Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What scares you..? A real physical thing....?

Trabitha, Spiders bigger than a dime? Is that legs and all?

We get Golden Orbs all over our woods and they are just plain harmless. We have several species of Widow spiders down here but they only bite to protect their egg sac. Brown Recluse are, well, reclusive. LOL

Snakes are not a viable threat to humans in most cases.

Here is my son and his scout troop stopping by to pet our pet just before going to the "glades" for a field trip.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

The kid with the hat on is mine.

Same here waiting to take out a gator.

7' gator

Still wrangling reptiles.

Me, I don't like being pinned where I can't move.

See that? That ain't right. If the good Lord would have wanted me to hug those critters he'd have put lipstick or something on 'em. (shiver)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    I take back what I said after the 44 lizards in his underwear, glad I don't wear any.
    I see London, I see France, I don't see Coot's underpants.

I'm scared of one thing - a blue-eyed blonde about 5'6" and can be meaner than any of those critters. ........... Oh no, Honey, I wasn't talking about you!
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Batch, you sure got a lot of nice boots & stuff for pets. Best of all no bullet holes in them. If you don't mind build a fence on the North side of them suckers. We don't need any more.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

The fella whose post is right above this one, scares the bejeepers outta me.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Loss of air.
    I know it's seems basic, but having drowned once, it's something you never quite shake.
    I Love BREATHING!
    Even a sinus congestion gets me a little uptight.
    Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
    Loss of air.
    I know it's seems basic, but having drowned once, it's something you never quite shake.
    I Love BREATHING!
    I guess we'll skip the water-boarding.

Palimony papers.
    No seriously the most scared I've ever been was when I stepped into the water pullin in a fish and when I looked to my right and saw about ten water mocs less than two foot away....the fish got away.

D.O.M.

Quote Originally Posted by McGyver
    having drowned once, it's something you never quite shake.
    Is there a degree of dead I haven't heard about?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    He didn't see the white light and had to turn around and come back...most likely.

Loss of air.
    I Love BREATHING!
    A good friend of mine and I would go scuba diving 3-5 times a week. We both loved it. When an opportunity came up for him to fill the job of diver on our submarine, he applied. The application was accepted and he was sent to Navy Dive School. The last few days - they go through a training session (I think it was called hell day or week) where they are put through some really grueling stuff. He drowned. They revived him with CPR. He came back to the ship a changed man. He would not go recreational diving anymore. I saw him years later - he said he was still afraid to even go swimming.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

110 degrees in the shade TucsonMax's Avatar

Snakes! This Diamondback rattler slithered into my yard not long ago. And, no, that's NOT me, taking care of him.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chance favors the prepared mind.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    The last few days - they go through a training session (I think it was called hell day or week) where they are put through some really grueling stuff. He drowned. They revived him with CPR.
    Thanks for the explaining Crash.
    They do (or did) the same thing in S.A.R. school.
    "You may only be one stroke from safety, Never give up."

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    He didn't see the white light and had to turn around and come back...most likely.
    Yes, you are correct.
    Sure wish I had a good white light story. Just a blackout followed by a sore throat and one helva headache.

Yes, you are correct.
    Sure wish I had a good white light story. Just a blackout followed by a sore throat and one helva headache.
    And a happy family to see you back.

Banned

I can be startled at times by the sudden appearance of something; but only the creepy beasties and creepy crawlies of my own imagination scare me. What I find terrifying is combat, all that chaos, noise and tumult with bullets and schrapnel zipping and whizzing inches from your head. That's all a human's invinctive fear and learned fear in a big ball of the worst kind of OMG!The worst part of it is what you do in it yourself. The death and pain you cause, sickens you then and haunts you for years. A soldier doesn't hate the enemy for who the enemy is; but because of what the enemy makes the soldier become.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierarcher View Post
    A soldier doesn't hate the enemy for who the enemy is; but because of what the enemy makes the soldier become.

I like that, I like the balance of the way it reads. A small sentence that Say's an entire chapter of life.

I can be startled at times by the sudden appearance of something; but only the creepy beasties and creepy crawlies of my own imagination scare me. What I find terrifying is combat, all that chaos, noise and tumult with bullets and schrapnel zipping and whizzing inches from your head. That's all a human's invinctive fear and learned fear in a big ball of the worst kind of OMG!The worst part of it is what you do in it yourself. The death and pain you cause, sickens you then and haunts you for years. A soldier doesn't hate the enemy for who the enemy is; but because of what the enemy makes the soldier become.
    Well said. Is an experience that is hard to explain to those who have had the good fortune not to experience. You go on almost an auto pilot during the event. What I was always scared of was the "re hashing" of it when things calmed down, even to this day
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

First I must say, I'm glad you and Pal, made it back from the horrors you have faced! Both of your post broght tears to my eyes.I took a moment of silence for all those that did and didn't make it back. And all those that are serving at this moment! A heart felt thank you ladies and gentelman one and all!

Nothing scares me more than the thought of either of my sons having to go into battle!
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.