View Poll Results: Should Marijuana be legalized?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 47.37%
  • No

9 23.68%
  • Only for Medical Use

4 10.53%
  • Decriminalized - Not Legalized

7 18.42%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Attempt: Survey on "POT, YOUR THOUGHTS."

Blog Entries

Default Second Attempt: Survey on "POT, YOUR THOUGHTS."

SORRY ABOUT THE FIRST TRY. My POS computer likes to crash a lot lately.

Well, this thread http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=5975 has sure been a lively one.

I presume we have all educated ourselves on the issue of Marijuana and all have our own opinions on the subject of Marijuana - Good v. Bad.

So, my friends, here is an anonymous poll . The results should be interesting.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

My view on this is a little unorthodox. The last thing I would like to see is American Tobacco companies marketing weed. On the other hand if a person wants to grow and use pot on their own property (for personal use not for sale) I don't think it should be anybody's business but their own.

That said I as an employer should have the right not to hire, or to fire anyone who uses whatever drug I don't want to deal with, including alcohol or tobacco, coffee for that matter. As a landlord I should not be forced to rent property to anyone who does drugs.

Insurance companies should be allowed to set the premiums for people who do and don't do drugs. I would love it if my car insurance was less because I can pass a drug screen. I don't drink or do drugs why should I pay increased premiums to cover those who do?

If you want to do drugs, fine, screw yourself up, kill off your own brain cells. Don't ask me to bail you out or carry your sorry load. Drugs come with consequences and I as a non-drug user shouldn't have to share them with you. Mac
    The Colhane Channel TV for guys like me.

weed has no place in a survival situation nor on a survival site This site is to teach and learn survival not to debate legality of drugs hello!
    sh4d0wm4573ri7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pict View Post
    My view on this is a little unorthodox. The last thing I would like to see is American Tobacco companies marketing weed. On the other hand if a person wants to grow and use pot on their own property (for personal use not for sale) I don't think it should be anybody's business but their own.

That said I as an employer should have the right not to hire, or to fire anyone who uses whatever drug I don't want to deal with, including alcohol or tobacco, coffee for that matter. As a landlord I should not be forced to rent property to anyone who does drugs.

Insurance companies should be allowed to set the premiums for people who do and don't do drugs. I would love it if my car insurance was less because I can pass a drug screen. I don't drink or do drugs why should I pay increased premiums to cover those who do?

If you want to do drugs, fine, screw yourself up, kill off your own brain cells. Don't ask me to bail you out or carry your sorry load. Drugs come with consequences and I as a non-drug user shouldn't have to share them with you. Mac
    Mac, the way you put words together you should be a preacher.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sh4d0wm4573ri7 View Post
    weed has no place in a survival situation nor on a survival site This site is to teach and learn survival not to debate legality of drugs hello!
    I whole heartedly agree with you. Who ever started this nonsense should be force to snort "chicken crap" and drink "elephant poop juice".

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    I whole heartedly agree with you. Who ever started this nonsense should be force to snort "chicken crap" and drink "elephant poop juice".
    May I quote you on that? Well put
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Yep, what Mac said.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well I voted no, however I feel like this Country needs a new source of revenue instead of taxing us more and more. We need new money coming in versus the same money being taken from "here" and placed over "there" and pot would be a huge source of revenue. But I still think it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    Well I voted no, however I feel like this Country needs a new source of revenue instead of taxing us more and more. We need new money coming in versus the same money being taken from "here" and placed over "there" and pot would be a huge source of revenue. But I still think it's bad.
    IMO there is a plan out there that would create an economic boom. Not only here, but anywhere it is done. It involves politics so I won't post a link here, but if you're interested I'll send it to you via PM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    IMO there is a plan out there that would create an economic boom. Not only here, but anywhere it is done. It involves politics so I won't post a link here, but if you're interested I'll send it to you via PM.
    Sure I wanna see this plan. Thanks crash

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    So what are you waiting for already???? PM me, Crash. Thanks.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Doug and Ken - PM sent.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Send me the plan too, Crash. I am curious.
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Absolutely... except, the home grower thing doesn't work.

A big reason to legalize pot is to reduce the violence. Allowing some people to home grow doesn't fix that, it just makes criminals target homes for theivery. The best solution is large commercial scale farming and distribution such as tobacco.

But all the rest is right, any business owner should have the right to fire or not hire on that issue, or many other issues, and I think most insurances also already ask about this, as well they should. And they should for things like physical fitness/obesity, etc too. Any and all habits.

Legalize it, and tax it. IMHO Its not the governments job to police consciousness
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Colorado Springs, CO wildography's Avatar
    Colorado Springs, CO; I've lived in 9 states, traveled through 32 others

Hmmm... I dunno about that... what if TSHTF, resulting in TEOTWAWKI ? If you have a couple of pounds of pot... you could always sell, or trade, some of it... then wait till your buyers get so stoned that they can't stop you and go into their camp and steal everything that they've got? Teach 'em a lesson for smoking pot when its TEOTWAWKI!

Hmmm... nah, never mind, bad idea... then again, as a barter item, when its TEOTWAWKI might not be such a bad idea... grow your own, turn a nice lil profit...

i agree! im sure there are other forums where pot heads can talk about weed or any other drug they want.

Cannot beat them, tax them.
    "Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”

— Thoreau

I'm with the whole barter thing i started a home brew and starting to get better at it i think. Weed makes me unmotivated and some how i kept forgetting where i put stuff not good in a survival situation but as a product to trade it might be up there with food and gasoline.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    May I quote you on that? Well put
    Please feel free to quote me on this statement.