Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreams...

Default Dreams...

Has anyones sleeping patterns been interrupted(sp) by dreams lately? I am bringing to mind Hopeaks thread mentioning the subtle shift of the forum, and what the pack may be sensing. Myabe I am just paying too much attention to what is going on in the world... Not to Bragg or anything, but I have never had this many BAD dreams, night after night. Thoughts, anyone? Or you can just tell me to go back under my rock like a good little beetle. I won't get my feelings hurt either... Jen
    Turtle Clan/Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Banned
    Blog Entries

You said that you are working 60 hours per week. I wonder if that is a factor...? And I suggest you disregard that Hopeak crazy person, He is just a disruptive, annoying, pain in the A$$........

First, your sleep pattern is not disrupted by dreams. Dreams are a normal part of your sleep pattern whether you remember them or not. Your dreams are probably more the result of daily stress.

Here's a good pbs article for you.
    http://www.pbs.org/safarchive/4_clas...573_dream.html
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Last night I dreamt I was thrown in jail. And the lights went out. I broke my fist on some guy's head when he tried to make me his...playmate.

Talk about a wierd dream. Strangely I was more worried about my broken fist than getting...uh..propositioned by another inmate.

So I guess what I am saying is that if a dream like that don't disturb your pattern, then I don't know what will.

It's the coffee.

I think you nailed it Shaggs,but could you imagine poor beetle without her coffee????

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post
    It's the coffee.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Maybe sleep is interrupting your dreams?
    It's a dog eat dog world out there

Just one question, Grundle. Did you wake up with a cast on your hand!?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post
    It's the coffee.
    The beetle dont laugh when there is no coffee. noone else is laughing either....
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

I wouldn't mind the dreams, if they didnt involve mushroom clouds every night. and no, i didn't eat any suspicious mushrooms either... I wind up waking myself from the dream, and that messes up my sleeping patterns. I wind up taking caffine pills so I don't get into a wreck while driving to or from work.

Blog Entries

Cool Fatalistic Sarge.

L.B., don't fear, we're all going to die sooner or late anyway.(now didn't that cheer you up?) So are you going to switch to de-caf? I used to be afraid of flying, then my wife told me that more people die in car accidents than plane crashes....so now I don't drive either!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

night before last I dreamed I was a victim of a thief.I was camping/diving and hunting all in one weekend which I do from time to time and stopped to get some dinner heading home.When I got back to the truck the door was open.And everything was gone.It was a sick feeling that woke me up and just felt too real.You work hard to pay for your stuff and someone just takes it.It really got me thinking .Been off here for a while just got a new computer.Funny this thread hit home with that terreble nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    L.B., don't fear, we're all going to die sooner or late anyway.(now didn't that cheer you up?) So are you going to switch to de-caf? I used to be afraid of flying, then my wife told me that more people die in car accidents than plane crashes....so now I don't drive either!
    actually, my uncle switched the coffee to half caf on me... I think I need to switch it back...

Laughing Beetle, I'm pretty superstitious and I haven't been having any dreams. Coffee, I love the stuff, but don't drink it past 10. You worry, drink coffee and don't sleep good. It's your job to worry, that's why you are the preparer. It's a side effect of your curiosity. I'm going to earth quake country for a couple months and would be worse off then you would be if anything happens. I'll get some extra rice, beans and water and hope all goes well. You'd be home with food and guns and until you lose 'em, you've got some darn good odds of being just fine. You're in a safe place, they'll be no mushroom clouds in Adams.

UHH...not to do a chicken little or anything, but I am just under 32 miles from Fort Drum. If anything were to happen I would likely be a crispy critter!

Or maybe I should say crunchy beetle...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by laughing beetle View Post
    UHH...not to do a chicken little or anything, but I am just under 32 miles from Fort Drum. If anything were to happen I would likely be a crispy critter!
    Ahhh, Ft. Drum, N.Y.

I slept in a BOQ room at Ft. Drum. January 1, 1993. Heat was off. Froze my a** off, too! My brother got married at Ft. Drum that day, around 6:00 p.m. By the time I got to sleep, he was on his way to Somalia.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I think that my subconcious is telling me that I am not happy with my preperations. So now I have to figure out what I may be missing. And I am not all that much worried about a nuclear blast, so much as being able to care for me and mine should I loose my job, or if my brother in-law loses his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Ahhh, Ft. Drum, N.Y.

I slept in a BOQ room at Ft. Drum. January 1, 1993. Heat was off. Froze my a** off, too! My brother got married at Ft. Drum that day, around 6:00 p.m. By the time I got to sleep, he was on his way to Somalia.
    I grew up underneath the flight paths of Drum. There were always convoys on the area, big choppers, and all sorts of training maneuvers in the air and on land. I thing even the railway was in use. The army has always been there.

Blog Entries

I use to get these great dreams. At first, they were frightening. I could fly.....all I had to do was to concentrate and I would start to raise off the ground. I would wake up scared as hell.

As time went on, many months, I started to control the dreams, well, I actually started controlling my flying in the dreams. Towards the end all I had to do was consentrate hard and then I would go up and relax and actually have control. The sense of rising too fast or falling too fast was gone. I could manuever and push the limits. I would go as high as possible, then drop and pick up.

My favorites were controlling my flying to right over the tree level, I could swoop down and land. Then jump up and just take off.

I had these dreams for many many months and then they stopped. I guess towards the end when I could control my flying, that was an example of how I was starting to control my life. These dreams were about 4 years ago and I remember them, many in detail to this day.

My dreams are sometimes just so far out there. In one last year, I died. I died..I've heard that you never die in your dreams, well, I did. Not going to go into it as it was very gruesome. I've been shot and mortally wounded many times. I've had dreams that were very, well, to me it indicates that there is a side of me that I have controlled and I would never want to actually see.

I look at dreams as going to the movies without having to buy a ticket. A free movie.

One dream that I can honestly say that I hate. The one where you are awake, your eyes are moving, you can look with only your eyes around the room, but you can't move. You try to sit up and you can't. Then the fear and panic sets in, your heart is really racing, the sweat starts, and finally after what seems to be an eternity, you gain control and sit up. These are the worst.