started yelling and stuff. The owner stepped out of the back with a .40 and put a round through the closest one's head. The other didn't stick around long enough for him to get a clean shot at him. In the same conversation, I found out one of the ranges I frequent had an attempted robbery with a very similar outcome. Two assailants, one dead on scene, the other fleeing for his life.

Two places you don't want to try to rob, gun shops and doughnut shops.

But yeah, since the gunman was using a "high powered rifle", I'd suggest stocking up on ammo if you can find it.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Speaking of stocking up...I had an appointment today in office park. The suite where I had the appointment did clerical type work. In one of the rooms - 100,000 rounds of 9mm ammunition. Owner said he was waiting for the price to go up and then would start selling it. Ya gotta love an entrepreneur. I'm still working on a bit of barter with him for a few thousand rounds. No luck yet, but I haven't given up.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Speaking of stocking up...I had an appointment today in office park. The suite where I had the appointment did clerical type work. In one of the rooms - 100,000 rounds of 9mm ammunition. Owner said he was waiting for the price to go up and then would start selling it. Ya gotta love an entrepreneur. I'm still working on a bit of barter with him for a few thousand rounds. No luck yet, but I haven't given up.
    Address. I need an address.........
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Address. I need an address.........
    lol. yeah, and a wax impression of the door key.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    lol. yeah, and a wax impression of the door key.
    My clients don't use keys .........
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

No need to make it hard. I have a key and alarm code.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Can you see the conversation if that place catches on fire?

"Uh, Mr. Fireman."
    "Not now, sir. I'm busy."
    "Yeah, but you REALLY want to know this."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    No need to make it hard. I have a key and alarm code.
    Trade???? Barter????
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

ifn i remember correctly you are not allowed to carry in a federal building(can't blame those folks for that) so this being an immigration office it is federal and thus not stoppable by armed civillians
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    ifn i remember correctly you are not allowed to carry in a federal building(can't blame those folks for that) so this being an immigration office it is federal and thus not stoppable by armed civilians

New Gun Control Law, overrides all federal Building bunk, New Law you do not "HAVE" to carry in your own home, everywhere else, everyone packs all the time. Schools, Church, Office, everywhere. I know it will never happen, but it makes as much sense as restricted Gun Control.

Last edited by Sourdough; 04-03-2009 at 08:33 PM.

I strolled in to the local post office one day, pistol in pocket, and was reading the No Guns Allowed poster while I stood in line. Oops. I leave it in the car when I go in now.