Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Type of Switchblade

In a self defense situation such as muggings you are better off to just be more aware of your surroundings
    I can honestly say that if somebody was kicking the carp out of me, I would be aware of it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I can honestly say that if somebody was kicking the carp out of me, I would be aware of it.
    Nothing gets by ya does it
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    I always had a problem holding those big heavy ashtrays myself. I guess uncordination is
    heredity, but I never spilled any beer gotta watch that.
    You're right Pop, you young fellas take heed, always empty your beer bottle before smacking someone on the head with it!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

100% legal here in Kentucky as long as you have your Concealed Deadly Weapons License (CDWL).

That said, I do not recommend carrying only a knife (ANY knife) for self defense.
    Last edited by Leighman; 01-28-2009 at 10:56 AM.

retired American

As was said before, switchblades are illegal in most of the US. Besides, these days tactical lock-back knives are almost as fast. However, my personal opinion is carrying a knife for self defense in the city has many disadvantages. If the bad guy has a gun, you are in trouble. if you stab someone even in self-defense you will most likely be in a lot of trouble. I grew up in a rough neighborhood in New york but was never mugged and though I had my share of streetfights I never had to use a knife. I also worked in prison for 25 years where most of the inmates had knives and I had at most a baton and often not even that. The best advice is to stay out of bad situations as much as possible. learn to defend yourself and be aware of your surroundings. there is usually a weapon around if you need one.

Just start yelling, "I'm a friends of Mike's....I know you guys...we met last month at a party".... "My sister is dating your cousin". Then ask to join the gang!
    Then you can become a predator instead of a victim!
    yeah thats the ticket....
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Krav Magaa...

Go take some classes. Get any good at it at all and the "mugger" will never try it again. Especially because after you kneed him in the crotch and then dislocated his shoulder and elbow, you gave him a knuckle punch to the windpipe while he was lying on the ground simpering...

And if his buddies were watching, they will be "running scared".
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

Best type of switchblade....? There isnt one!
    Walk softly upon the earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Badawg View Post
    Krav Magaa...

And if his buddies were watching, they will be "running scared".
    Nothing against the martial arts but that last phrase was ambitious at best.

Where I come from, bad guys carry firearms.

As mentioned, avoidance is your number one "weapon" and thankfully where I live, CCW is number two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Best type of switchblade....? There isnt one!
    I do believe that's all that really needed to be said on the matter. Well done, Jay!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Thumbs up

Don't ruin your future with an illegal weapon. Go by wally world. They have for sale a "Triple Pack" of "Binaca breath spray."

It's primary ingredients are Alcohol and Isabutane.

Spray In Eye's, stand back and enjoy. Repeat if necessary

When you can legally carry, then do so.
    gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at. 3. The first key step of a corrupt political agenda where good citizens are disarmed so that a dictatorship may replace a democracy in the future.

Correction, Switchblades Are Legal in many states, Florida is one of them, as long as the knife is fully visible, and even then, if the blade (starting where the seration or actual edge starts) is under 3 1/2 - 4 inches, folds back into the handle, and is undeniably a pocket knife, can be concealed by anyone over the age of 18, and theres a loophole for minors in some states. Some states allow switchblades to be carried but only when visible, others don't allow them at all. Most of what I just stated is word for word from the constitution of Florida, North Carolina, and Tennessee(varying slightly from state to state)

In texas there legal to purchase and own but get caught carring one and your screwed.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Hey Marine - how about cutting your way over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself. Thanks. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...splay.php?f=14
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Here is a link that lists the laws in each state. Why are we on a 6 month old thread anyway?

http://www.amatecon.com/switchblade.html
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You know how Marines get.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Pffffft. Jarheads.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Last time I checked, you could not carry one in FL without a CWP.

I don't care for them much. I can open my Emerson faster then any switchblade.
    The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. What befalls the Earth, befalls the sons of the Earth.
    Chief Seattle

Bear Clan

And my .9mm is even quicker than that....just sayin'.

Banned

I for one have never seen a switchblade that was worth the price as a weapon. I agree with other Krav Maga, improvised weapons, pepper spray, a money toss and run are all better than a switchblabe knife.
    I lived in a yearly bad neighborhood before I went into the Corps. This is something I did that I only offer as an anecdote. I filled a large fast food plastic drink cup with gas and put the lid on it with a straw in it. It looked like I was walking with a drink. I held it in my left had with a Zippo lighter concealed in my right. Muggings were done by gangs of over 10 young thugs back then.There was always a leader that would do the talking. I hit the big thug in the chest with the big cup and gas splashed all over him and them in anger he started to charge. I backed away a few steps and then he stopped because he got a whiff of what was soaking his clothes then he would scream and run when he saw me standing there with a lit Zippo. I'm sure I'd have gone to prison if caught in the aftermath had I ever had to ignite the gas. BUT as it worked everytime to keep me from an a$$ whuppin' I am not sorry I thought it up or did it.