Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Rules & Staff

Default Forum Rules & Staff

Let me clarify the forum rules a little bit, for mods and members alike.

There are only a few rules.

1. Post in the most appropriate area for your topic, and keep discussions PG13.

2. Do not spam. Spam is a solicitation for members to do something for your benefit. Be that to buy something from you, join your group/society, visit your website, whatever. I don't care if you run a non-profit website benefiting albino eskimos. Pepper the forums with solicitations to join it and you'll be banned, and the links removed. If you have a website or business, your signature (edited in your User CP (see top left)) is the place for it, and we have absolutely no problem with you using your signature to promote your business. So long as that isn't your only contribution to the forum.

3. Do not personally attack members. Arguments can get pretty heated, and sometimes it is best to step back and cool down. You can attack the other's argument, their reasoning, their experience even (if relevant to the topic). But there is a line you cannot cross. The moderators and myself will judge where that line is, but in general, it should be pretty obvious. Things you wouldn't say to a coworker. This also means no hate speech (posting something about someone's race, gender, religion, etc).

4. Member discipline is not for public discussion. If you think someone needs discipline, there is a WARN button on every post that sends an email with a link to the post to myself and the moderators, you can also pm us. But in the end discipline is not a democratic action, regular members have no say in it. If someone is disciplined and you don't like it, that is ALSO not for public discussion. Your feedback on member discipline can be sent through PM or email, otherwise, consider it a private matter between the forum staff and the member in question.

5. Standard rules are 1 warning, then punishment. To the discretion of the moderators. Blatant or egregious behavior can skip the warning phase, and if you get a warning, then play nice for a year, then get another one, you won't be banned. We try to use common sense in doling out punishments.

Now, the forum staff is

Chris - administrator
    Rick - administrator
    Crashdive123 - moderator

Banned
    Blog Entries

So how many set of rules are there......this list is different than the list Rick posted..........

And if the rules are so clear....how is it that Sarge declared you was closing the Pot thread, and then you post......and in effect diss his decision. I can stay inside the lines, if the management is clear where the lines are...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    So how many set of rules are there......this list is different than the list Rick posted..........

And if the rules are so clear....how is it that Sarge declared you was closing the Pot thread, and then you post......and in effect diss his decision. I can stay inside the lines, if the management is clear where the lines are...
    Well said hope.....

Blog Entries

......I can stay inside the lines, if the management is clear where the lines are...
    hopeak
    Whorehouse&Whiskey Parlor

Whiskey Parlor, huh? How can you stay inside the lines if you can't drive inside the lines?
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I don't understand the confusion. The rules are posted under forum rules and Chris offered clarification of same. It pretty much boils down to acting like an adult. If we do that then the rules will take care of themselves, I think.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The rules are the same, I just got more specific.

There is nothing in there about thread closing Hopeak, because thread closing is not an issue of member discipline or an issue members need concern themselves with. Thread closing is an issue of thread discipline, and believe me, in a private forum where the threads go to chat, I have posted a rule letting the threads now how they can be closed if they don't behave, or how we might put them in our little "jail" away from view if they really don't behave. As well as tips on how to keep their constituent posts in line.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Chris, please respond to my post in the thread, "Response to Doug1980"

Thank You,

Blog Entries

Cool Again...!

Please note these rules because I intend to keep the personal attacks out of discussion from this day forward. How, you ask? Easy, I'll either edit the post or move the whole thread to "Purgatory." Also, no insults about wives, girlfriends, or mothers; dogs, however, are fair game! As for the remarks about Klkak's wife, it seems somebody may have missed this thread:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=4173

Let's show some class & some maturity, I'll even start it off to show how fair I am. Why, you ask? Because I'm that kind of guy!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Also, no insults about wives, girlfriends, or mothers; dogs, however, are fair game! !
    Sarge your dog is...........is.......is.......is a Lawyer...

Blog Entries

Cool I don't think so!

Actually, she's a real bit*ch!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Hopeak,

You'll soon be getting a package in the mail. It will not be a mail order bride. Please open the package outdoors and away from loved ones and valuable property. Have plenty of tomato juice and skunk spray neutralizer on hand before you open the package.

Ken
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

hey what the....... did i get demoted just cuz i can't use a computer?
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

No no. Wareagle is a moderator, but only of the foraging database. He is just such a foraging guru I couldn't not give him more power there.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well, I want some power too. I'll talk to my attorney about a discrimination suit. Age discrimination. Ken, play tough, but settle for a two pack of Twinkies.

Blog Entries

Default Quality Control

Chris, er, um, ahhhh - could you add a couple of rules about compliance with Quality Control Department regulations?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

There goes the neighborhood. Sheeeeeesh!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There goes the neighborhood. Sheeeeeesh!
    What? YOU gave the Department your blessing when it was created. Your fellow Supermod, Crash, shares the burden of this moral obligation with me. How soon you forget. Ingrate!
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Letting you exist and giving you RULES are two different things. We (Super MODS, that is) allow the common man things to appease him. Benjamin Disraeli once said the castle isn't safe if the home is unhappy. Know what I mean, Vern?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Letting you exist and giving you RULES are two different things. We (Super MODS, that is) allow the common man things to appease him. Benjamin Disraeli once said the castle isn't safe if the home is unhappy. Know what I mean, Vern?
    Vern? Vern? The character who was never seen nor heard? THAT Vern?

You pompous man. Me thinks this calls for open warfare.

W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Hey! Don't make me bring out my secret weapon. Don't make me post the thong picture!