Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: .22 MAGNUM ONLY TALK about .22 MAGNUM & Rim fires

My favorite cartridge. I have a 3 screw Ruger and a Marlin 1894M in .22 magnum. I have killed a lot of coyotes and hogs with both. You just got to hit them right. Most of the hogs were tied up after catching them and you put a round thru their ear. "In the old days" a fella I worked with use to shoot a couple of deer every year with a bolt action .22 magnum. Shot them in the head. My .22 magnum rifle is always close when I am working on the farm.
    Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Highhawk1948 View Post
    My favorite cartridge. I have a 3 screw Ruger and a Marlin 1894M in .22 magnum. I have killed a lot of coyotes and hogs with both. You just got to hit them right. Most of the hogs were tied up after catching them and you put a round thru their ear. "In the old days" a fella I worked with use to shoot a couple of deer every year with a bolt action .22 magnum. Shot them in the head. My .22 magnum rifle is always close when I am working on the farm.
    VERY NICE!!

I have wanted a 1894 22M since I found out they where discontinued. (Way back) I have a Henry and had a Winny but sold it. They are nice but no Marlin!

22Mag is a favorite of mine too! I have many so chambered.

CW
    Support our troops! We all owe a debt we cannot begin to repay, start with support of the PEOPLE in the uniforms.

Walked into a store today they had a dozen "bricks" of the 200 pack of Troy Landry, a full brick of Fiocchi HP's and part of a brick of Hornady CD ammo. I bought a couple Fiocchi and left the rest for those less fortunate.

CW
    Support our troops! We all owe a debt we cannot begin to repay, start with support of the PEOPLE in the uniforms.

Looks like I will need to find a good source for .22 Mag ammo. Daughter has a Stevens Favorite, I have a Ruger 96/22, a couple of H&R handguns, and I just traded into a PMR-30. Interesting shooting 30 rounds at a time from a semi-auto handgun.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

If it cost more than .10 a round and I cant reload it, I just move along...

A .22 magnum will kill anything in North America, as long as you shoot it at least 15 times..........LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    A .22 magnum will kill anything in North America, as long as you shoot it at least 15 times..........LOL
    Works just about perfect for Grouse. Not much else I use it on. Although coyotes an groundhogs have fallen to mine a few times. Targets of opportunity.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate