Thread: flint

Post flint

do u guys know where to get flint around the city,by city i mean san josa
    "You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!"
    -Capt. Henry P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 January 1943

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

A good bet is at your local sporting goods store. I think you're the only guy on here from san josa, but i could be wrong.

Where exactly is San Josa anyway? I know where San Jose is, but not San Josa.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

Twas thinking the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Where exactly is San Josa anyway? I know where San Jose is, but not San Josa.
    Quote Originally Posted by flandersander View Post
    Twas thinking the same thing.
    I looked it up earlier today on Google. Response was 'Did you mean "San Jose?"'

I suggested the purchase of a dictionary in another thread.......... Mebe hes mum or ded cude by hem won.

Thirteen is what, 8th. grade? Ahh ........ a testament to the American educational system in the 21st. century.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I use to live in San Jose, never heard of San Josa. Maybe it's a slang term for the city?
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Maybe he hit an A instead of an E.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's possible, it was getting late when he posted it.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

You are correct. Maybe it was late when he put his title under his avatar as well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well maybe he's trying to throw us off so we dont find him then.

Anything is possible.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thirteen is what, 8th. grade? Ahh ........ a testament to the American educational system in the 21st. century.
    As for you, I am in the 8th grade also. It's not so much the education, but the personality of the student. Some people don't CARE if they spell correctly because of several distinct factors. It could be laziness, it could be lack of pride (not caring what other people think about you), or stupidity. (Somehow I always find myself ranting on this guy's threads; maybe I need therapy...)

Back on topic. Look for military surplus stores http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl, sporting good stores, http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl, and some Wal-mart supercenters have a few offerings. Mail order is always and option you can always use a money order (If you have money that is).
    I'd rather be carried by six than married by one!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewnOK View Post
    As for you, I am in the 8th grade also. It's not so much the education, but the personality of the student. Some people don't CARE if they spell correctly because of several distinct factors. It could be laziness, it could be lack of pride (not caring what other people think about you), or stupidity. (Somehow I always find myself ranting on this guy's threads; maybe I need therapy...)
    Matthew, I always find your posts to be well-thought-out and well-written. Congratulations. You have clearly applied yourself in school, and have acquired excellent writing skills which are comparable to or better than many of my sophomore college students.

However, I am pained and troubled by the widespread failure of many public schools nationwide. Far too many appear incapable of getting their acts together and thus fail to provide most of the essentials necessary to educate our young people. Often, parents should be blamed as well.

One school district in my area has been historically pathetic in this regard. Just yesterday, this scathing report was issued:

http://media.townonline.com/fallriver/pdfs/FRReport.pdf

Just scan through the report (over 90 pages) and you'll understand just how and why the failure of our educational system threatens the future of our nation. Look at the statistics. Almost one-half of this school system's students leave without a high school diploma. It's pathetic.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Matthew, I always find your posts to be well-thought-out and well-written. Congratulations. You have clearly applied yourself in school, and have acquired excellent writing skills which are comparable to or better than many of my sophomore college students.

However, I am pained and troubled by the widespread failure of many public schools nationwide. Far too many appear incapable of getting their acts together and thus fail to provide most of the essentials necessary to educate our young people. Often, parents should be blamed as well.

One school district in my area has been historically pathetic in this regard. Just yesterday, this scathing report was issued:

http://media.townonline.com/fallriver/pdfs/FRReport.pdf

Just scan through the report (over 90 pages) and you'll understand just how and why the failure of our educational system threatens the future of our nation. Look at the statistics. Almost one-half of this school system's students leave without a high school diploma. It's pathetic.
    I agree wholeheartedly, I am actually home-schooled through a Christian method. I don't want to go into the religious discussion area, but I believe the work-ethic and moral codes they instill in you are whats lacking in today's school system.
    I'd rather be carried by six than married by one!

Blog Entries

If you want to locate flint, go to www.paleoplanet.com Many who are there are from the Cal. area.