Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ramem Noodles

Here lately, Ive been putting hand full of cabbage in water and boil for 10 min. with the spice pack, crush up the noddles, add and boil for 3 more min. Yummmmmmmmmm

in college i pretty much lived on beer, ramen and kale and spiced rum.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

And now your mom knows.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by tennecedar View Post
    Federal in Texas. And yeah, cooked with a stinger.
    Never been in the can, WTF is a stinger?

here's some guys rant;
    http://www.prisoners.com/stingeri.html

But basically (from the same page) -
    "In jailhouse argot a "stinger" is a little, homemade water heater. Metal fragments are connected to electric current and immersed in water causing the water to boil. Stingers are harmless except that they occasionally short out the power causing a breaker to open."

------------
    I don't know about harmless. Anything can be made into a weapon, and, realisticly, we are talking about a bunch of violent sociopaths who have had their liberty's stipped away and caged, but hey, you can make the call about what's harmless. The fact is, that's how just about everything in prison is "cooked", from your ramen to your coffee. To the point that you don't have to make them anymore, they sell the commercial ones on commisary now. It's a 110 plug/cord attached to a small device about 3-4 inches long, maybe 1-2 in diameter, with a little hook of molded plastic on the side. Fill up your coffee cup of water, place the stinger in side hanging on the edge of the cup, plug it in, and in ~5 minutes you have boiling or almost boiling water.

When all you get is slop from the kitchens, and you're still starving after being on work detail all day, and you couldn't eat that sh!t they serve, a pack of ramen and some tuna is a freakin gourmet treat.
    Last edited by Alpine_Sapper; 03-28-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: jail != prison
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Here's one made to plug into a cigarette lighter in your car. The 110V plug-ins were popular years ago.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yep. the ones we had actually look more like the end made to go into the car lighter socket than the coil of metal, but, again, they were issued to convicts...
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams

we are talking about a bunch of violent sociopaths who have had their liberty's stipped away and caged

Not all of them are. pm me and I'l tell ya bout how a cop does a year in the federal pen.
    Well why not?

While I Belive The People In Prision Are There For A Very Good Reason. I Think People In Prision Would Be Very Good At Survival, Just Due To The Fact That They Can Do Sooo Many Things In Lock Up With Very Little
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."

-George Patton

Back on topic(my fault, sorry guys). Here's one i really like when on an overnight trip.
    one beef ramen half the pack of seasoning
    diced summer sausage
    onion powder
    red pepper
    string cheese
    nothing to have to keep cool so it don't spoil by the next couple days
    Just put the unused summer sausage in a zip lock bag
    Well why not?

Quote Originally Posted by tennecedar View Post
    we are talking about a bunch of violent sociopaths who have had their liberty's stipped away and caged

Not all of them are. pm me and I'l tell ya bout how a cop does a year in the federal pen.
    lol. yeah, I know. I'm usually the first one to defend against such generalizations as I know first hand they are not true (especially since NO body, except the crazy nutters, on the inside actually did it. ) but it was the easiest way to make the point that in the right hands anything can be an instrument of death or torture.
    Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    ...in the right hands anything can be an instrument of death or torture.
    Such as the Styrofoam cup made into a knife?
    Surviving the Fellini Kroger since 1993

I can't and won't eat the Ramen noodles.
    Can't because it has MSG... = Monster Headache
    Won't because of the Styrofoam cup it comes in... = Cup will last forever, and that's a long time!
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
    I can't and won't eat the Ramen noodles.
    Can't because it has MSG... = Monster Headache
    Won't because of the Styrofoam cup it comes in... = Cup will last forever, and that's a long time!
    You can get them without a cup you know

While it's a little more effort, a handfull of pasta of your choice, a little seasoning of your choice and a zip lock bag.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVan View Post
    You can get them without a cup you know
    But they still have MSG in it. That's one of the reasons I learned how to make my own Jerkey. Most store bought brands have MSG in them.

Besides crash is right!

Is the MSG in the noodles or in the packet of spices? I don't have an problems with MSG so I don't look at the labels I don't have any problems with MSG so I don't look at the labels I don't have any problems with MSG so I don't. Use the noodles without the spices. Or not.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Just checked. The MSG is in the seasoning packet.
    Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    Just checked. The MSG is in the seasoning packet.
    Yes it is, so I do it the same way crash said.

Speaking of MSG - in Hawaii it seemed like it was a condiment staple there. It was on tables in a little shaker just like salt, peper and soy sauce.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel