Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work?

Default Work?

How is your work? Busy, slow, any layoffs? It's starting to get slow around here. We have been lucky the last few months and held our own but it looks like things are starting to slow down. (Metal Fab work.)

I see i posted this in the wrong section. Sorry.

Some may consider it General Survival, but I'll move it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

i am in the medical field and business is booming as always

Business is great!!!! We are hiring like crazy. Send me a PM for more information if your looking for work and between the ages of 17-42.

LOL...no really
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Blog Entries

I'm in the environmental bidness. Cleaning up the USA one gas station at a time. This time of year is usually slow..........not this year.

Jan. I was just slammed..........Feb., glad it's coming to an end as it was all crewed up, but I was just slammed...........Now I sat down and put my schedule together for March.

Guess what??????????slammed....................

Out of 13 offices, we are kicking butt, yep, it seems we are carrying the whole company. Corp. is calling trying to find out how the Atl. office is doing it.

I hope it keeps up....oh, our salaries have been frozen.

So many bugs, so little time. Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Edit: Laughing Beetle - DO NOT READ THIS POST!
    Last edited by crashdive123; 02-24-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm a deputy, the worse the economy gets, the more business picks up.
    The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. What befalls the Earth, befalls the sons of the Earth.
    Chief Seattle

Bear Clan

I am a retired electrician. I had to quit working due to a medical condition. But whenever I was working, I loved wiring new houses.
    Take only what you need, and leave the rest.

sales are slow, advertisement unaffordable, etc.

temp side work buys the groceries though. couldn't ask for too much more than i need.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    So many bugs, so little time. Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Edit: Laughing Beetle - DO NOT READ THIS POST!
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

I work in a for a company that imports specialty foods, as well as supplying organics. IE- Bobs Red Mill, Voss Water, and more varieties of tea than a termite convention could eat in a year. Business has been very steady. We are in the shipping season for Passover right now. Anything and everything Kosher...Gefilte Fish anyone? I have been putting in 50 to 60 hour a week... I am ready for a vacation.
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Thumbs up Survival & Primitve Living. . .Business Is Up!

Last year was a slow year for us, but this year is shaping up to be a very good year.

People, left and right, contacting me about survival and primitive living courses. We generally run 6 courses in the summer and 2 in winter, but it looks as though we're going to do double that this year.
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Sled dog tours have been suprisingly busy the past month and half. I am a little nervous about my summer river season though. Usually, by now I have a lot of trips booked for the upcoming season. But this years bookings are about 90% off! But, I am not too scared yet. I figure people won't be booking 5 or 6 months in advance like in past years, but, more like a month in advance- depending on how their own economic outlook looks.

On a side note. I have alot of friends who are out of work.
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

I'm a petro and chemical surveyor. Our work has slowed to some extent, but as long as people drive cars, and ships sail the seas, I do not see us having too mush trouble. The chemical side has slowed more than the petroleum, but we still have work, and I still have a job. I have also gotten my commercial fishing license this year so that I can suppliment my income with selling catfish, crawfish, and shrimps. I figure when the luxeries start to slow, people will still need to eat.

I'm in the military, work is steady and about to get really Afganistan...I mean busy.
    You don't have to join PETA to survive in the woods, it just helps.
    (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Staying steady, Government still spending money like a drunkin sailor (sorry Crash ). The major Corporation I work for is poor mouthing employees, cutting back salary increases . Annual Corp report shows record year for profits and the CEO gets 3 million dollar bonus. So it appears they are taking advantage of the economic climate to increase profits.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Work is still strong, but the powers that be are more cautious about spending this year. Our first quarter (fiscal year) we were off from last year, but still made a sizable profit. In the agricultural industry, crop prices were good last year, which means farmers have money to spend, so hopefully we can make it through this.

I know it's tough on a lot of people right now, though.
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

My sister works in a lab at a hospital,and just got word from the management that there will be 120 people laid off in the next 2 weeks,not sure if she is on that list,but she is worried.

The hospital is not in the red by any means,but they want to build a new building,and the banks won't lend them money as they are not far enough in the black to get the loans they want,so they are laying off people to get to that point where the banks will lend to them.
    Last edited by nell67; 02-25-2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I happy for all that are doing so well, But ive worked 8 days in 2 months. Im in the building ind. and now, here, it sucks. But I do have more time to spend outdoors.