Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: flint

  1. #1
    Senior member Ranger andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    live in sunny cal in san josa
    Posts
    64

    Post flint

    do u guys know where to get flint around the city,by city i mean san josa
    "You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!"
    -Capt. Henry P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 January 1943



  2. #2
    Senior Member flandersander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chief Executive Officer of All Operations
    Posts
    797

    Default

    A good bet is at your local sporting goods store. I think you're the only guy on here from san josa, but i could be wrong.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator crashdive123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    44,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Where exactly is San Josa anyway? I know where San Jose is, but not San Josa.
    Can't Means Won't

    My Youtube Channel

  4. #4
    Senior Member flandersander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chief Executive Officer of All Operations
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Twas thinking the same thing.

  5. #5
    Quality Control Director Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Where exactly is San Josa anyway? I know where San Jose is, but not San Josa.
    Quote Originally Posted by flandersander View Post
    Twas thinking the same thing.
    I looked it up earlier today on Google. Response was 'Did you mean "San Jose?"'

    I suggested the purchase of a dictionary in another thread.......... Mebe hes mum or ded cude by hem won.

    Thirteen is what, 8th. grade? Ahh ........ a testament to the American educational system in the 21st. century.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

  6. #6
    (FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    1,991
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I use to live in San Jose, never heard of San Josa. Maybe it's a slang term for the city?
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member Stairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    north Florida
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Maybe he hit an A instead of an E.

  8. #8
    (FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    1,991
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    That's possible, it was getting late when he posted it.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

  9. #9
    Super Moderator crashdive123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    44,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    You are correct. Maybe it was late when he put his title under his avatar as well.
    Can't Means Won't

    My Youtube Channel

  10. #10
    Senior Member Stairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    north Florida
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Well maybe he's trying to throw us off so we dont find him then.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator crashdive123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    44,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Anything is possible.
    Can't Means Won't

    My Youtube Channel

  12. #12
    Proud Okie! MatthewnOK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South East Oklahoma
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Thirteen is what, 8th. grade? Ahh ........ a testament to the American educational system in the 21st. century.
    As for you, I am in the 8th grade also. It's not so much the education, but the personality of the student. Some people don't CARE if they spell correctly because of several distinct factors. It could be laziness, it could be lack of pride (not caring what other people think about you), or stupidity. (Somehow I always find myself ranting on this guy's threads; maybe I need therapy...)

    Back on topic. Look for military surplus stores http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl, sporting good stores, http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl, and some Wal-mart supercenters have a few offerings. Mail order is always and option you can always use a money order (If you have money that is).
    I'd rather be carried by six than married by one!

  13. #13
    Quality Control Director Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewnOK View Post
    As for you, I am in the 8th grade also. It's not so much the education, but the personality of the student. Some people don't CARE if they spell correctly because of several distinct factors. It could be laziness, it could be lack of pride (not caring what other people think about you), or stupidity. (Somehow I always find myself ranting on this guy's threads; maybe I need therapy...)
    Matthew, I always find your posts to be well-thought-out and well-written. Congratulations. You have clearly applied yourself in school, and have acquired excellent writing skills which are comparable to or better than many of my sophomore college students.

    However, I am pained and troubled by the widespread failure of many public schools nationwide. Far too many appear incapable of getting their acts together and thus fail to provide most of the essentials necessary to educate our young people. Often, parents should be blamed as well.

    One school district in my area has been historically pathetic in this regard. Just yesterday, this scathing report was issued:

    http://media.townonline.com/fallriver/pdfs/FRReport.pdf

    Just scan through the report (over 90 pages) and you'll understand just how and why the failure of our educational system threatens the future of our nation. Look at the statistics. Almost one-half of this school system's students leave without a high school diploma. It's pathetic.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

    "Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

  14. #14
    Proud Okie! MatthewnOK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South East Oklahoma
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Matthew, I always find your posts to be well-thought-out and well-written. Congratulations. You have clearly applied yourself in school, and have acquired excellent writing skills which are comparable to or better than many of my sophomore college students.

    However, I am pained and troubled by the widespread failure of many public schools nationwide. Far too many appear incapable of getting their acts together and thus fail to provide most of the essentials necessary to educate our young people. Often, parents should be blamed as well.

    One school district in my area has been historically pathetic in this regard. Just yesterday, this scathing report was issued:

    http://media.townonline.com/fallriver/pdfs/FRReport.pdf

    Just scan through the report (over 90 pages) and you'll understand just how and why the failure of our educational system threatens the future of our nation. Look at the statistics. Almost one-half of this school system's students leave without a high school diploma. It's pathetic.
    I agree wholeheartedly, I am actually home-schooled through a Christian method. I don't want to go into the religious discussion area, but I believe the work-ethic and moral codes they instill in you are whats lacking in today's school system.
    I'd rather be carried by six than married by one!

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Georgia Mountains
    Posts
    2,222
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    If you want to locate flint, go to www.paleoplanet.com Many who are there are from the Cal. area.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •