Thread: Looking For A Good Pack Rod and Case

Default Looking For A Good Pack Rod and Case

I'm looking for a good pack rod and hard case for the Mrs. I've gotten so tired of bringing full length rods on canoe trips. They are just a pain in the neck.

I have an old pack rod and reel that came in a small plastic carrying case and it works so much better than trying to haul a full length rod. Trouble is - I only have one - and if the wife is along, she likes to commandeer it - so I need another one for her.

I'd like a case that holds the rod and reel. Any suggestions?
    Raised By Bears
    Bear Clan

Anyone have any personal experience with any of these rods?
    Raised By Bears
    Bear Clan

I have one of the Fenwick Spinning Pack Rods. It's at least 25 years old, and still going. Super light weight, great craftmanship. Mine takes 4-8lb test (4lb for brookies, 6-8lb for bass and Rainbow). I had to buy the reel (Daiwa) and case seperatly. They break down to fit in any pack easily w/o a case.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

I have a shimano exage(?) Expensive and lightweight, bought it exclusively for canoeing.

I have had limited use with this rod so far but where I will be fishing for the next few years, a twig, piece of climbing rope an a paper clip should work.

Another 6 weeks before the lakes open up, then it is pretty much a fish per cast in the right spots.

Quote Originally Posted by red lake View Post
    I have a shimano exage(?) Expensive and lightweight, bought it exclusively for canoeing.

I have had limited use with this rod so far but where I will be fishing for the next few years, a twig, piece of climbing rope an a paper clip should work.

Another 6 weeks before the lakes open up, then it is pretty much a fish per cast in the right spots.
    Usually head up to your neck of the woods once a year. "a fish per cast" is about right.
    Raised By Bears
    Bear Clan