Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forum Rules & Staff

Blog Entries

Cool Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I stand corrected. Can we actually go on strike? Hmm.
    We want double the amount of pay we're getting now or else! Wait a minute...whats 2 X 0?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I was actually thinking about benefits. Perhaps Chris could give us a better discount on our member price.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool

I was actually thinking about benefits. Perhaps Chris could give us a better discount on our member price.
    There's a "Member price?"
    Last edited by Sarge47; 03-21-2009 at 02:36 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    There's a "Member price?"
    Yes. The price of membership is putting up with Rick.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

(mumbling under breath) Where IS that ban button?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

(mumbling under breath) Where IS that ban button?
    I apologize. You're right....again.

THE ABOVE WAS LAST EDITED BY RICK AT 7:04. YET ANOTHER BLATANT EXAMPLE OF ABUSE OF THE POWER TO EDIT BY A SUPER MODERATOR.

THE ORIGINAL REPLY READ "HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF LOOKING UNDER THE TWINKIE WRAPPERS?"

THIS COULD START A WAR............
    Last edited by Ken; 03-21-2009 at 08:20 PM.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Chuck. What a guy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

What? Little ole me? I do declare. My edit pen slipped a tad. For the life of me I just didn't notice that it made all those changes. You know me. I surely would have made whatever corrections are necessary, Mr. Attorney.

I stand corrected. Can we actually go on strike? Hmm.
    Of course you can Rick, but the rationale for going on strike would be gain something, so....well...what could the 3 of you possibly agree that you want? Or from another perspective, let's all welcome Logos as our new moderator!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Let me clarify the forum rules a little bit, for mods and members alike.

There are only a few rules.

1. Post in the most appropriate area for your topic, and keep discussions PG13.

2. Do not spam. Spam is a solicitation for members to do something for your benefit. Be that to buy something from you, join your group/society, visit your website, whatever. I don't care if you run a non-profit website benefiting albino eskimos. Pepper the forums with solicitations to join it and you'll be banned, and the links removed. If you have a website or business, your signature (edited in your User CP (see top left)) is the place for it, and we have absolutely no problem with you using your signature to promote your business. So long as that isn't your only contribution to the forum.

3. Do not personally attack members. Arguments can get pretty heated, and sometimes it is best to step back and cool down. You can attack the other's argument, their reasoning, their experience even (if relevant to the topic). But there is a line you cannot cross. The moderators and myself will judge where that line is, but in general, it should be pretty obvious. Things you wouldn't say to a coworker. This also means no hate speech (posting something about someone's race, gender, religion, etc).

4. Member discipline is not for public discussion. If you think someone needs discipline, there is a WARN button on every post that sends an email with a link to the post to myself and the moderators, you can also pm us. But in the end discipline is not a democratic action, regular members have no say in it. If someone is disciplined and you don't like it, that is ALSO not for public discussion. Your feedback on member discipline can be sent through PM or email, otherwise, consider it a private matter between the forum staff and the member in question.

5. Standard rules are 1 warning, then punishment. To the discretion of the moderators. Blatant or egregious behavior can skip the warning phase, and if you get a warning, then play nice for a year, then get another one, you won't be banned. We try to use common sense in doling out punishments.

Now, the forum staff is

Chris - administrator
    Sarge47 - moderator
    Rick - moderator
    Crashdive123 - moderator

Just thought this could be bumped up as we have several new and revived members coming in to our forums. I'd also like to add that religion and politics are also NO part of this forums' discussions.

Thanks.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

What's the rule about new members posting a link to another website IF it is relevant and provides an answer to a person's inquiry?

You must have 10 posts in order to post a link of any kind. It's one of the ways we keep a handle on spam. After 10 posts you are welcome to post a link to any site you don't have ownership in.

Sorry, I've read that several times while browsing. Totally spaced it out.

Guess they'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Never mine, I seen the answer I needed, Thanks.

You must have 10 posts before you can post a link or pic. It's one of the ways we keep a handle on spam. Once you reach 10 posts you'll be fine.