Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: advice?

Blog Entries

Watch the movie "Hitch"
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Sorry I didn't realize you were 13. The best advice i could give would be to go slow, get to know each other, and be yourself. If a person does not like you the way you are then your better off finding some one who does. If your only 13 you have plenty of time. You should get to know lots of girls then you can pick the one thats right for you.
    GOD FAVORS NO GROUP ONLY RELIGIONS DO THAT

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Those that can remember what it was like to be that age may want to tailor their advice accordingly.

Well, back in 1883, When I was 13, Daisey and I would go for a ride in the slurry, Daisey was the horse. Good looking horse. Life was simpler back then, on count of they did not have women type people back then....... Come to think of it there ain't no women type people round these parts now.........Say, this young lady, she wouldn't by chance have a grandmother that ain't non too awful ugly would she......? Say, would be good if she had some teeth, Daisey had good teeth, thats more important in a horse, I guess.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 01-31-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Oh,only 13?Id find the prettiest girl with the richest[and oldest] parents I could find.Her being an only child would be a plus.Disregard the thing I said earlier about the sex.DONT KNOCK HER UP EITHER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by backtobasics View Post
    If your having trouble with her in the first 2 weeks i say get rid of her. My wife and i stayed in bed the first 2 weeks.
    No no no!!! it's going well but i just need advice for further down the road.
    Prepared enough.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalguy View Post
    No no no!!! it's going well but i just need advice for further down the road.

It sounds like you have a clear question, suggest you PM one of the people above you feel O.K. with. But not me, I don't know anything about women or relationships.

Best advice I can give you is wrap your willy, son! Same thing my dad said. two things you really DON"T want in your teens are the responsibility of a kid, or something that makes it rot off... Really! also No means NO! No if's and's or but's... Because Karma is a brass plated bee0tch, and it will bite you on the butt later...

Also be light and easy and not too serious. Have fun and enjoy life. Humor is a great tool. use it to your advantage.
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

Thanks for the advice everyone. we had our first fight yesterday but got over it. the advice was loads of help.

Many thanks, -TG
    Prepared enough.

tg 2 weeks and a fight.. not going well.. seems ur on breakers

ummm... not really i'm not gonna give up 'cause if i do i'll lose a great friend also.
    Prepared enough.

viva amigos,, keep the friend no matter what

Blog Entries

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you some advice.

Stay away from girls until you're 18.

Stay out of relationships until you're 30.

Between 18 and 30; climb all the mountains, hike all the trails, swim all the oceans, ski all the slopes, hit all the dancing clubs in Southern California. Take a walk through the jungles of South America, (keep an eye out), go to Asia and rent an apartment and date a local girl, travel to Phila. and eat a real Philly sub then take lunch in Little Italy in NY and get a real NY style pizza.

Track a deer in the snow, sit in a duckboat on the Chessy with the snow and sleet blowing in your face, throw metal for stripers while standing up to your waist in the surf. Stand alone in the wilderness and realize just how minute you really are.

Travel back to Southern Cal. and hit a few more dancing clubs, and when you are all done, move to a little town and meet a real down to earth gal. Fall in love, get married, buy a little home, have 2.5 kids and always remember that no matter how much money you make, it ain't gonna make a hill of beans when you're on your deathbed.

What counts are the memories of a good life, good wife, and kids. Nothing wrong with a few good dogs along the way.

You will go to your grave with one thing, your integrity. Don't ever lose it.

And thus ends the preaching of FVR.

Oh, one last thing. You have to get in at least one good fight in your life. Not a to the death fight, but a bar brawl. One that afterwards, you buy each other a beer and laugh and wince at the same time because of the bruises.
    Last edited by FVR; 02-04-2009 at 09:24 PM.

You never win in a fight with a woman.
    She is always right, don't believe me ask her.
    Always apologize even when you were wronged.
    When all else fails, beg.
    Sex is good now, but will pass.
    If it is long term after a year, then plan marriage a second year later.
    Keep notes!

Swampmouse - at 13 years old, don't you thinki it may be a tad bit early for marriage?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Swampmouse - at 13 years old, don't you thinki it may be a tad bit early for marriage?
    Or sex!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Tacticalguy - do you want to know my best advice in relationships regardless of age?

Dont force it - dont even do anything about it. Let it flow by just being yourself. If its mean to be it will be and if not, then so be it. If there is a person you feel a strong bond with and you a good friends the worst thing you can do is try to make it go to the next step. The best way for it to do that is to just let it happen and if its meant to be then it will happen and you wouldnt have even noticed at times.
    I had this one friend which I was very close with, we hung out all the time and did stuff. Then someone asked if we where going out or not. I said 'yeah i guess so' - so we started going out and that extra pressure and social expectation which that placed on us was enough to make the friendship crack and fall apart. Obviously it didnt work out and thats only from my experience but i feel that if we didnt force eachother to confirm to the 'next step' then maybe we would still have eachother in our lives.

If you ask any old person who has had a happy marrage they will tell you their partner is their best friend. Thats what you guys need to be before anything.

Hope that makes sense

FVR wrote: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between 18 and 30; climb all the mountains, hike all the trails, swim all the oceans, ski all the slopes, hit all the dancing clubs in Southern California. Take a walk through the jungles of South America, (keep an eye out), go to Asia and rent an apartment and date a local girl, travel to Phila. and eat a real Philly sub then take lunch in Little Italy in NY and get a real NY style pizza.

Track a deer in the snow, sit in a duckboat on the Chessy with the snow and sleet blowing in your face, throw metal for stripers while standing up to your waist in the surf. Stand alone in the wilderness and realize just how minute you really are.

Travel back to Southern Cal. and hit a few more dancing clubs, and when you are all done, move to a little town and meet a real down to earth gal. Fall in love, get married, buy a little home, have 2.5 kids and always remember that no matter how much money you make, it ain't gonna make a hill of beans when you're on your deathbed.

What counts are the memories of a good life, good wife, and kids. Nothing wrong with a few good dogs along the way.

Oh, one last thing. You have to get in at least one good fight in your life. Not a to the death fight, but a bar brawl. One that afterwards, you buy each other a beer and laugh and wince at the same time because of the bruises.
    I have to agree with FVR. I know, because I remember, at 13 every girl I got involved with was "THE ONE", but alas, it did not last.

From 14 - 19 I dated the same girl (all through high school) and figured we were going to get married. We were so much alike. After high school she got 2 scholarships to play basketball & softball in college. Shortly after she got into college it was over! She was busy with her new friends and school. I was devastated! I Couldn't eat or sleep, I was deeply depressed. Kept thinking that she would come around and we would be back together. . . .

One day turned into one week, then into one month. . .eventually it sank in that we were not geting back together. It took me a loooooooooooooooong time to get over her.

Point is; you're young, have fun, enjoy life and don't take it too seriously. Enjoy your time with her and let nature takes it course. Don't rush the relationship and DON'T PUSH IT!!! Be a gentleman, respect her and most of all. . .show her that you truly care about her.

If it's meant to be, it will be!
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

I've trusted two women, I don't claim to be an angle, but RUN!!!!
    Oh yeah, good luck.
    The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. What befalls the Earth, befalls the sons of the Earth.
    Chief Seattle

Bear Clan

My dad had 4 rules:
    - A woman should challenge you and keep you interested.
    - A woman should be pleasant to look at.
    - A woman should be fine to kiss.
    - Find a way that these 3 women never meet each other.

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best advice on this subject. Especially for a 13 year old.

When I got married I was still dreaming of climbing the highest mountain, walking to the farthest reaches of the globe, and hunting the biggest animal I could find.

Any serious relationship entails a certain amount of obligation to your partner. It is essentially a willing agreement to relinquish a certain amount of freedom that a single person enjoys.

I am not saying that marriage is bad, but make sure you have lived some adventure before you settle down.

Well put FVR