Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ponkin' Moonshine

grundle With the reflux still there is less impurities so less flavors to get ...Flavor it is dune after the distilling this is in the aging . to get a fruit flavor just add fruit to you alcohol to make Gin you add Juniper Berry's .For more go to the top and look up Moonshine Recipes..... Agrippa is made from the must left over from wine press so there is flavor just very little , it has to be add back...... Alpine Sapper it's there I have the one that fits on the 15 gal. beer cage go to the Catalog
    Last edited by Smok; 04-04-2009 at 01:09 AM.
    Do it with what you got and you want need what you don't have

Quote Originally Posted by Smok View Post
    grundle With the reflux still there is less impurities so less flavors to get ...Flavor it is dune after the distilling this is in the aging . to get a fruit flavor just add fruit to you alcohol to make Gin you add Juniper Berry's .For more go to the top and look up Moonshine Recipes..... Agrippa is made from the must left over from wine press so there is flavor just very little , it has to be add back...... Alpine Sapper it's there I have the one that fits on the 15 gal. beer cage go to the Catalog

lol. Yeah, I saw it. I was referring to the hot blond they have straddling the pole that's attached to the top of the keg. I would have posted the image, but they are ******** and copyrighted the image, and disabled right click to prevent "stealing" of said image.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Hay that is my Sister

True story. Four or five of us were in the office one day and one of the guys pointed out a young lady walking down the street. "Look at the ****** on that one."

A voice in the back of the group. "Yep. That's my daughter."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That is interesting to note. I guess there are two ways to go about flavour then.

The more pure flavour from the reflux still where you age the relatively tasteless liquor with a component so that it will sap flavor into it. From my reading I have read that a pot still will still leave a lingering flavor, which is mostly due to the lower purity of the alcohol.

Do you have a link to the recipes you mentioned? It sounds intriguing, and it will probably fill a gap in my knowledge.

Hay that is my Sister
    Um, are you serious, or are you joking? If you are serious, your sister is HOT. Hook it up bro!
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yeah, well, so much for all that cleanliness is next to Godliness crap.
    You wanna get next to Godliness? Sample the product..
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

No....Just having fun

No....Just having fun
    ! *walks away kicking trashcans
    Samuel Adams

I am sorry I am so sorry .. ...But look at it this way , if she had been my sis she would have been had so your , in luck she not my sis lol.....Some how that just came out bad..........
    Last edited by Smok; 04-07-2009 at 03:27 AM.

retired American

I have a pumpkin farm here and they are very useful as you say; here they make fried pumpkin, pumpkin curry, pumpkin soup, pumpkin pastry, but never heard of pumpkin whiskey. Not that it couldn't be done. I think rice works better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chiangmaimav View Post
    I have a pumpkin farm here and they are very useful as you say; here they make fried pumpkin, pumpkin curry, pumpkin soup, pumpkin pastry, but never heard of pumpkin whiskey. Not that it couldn't be done. I think rice works better, though.
    It is all up to the gluten content and the fermentation that takes place when it is mashed.

By the way, do you know if they press oil from the pumpkin seeds? Those things are loaded with seeds, and I do know that pumpkins have a decent amount of oil content per seed.

I am going to try pressing some from the seeds I get this year.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I think it's wrong for any brew that doesn't come out of KY or WV is even called 'shine to begin with. These Chinese knockoffs and other places that I won't mention are barkin' up the wrong tree. If it ain't genuine made in the hills brew it might as well be after shave.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

I had an Uncle that liked that, too. Old Spice was his favorite.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    I think it's wrong for any brew that doesn't come out of KY or WV is even called 'shine to begin with. These Chinese knockoffs and other places that I won't mention are barkin' up the wrong tree. If it ain't genuine made in the hills brew it might as well be after shave.
    Pop, you may have just started a civil war with Tennessee....
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I think rice works better, though.
    Confused

How do you use rice to make Pumpkin brew????????????:
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Confused

How do you use rice to make Pumpkin brew????????????:
    lol, okay I'll bite just in case you aren't kidding.

You can use rice to make alcohol. Distilled rice is known as sake, or in China they just call it "wine" but it is more like white lightning than "wine".

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Pop, you may have just started a civil war with Tennessee....
    Nah, a drinking contest should hash out where real shine is made. There would have to be some rules tho. The run can't be more than 3 days old and none of charcoal nonsense..... tap to jar.
    Well why not?

Coot, dunno about that radiator biz. Kinda scary. Granpap always told me if a feller was using a radiator in his still, he would run outta customers and the funeral home would increase business.
    One way to tell good "sqeezins" from bad was the burn. If it made your throat pucker, quit drinkin that rotgut. If you thought youz drinking a glass of water, good stuff. Don't try to stand up tho...
    You are your dog's best friend....

If it ain't genuine made in the hills brew it might as well be after shave.
    you look me in the moon-shinin' beard and say that friend.

:tough-face:
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.