Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramem Noodles

Default Ramem Noodles

Up untill last week I never tried these, And I have to admit there not bad, And you cant beat the price. Today for lunch I put a hand full of cabbage in a beef one and it was great. Im sure this is old news to most of you. Just was woundering what yall thought about them?

They are great for hiking/camping. They are very light and don't take up too much room in the pack. The taste isn't bad either.
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

You can do so much with them, many people shun them because of the high sodium. The thing to do is use only half the packet of seasoning or ditch it altogether and use your own. I just boil them, then stir fry them with fresh veggies and low sodium soy sauce.

I have never tried them, because I was told that they were to salty.
    Take only what you need, and leave the rest.

They are a quick meal. I have some stocked in the pantry. They are light to pack and carry.
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

I don't eat them so much anymore. I did pick up a couple of cases a while back when they were on sale to add to my supplies. Tony - as far as the salt, Marylp is exactly right. Don't use the entire seasoning packet or make your own if you are concerned with the salt content (I never have). When I lived in Hawaii they were a diet staple. They were even on the menu at McDonalds.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I keep some in my BOB.At 3oz. and 390 calories and the fact that they are dirt cheap,you cant go wrong.The flavor packet has zero calories and is simply beef boulion crushed up.That is where all the sodium and msg is too.Not everyone is sensitive to sodium and blood pressure and it is a vital electrolyte.These can even be eaten as trail mix without adding water.Ive tried it and prefer em cooked but with low water supply or no time to stop and cook your still getting the calories.

Wow!! Gotta have pretty strong teeth to eat that stuff raw...

Well a little coffee might soften it up for ya!

ya know...that just might work...

I lived on them for six months when I was going through my divorce. They're great for what they are, but I can't eat them anymore without turning my stomach.

Strange, I lived on MREs for almost two years, and I still crave them. Maybe I overdosed on the ramen noodles.

Uh yeah...I lived on ramen when I was in college. That was over 10 years ago. Only over the past fall was I able to look at the cooked product without going a bit green about the gills... I gotta try dumping some in some coffee, just to see...

I still make them the way we used to get them in korea...with a little beef or chicken and a slice of american cheese melted into the broth. But I eat Ramen with tuna, tuna and cheese, jalapeno's, they're very versatile. As for the salt, if you're cooking them at home, a tablespoon of butter goes a long way to reducing the sodium while still providing the full flavor of the seasoning packet. I don't put the butter and cheese at the same time. Too much fat. There have been times when I'm totally burnt out on Ramen, but it's a diet staple now because they are cheap and they can prettty much be stashed anywhere. And whoever was talking about the jailhouse chips, yeah, you can crush the noodles in the bag and just sprinkle the packet over the noodles, but then you REALLY notices the sodium eating them raw.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Ahhhh sodium! in a homer simpson voice.

I lived on them for six months when I was going through my divorce. They're great for what they are, but I can't eat them anymore without turning my stomach.

Strange, I lived on MREs for almost two years, and I still crave them. Maybe I overdosed on the ramen noodles.
    Maybe it was the environment, Besides Ramen noodles are a divorce requirment. LOL
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

A couple of cases on the shelf. Good stuff. Sort of like Spam.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    .......Ramen noodles are a divorce requirment. LOL
    Yep. Just like eggs and Kraft Mac & Cheese.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I really like them. I'm a big eater, so when I make them, I make 2 packs at a time. I also like to add cheyenne pepper and bbq spice to mine. I like the strong flavor, so I boil and then pour out the water, and then I add the packet of flavor. Yep, I'm not in need of sodium for a while.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Love Ramen noodles. At home I like to stir fry after cooking the noodles, and add fresh veggies and sometimes chicken or venison. I add my own seasoning with much less salt and msg. At work I like to use the cup-a-soup version.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I don't eat them so much anymore. I did pick up a couple of cases a while back when they were on sale to add to my supplies. Tony - as far as the salt, Marylp is exactly right. Don't use the entire seasoning packet or make your own if you are concerned with the salt content (I never have). When I lived in Hawaii they were a diet staple. They were even on the menu at McDonalds.
    I think your getting me confused with vthompson.

I have never tried them, because I was told that they were to salty.
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.