Thread: Has anyone heard about this one

Default Has anyone heard about this one

Three weeks ago two men were drop off on hwy 32 out of Red bluff Calif. by their friend who was to pick them up (that day or the next ?) we just do not know . any way when he did go back for them they were a no show he said later that he waited for 6 hours then he went home to the Bay Aria . He said nothing to anyone for three weeks . The weather has been bad , very bad 7 inch's of rain and snow ....Some friend There will be a search this week end
    Last edited by Smok; 03-26-2009 at 01:40 AM.
    Do it with what you got and you want need what you don't have

on REDDING.COM

RED BLUFF - Two Oakland men have been reported missing in a remote area of eastern Tehama County, Sheriff Clay Parker said Wednesday.

The men, 25-year-old Misael Perez and Daniel Franco, 28, have been missing since Feb. 28.

But their strange disappearance was not reported to the Oakland Police Department until March 9, Parker said.

A California Highway Patrol helicopter has flown over the area several times since then without finding a clue, Parker said.

An extensive ground search with about a dozen volunteers is planned for Sunday.

"I don't think time is of an essence" anymore, Parker said. "It would have been a different story if it was reported when it happened."

But Parker, who doubts that the men are still alive if they are indeed in the area, said the men might have hitchhiked from the region.

Still, he said, "hope is not good."

Perez and Franco were dropped off on Highway 32 near Windy Cut, about 35 miles northeast of Chico, by a friend Feb. 28.

The two were to return to the drop-off point after they completed an approximately 2-mile hike, Parker said.

The men took no hiking equipment or supplies with them.

Their friend reported that he waited for about six hours before returning to the Oakland area, Parker said. He didn't know why the men were not reported missing until nine days after their disappearance.

He speculated that the disappearance may not have been reported to law enforcement authorities for fear it would have raised suspicions about the men's activities.

"We obviously know what goes on in remote areas of Tehama County," Parker said.

He failed to elaborate.

Franco is described as being about 6 feet tall with brown eyes and a shaved head. He was wearing blue jeans and yellow boots. It's not known what type of shirt or jacket he was wearing.

Perez is described as being about 5 feet 6 inches tall with brown eyes and a shaved head. He was reported to have been wearing blue jeans, a black sweater and tennis shoes.

Those who might have seen them are asked to call the Tehama County Sheriff's Office at 529-7920.
    Well why not?

That looks like the one . I just heard of it on the News tonight . But I am up in Redding . I wonder just what those young men could have been doing out there ??? That they did not wont the Sheriff to know about ?? Do you think Big Foot Got them ?
    Do it with what you got and you want need what you don't have

Banned

That's a bad area for pot growing on Federal and State land with boobytraps and armed thugs standing gaurd.

That story brings up a couple of important points. Giving your schedule to somebody responsible is important. Avoiding illegal activity is important as well. That is not to say that the two missing men were involved in anything illegal, but if it is such a well known area for illegal activity it stands to reason that there are dangers in the area. It says it was a scheduled two mile hike, so who knows what was really involved.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 03-26-2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Yea, Smok's back!

Hey, Smok 'ole buddy, glad to see you back!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

So some city'boys were set on harvesting or "Misappropriating" someone Else's Mary'Jane......? Is that the story in the story.

That's what it sounds like to me, Hopeak. Sounds like they got the idea that they could walk into the woods, raid some plants and get out without a problem. Odds are there is more foul play here than wilderness survival. All speculation, but when the sheriff says, "We obviously know what goes on in remote areas of Tehama County," it's a sign that this wasn't a matter of simple exposure. Also, if they were going for a two mile hike, why no hiking gear at all? Usually the tag line on these type of events is "they weren't prepared for a night out in the elements" or "they were lightly equipped" not "The men took no hiking equipment or supplies with them."
    I'll rest when I'm dead...

could be any number of reasons. Could be they were "cartel" employees who were "fired". Could be they were out hiking and stumbled across someones cash crop by accident. Could be no one except them and the others involved will ever know,and only theory will come out in the wash.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Could be they were Numptys.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Could be they were once clients........
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

i was just up hiking in that area [below ishi wilderness] recently. the weather's only gotten bad a few times lately, though there was one freeze and it's snowed a bit in the higher elevations, but the two things that worry me out there are mountain lions and pot farmers.

both are few, scattered but ultimately unpredictable. my policy when i think there's a pot grow nearby is to clearly and deliberately back away, so as to leave no mistake of my intent, just as one might do with a predator. actually, there are probably many parallels to be drawn there...
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Maybe they are sitting there stoned out of their minds.

"Just one one more ....then we'll go OK"
    It's a dog eat dog world out there

"Dude, this is the longest trail I've ever been on."
    "Tell me. We've been hiking for days."
    "And what's with the steal bars in the ground."
    "Beats me. They must be getting ready to pour a sideway."
    Train whistle in distance...
    "What's that"?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Two Potheads Come Upon A Field Of Pot? Probly Thought They Died And Went To Heaven
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."

-George Patton