Thread: My Critter Getter

Default My Critter Getter

The once again discontinued Crosman 2289G Backpacker. It's based on the 1322 which is based on the 1377 multi-pump pistol. People have been using these to take up to Rabbit size game out to 15 yards with a head shot for quite a while. There's no shortage of replacement or upgrade parts. I do plan on having a flat top piston installed to push the velocity near 500fps. It's both light and compact enough to completely fit in a backpack. The tape is for contrast. 014.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWolverine View Post
    The once again discontinued Crosman 2289G Backpacker. It's based on the 1322 which is based on the 1377 multi-pump pistol. People have been using these to take up to Rabbit size game out to 15 yards with a head shot for quite a while. There's no shortage of replacement or upgrade parts. I do plan on having a flat top piston installed to push the velocity near 500fps. It's both light and compact enough to completely fit in a backpack. The tape is for contrast. 014.jpg
    Best of luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Best of luck with it.
    Why do you say that?

I've heard good reports with the 1322 and 1377. A buddy of mine uses one extensively with success. I've been wanting to get one.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    I've heard good reports with the 1322 and 1377. A buddy of mine uses one extensively with success. I've been wanting to get one.
    Pyramyd Air offers both. The 1377 comes with either brown or black plastic furniture. The 1322 only comes with black plastic furniture. There's also the optional 1399 shoulder stock for these pistols The pistols are $57 each the stock is $25. I use Predator Metalmag pellets myself.

Why do you say that?
    It's a pretty gun and you say it can kill a rabbit out to 15 yards. I hope you get a lot of good meat with it.

It's a pretty gun and you say it can kill a rabbit out to 15 yards. I hope you get a lot of good meat with it.
    With a head shot you can count on it. It's part of a wilderness survival kit. It's not something I intend to regularly use because I'm not an avid hunter.

With a head shot you can count on it. It's part of a wilderness survival kit. It's not something I intend to regularly use because I'm not an avid hunter.
    You should be sure to get a lot of practice with it. Know its limitations and shortcomings. Zero it in, get it shooting the way you want it, and use it often, even if it's just on paper. Just my advice.

How many times have you personally taken small game with it?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You should be sure to get a lot of practice with it. Know its limitations and shortcomings. Zero it in, get it shooting the way you want it, and use it often, even if it's just on paper. Just my advice.
    Exactly. I need to brush up on my shooting before I start hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    How many times have you personally taken small game with it?
    None yet but I do know plenty of people who do use the 1377 and 1322 for taking small game at close range. Like I mentioned earlier I'll only hunt out of necessity. I'm not really into killing innocent creatures unless I really have to.