Thread: Hydration bladder of choice?

Default Hydration bladder of choice?

I just found out that my pack has a place for a large hydration bladder. What brands are there, and which brand do you recommend
    I'd rather be carried by six than married by one!

I honestly don't know if there is a lot of difference between bladders. I've got a Camelbak 3 liter and 2 liter. Some bite valves are different and some have shut offs (one of mine does, the other does not). If they hold water, don't leak........
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Camelbak has their new series of bladders available, they are tougher than the older model which was pretty tough. The new series also has a quick release bite valve which you can pop out and with a few attachments plug your water filter right into the bladder so you don't need to take the bladder out of your pack to fill it.
    I know what hunts you.

Camelbak are excellent in my opinion, i like their durabillity, large fill hole, decent resivour size and the large ammount of accesories that go with them. I have the thermoback 3 liter and it does me perfect, Also i would reccomend buying one of the cleaning kits and resivour driers that they offer, its helped me out on a few occasions.
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

I have a Camelback, and I once placed a link to it on this website. I bought some winterized kit that includes the bladder and insulating pouch (sort of black / graphite) for it with an neoprene, insulating sleeve and rubber cap on the drinking tube.

I have a camelback, because that is what came with my pack. Used it a lot when I rode enduros on the dirt bike. Has held up well and it is 9 years old, bought it in 2000.

Camelbak has a new tougher seris of bladder called the "water beast"
    I know what hunts you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Camelbak has a new tougher seris of bladder called the "water beast"
    That's the one you can drive a Humvee over, huh?
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've always like the Platypus Bladders. They offer a large variety and the plastic they use doesn't leave a bad taste. I've even replaced the bladders in my Camelbaks.

http://www.platypushydration.com/
    Last edited by pgvoutdoors; 03-09-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added website
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

I have a Camelbak that came with my pack and a Platypus collapsible bladder that I really like.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

i have a classic camelback pack that has held up over the last 10 yrs or so.

however, i picked up one of these ( http://greatescapessports.com/catalo...roducts_id=332 ) a couple of years ago and am mostly impressed with it....especially considering the price. the only problem has been the bladder. the tubing splits when the water inside freezes and you bend the tubing. had to replace with a platypus bladder-no more problems! camelbak bladders also do not have this problem.

mainly though, outdoor products factory is in tn...which i like very much!

enjoy!

I'm trying to get a cheap army surplus camelbak with shoulder straps and molle attachments so I don't need a daypack to huff just my bladder. There's an excellent video somewhere on their site showing a full bladder being driven over by a pickup. The thing balloons out something fierce but doesn't break or leak. Amazing.
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

You might consider the Camelbak Goblin. It's little more than a butt pack with a bladder. It also offers conceal carry.

What happens to you when the bladder gets run over? Will you balloon out along with it?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Great! Something else to make my butt look bigger.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by mitch.chesney View Post
    I'm trying to get a cheap army surplus camelbak with shoulder straps and molle attachments so I don't need a daypack to huff just my bladder. There's an excellent video somewhere on their site showing a full bladder being driven over by a pickup. The thing balloons out something fierce but doesn't break or leak. Amazing.
    My dad has what your talking about. He's god some large molle attachments so he has a complete survival kit plus a 100 oz. hydration bladder. He says he prefers it over his camelbak mule.
    I'd rather be carried by six than married by one!