Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are our bodies becoming weaker?

Default Are our bodies becoming weaker?

With all this H1N1 crap going on it made me wonder how much weaker our bodies have become. So many rely on vaccinations to help fight off cold/diseases these days, because their immune systems just aren't strong enough. So I wonder if that is from our own doing? All goes back to survival of the fitest. Just like in pest control (crash you will love this) insects eventually build up a tolerance to certain chemicals. That is why it is important to change the chemicals up from time to time. I'm sure our bodies can do the same, but this natural tolerance has been supressed. When I went to visit sourdough we toured his property and he showed me his water source. Very nice stream of fresh mountain water. Now most here would still boil the water or use tablets to kill any bacteria. Did he...nope and never has yet he is perfectly fine. Could it be that his body has built up a tolerance to such things? I believe it has and I believe anyone could do the same. It amazes me how dependant we have become on scientific formulations just so we can survive. Sometimes I wonder if we, as a species, are too smart for our own good.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    With all this H1N1 crap going on it made me wonder how much weaker our bodies have become. So many rely on vaccinations to help fight off cold/diseases these days, because their immune systems just aren't strong enough. So I wonder if that is from our own doing? All goes back to survival of the fitest. Just like in pest control (crash you will love this) insects eventually build up a tolerance to certain chemicals. That is why it is important to change the chemicals up from time to time. I'm sure our bodies can do the same, but this natural tolerance has been supressed. When I went to visit sourdough we toured his property and he showed me his water source. Very nice stream of fresh mountain water. Now most here would still boil the water or use tablets to kill any bacteria. Did he...nope and never has yet he is perfectly fine. Could it be that his body has built up a tolerance to such things? I believe it has and I believe anyone could do the same. It amazes me how dependant we have become on scientific formulations just so we can survive. Sometimes I wonder if we, as a species, are too smart for our own good.
    Or is it we are 2dumb......?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

its scary. most children have NO immunity to influenza because the have been inoculated since birth. its a double edged sword....
    my primitive skills apprenticeship blog:
    http://modern-natural.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Or is it we are 2dumb......?
    Is he a disease?????????
    I had a person tell me that every time they got a snivel or sneeze that there parents crammed medication down there throat and now they don't have an immune system to fight off viruses
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

I believe our immune systems are becoming weaker. My parents never gave me nor my brothers our childhood immunizations and we are in good health. In fact, I have never been to a M.D. and I am willing to bet that most others get sick more often than I do. And the only times I take any medication, is for when my nose starts running from allergies or a cold and when I feel I may have a touch of diahhrea I will take some generic allergy medicine and Pepti Bismuth.

What really gets me though, are people that go and get antibiotics for every little thing. Then your body doesn't have to produce them itself and results in a weakened immune system.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Actually we are healthier and live longer than ever before.
    Our kids rarely die in infancy and most of our women survive childbirth.
    And that's just for starters.

Please disagree with me when I say that natural selection might make sense as long as it doesn't happen to you and yours.

Banned
    Blog Entries

My theory is that I was raised on a dairy farm in South East PA. and we got our water from a spring house, and it was untreated, but even more important is we drank milk straight from the cows, unpasteurized, and full of all kinds of bacteria. We kids always had worms, ringworms, tapeworms, wormie'worms. But all eight kids survived. The last time I was sick was 1984. Thats 25 years with not a cold or flu. Yea, I think people are to phobic about dirt. I just got back from my third shower of the year.

If you read a book called, "Alaska's Wolf man" he meets a guy on the trail that has two tin dinner plates, they are both nailed to the table, when done eating off the plate, he calls the dogs to wash them. And I could tell you worse about guiding in areas with no water.

Oh, I believe that it is a good thing that these medical technologies have came along. But I also believe that it's a very bad thing that some of those technologies have been abused. Ritalin for children for example.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

I've been looking for info. on the net about an extremely clean home will have sick kids, such as azimuth and a low immune systems.

I guess there's something to that old saying that goes clean enough to be lived in but dirty enough to be healthy.
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    My theory is that I was raised on a dairy farm in South East PA. and we got our water from a spring house, and it was untreated, but even more important is we drank milk straight from the cows, unpasteurized, and full of all kinds of bacteria. We kids always had worms, ringworms, tapeworms, wormie'worms. But all eight kids survived. The last time I was sick was 1984. Thats 25 years with not a cold or flu. Yea, I think people are to phobic about dirt. I just got back from my third shower of the year.

If you read a book called, "Alaska's Wolf man" he meets a guy on the trail that has two tin dinner plates, they are both nailed to the table, when done eating off the plate, he calls the dogs to wash them. And I could tell you worse about guiding in areas with no water.
    Worked on a dairy farm when my youngest was born,part of the "pay" was all the "fresh" milk we wanted,my daughter contracted bacterial meningitis,and the only thing it could be traced back to was the milk,the somatic cell count in the milk was rather high at the time,and they figured thats where she got it from.
    I grew up milking cows by hand for milk to drink,never had a problem with that milk.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

My theory is that I was raised on a dairy farm in South East PA. and we got our water from a spring house, and it was untreated, but even more important is we drank milk straight from the cows, unpasteurized, and full of all kinds of bacteria. We kids always had worms, ringworms, tapeworms, wormie'worms. But all eight kids survived. The last time I was sick was 1984. Thats 25 years with not a cold or flu. Yea, I think people are to phobic about dirt. I just got back from my third shower of the year..
    Let's not discount some plain ol' good genes (that's jeans for Rick), Sourdough. You won that lottery and you're lucky.

Not everyone is.
    Those who aren't taking reasonable care of their health might as well play Russian roulette. Maybe they'll get lucky too.

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    With all this H1N1 crap going on it made me wonder how much weaker our bodies have become.
    Yeah, just go back a few hundred years and without the advances in science and technology humans live to what............35?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Yeah, just go back a few hundred years and without the advances in science and technology humans live to what............35?
    Average maybe......but many of the signers of the Declaration of Independence lived into their solid 70's. I think there is room for BOTH you and Doug to be correct on this one.

Average maybe......but many of the signers of the Declaration of Independence lived into their solid 70's. I think there is room for BOTH you and Doug to be correct on this one.
    Yeah, but they were among the "privileged".
    And the privileged live longer and are healthier to this day.
    Those are just the statistics.

I don't disagree. Much of the problems we face today are due to the "soft" lives we've been living. Of course the other extreme, while gave way to a "hearty" lifestyle, it often led to an eary demise. I suppose extremes at either end have their disadvantages.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Actually we are healthier and live longer than ever before.
    Our kids rarely die in infancy and most of our women survive childbirth.
    And that's just for starters.

Please disagree with me when I say that natural selection might make sense as long as it doesn't happen to you and yours.
    Are we truely healthier or is it the science that saves us. I honestly don't think our bodies are stronger now, I think they are weaker. Advances in medicine cause people to live longer and seem healthier. Of course I'm not saying it's a horrible thing, as long as those advances and care stays available.

And as for natural selection making sense, it does make sense even if that means me and mine. It's all a natural thing and while I value my life I know this is only a stepping stone to something much better.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Anybody notice that all these diseases i the past few years have been attacking different types of meats. For example a few years ago the media was big on the mad cow disease thats beef. then that went away and then the media started on the bird flu, thats poultry. now the media is focused on the swine flu and thats pork. just watch ill bet anyone that in the next few years the media will be focused on some big disease that targets fish. kind of ironic huh?
    Prepared enough.

oh great now what am i supposed to eat now Tofu?!?!? I also heard that soy products aren't very healthy for you either, so there goes that option. I guess ill just eat grass from now on. Yummy.....
    Prepared enough.

I'll stick with beef, pork, poultry and fish.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel