Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is your spirit animal?

Mine is the Bear
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

the bike club call me little bear and i like snake,

It said that I was a Wolverine also.

I'm a hawk with 28 as my score.

Blog Entries

Here's one to aspire to.
    Last edited by klkak; 02-27-2009 at 12:49 PM.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    Of course not...my intent was not to say those are "bad".
    But i have yet to hear a "white man" saying that his animal spirit is the pigeon, the pig, or a feaking sardine.

99% of the time, it is the wolf, the bear, the eagle or a big cat.
    Just as here we are called "the wolf pack", and not the "slug gang", or "the sardine patch", or "the pig round up"...

All white men seem to come from royalty and their totems are predators of some sort. Yet if you ask them to make a list of the animals they see the most it would come up as house sparrow.

I met a man who claimed his totem was a wolf. I told him that when I was out bringing in my maple buckets one morning I found a wolf kill site where the wolves had killed 20 or so deer and just left them lie. He told me that wolves don't kill what they don't eat. I tried to explain that wolves are predators and when the predatory response is triggered they kill until they are done. I love wolves, but they are the mob mentality of the animal world. He refused to believe me, saying that wolves are not evil. I tried to tell him that was only evil in our eyes and that wolves kill because they are predators. They weren't there taking notes when we decided they kill only the weak. Obviously his totem is not the wolf.

Most non-religious people who claim a totem or spirit animal knows very little about that animal. Which makes a person wonder how they were called to it.

shuck

This was my results
    Spiders
    Wolverines
    Hawks
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Lets say if I had a choice and could choose any of the animals from the list on that quiz site.

My choice would be the swan and the otter.

Swan
    Powers: Foretelling future through dreams, dream-walking

Swans are idealistic, open-minded, and passionate. Your good nature often leads people to think they can take advantage of you, but they should be careful—beneath that serenity lies a fighting spirit. Your love is fierce and unconditional, fueled by the certainty that it should last forever.

Otter
    Powers: Healing

Otters are nurturing, playful, and easygoing. You often put others' needs before your own, offering what seems to be a bottomless well of compassion and care. Though your decisions are guided by your feelings, at heart you're pragmatic and self-possessed, making you the ideal head of a family or small business.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

I have had a facination with scorpions all my life. I have 2 tatoos of them, with meaning behind them of course, so if I could pick it would be that. But from what I gather from people who know and that have had the experiences, is the animal chooses you. So if a snail or slug would choose me than I would accept that.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

The American Buffalo/bison has chosen me to be my spiritiual animal. It is an animal I have been drawn to as far back as I can remember. For some reason I feel a kinship to the Buffalo.

Example: In 2000 I attended the Motorcycle Rallye in Sturgis. While There I visited the Lakota holy site and left a tribute. There is a herd of Buffalo at the site. The tributes are used to provide care for the buffalo herd

On the way home just past Colorado Springs I had this termendous urge to pull into a secnic overview, something which I never, never do.

I pulled into the site. (IIRC the overview is part of the Indian reservation) and stopped the motorcycle and leaned forward to stretch.

I noticed something on the front tire of my Harley. My first thought was that I had a gob of Gum on the tire.

Upon closed inspection the center rib on the tire had weaken and had raised about 1/2 inch above the surrounding ribs.

If the tire had been rotated 2 inches either way. I would have missed, It would have under the fender or to far forward to see. It could not be seen sitting on the seat.

We had been running 80 MPH plus on the way home and there had been no noticeable difference in the way the bike handled.

I rode the 20 Miles Plus back to Colorado Spring Colorado, at 20 MPH. I arrived just about 30 minutes before the shop closed. The center rib had now raised to 3/4 of an inch above the surrounding ribs. I purchase a new tire , had it mounted and was on my way.

The Harley Shop couldn't beleive that the tire hadn't blown. It would have been messy with a blown front tire at 80 MPH.

I did give proper thanks.
    Last edited by Beans; 01-22-2009 at 05:30 PM.
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Hawk. Sounds about right!
    Remember Remember the fifth of November
    The gunpowder treason and plot
    I know of no reason why gunpowder treason
    should ever be forgot......

Guy Fawkes 1605

You are a Cougar! (your score: 24)
    Characters: Adrek, Endrus, and Daria in the Aspect of Crow trilogy

Powers: Stealth, strength, phenomenal jumping ability, as well as enhanced sight and hearing

Grrr, baby—you're the personification of animal magnetism. Your confidence, beauty, and athleticism make you the target of many romantically inclined individuals. Too bad for them—you don't stick around long enough to make breakfast, much less a lifetime commitment. Hello Kitty, Goodbye Heart.

Best matches: Spiders, Wolverines, Hawks

Watch out for: Swans, Horses, Otters

Here are your scores for the other animal spirits:

Spider (your score: 22)
    Characters: Arcas and Nelma in the Aspect of Crow trilogy

Powers: Artistic genius, ability to see patterns and sense trouble from a distance

As a Spider, you're artistic, intuitive, and independent—maybe even a little eccentric. You can become so absorbed in your endeavors that you lose track of the outside world and the people in it. But what you give in return is magic, pure and simple.

Best matches: Cougars, Hawks, Owls

Watch out for: Wolves, Otters, Bears

Wolverine (your score: 19)
    Characters: Lycas, Nilo, Sirin, and Drenis in the Aspect of Crow trilogy; Marcus in "The Wild's Call"

Powers: Fighting ability—strength, speed, and toughness

Nobody messes with Wolverines. You're fearless, assertive (okay, aggressive), and tenacious. You might be a Marine, or a middle linebacker. You're the best at whatever you choose to do, because you give yourself no alternative.

Best matches: Bears, Cougars, Wolves

Watch out for: Crows, Owls, Swans

I guess these fit me pretty good
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...rn_.html?cat=3

The more you know the less you need.

Colorado Springs, CO wildography's Avatar
    Colorado Springs, CO; I've lived in 9 states, traveled through 32 others

Not sure if I buy the quiz results...

Identifying your "spirit animal" is, by nature, a "spiritual thang".

For example, I believe my "spirit animal" is the Black Bear...

reasons? the Black Bear is considered by some Native American tribes to be a symbol of strength and protection. I'm inherently, and spiritually, good at security issues... it comes naturally to me. Also, when I lived in Yosemite National Park for 4.5 years, I did a lot of wildlife photography (hence, my user name WILDlifephotOGRAPHY). I, especially, did a lot of Black Bear photography because I found that I could get so close to them. I've been within touching distance 8 or 10 times (and I'm talking about free-roaming Black bears); and I've been within 20 yards of them dozens of times.

I also walked along side of a Black bear for about 100 yards (he was on one side of the sidewalk, I was on the other side (about 3 1/2 feet away); when he tried to cross over to my side of the sidewalk, I'd tell him to get back on his side... and he did;

There was another bear that I would take photos of so much, that she began to recognize me. One year, she had twin cubs. When her cubs were a few months old, I found the family in an apple orchard. Mom was off feeding in the grass, the cubs were playing under some trees. The cubs saw me and started yelling for momma... Mom came running up and saw me... and I waved to her... and Momma went back to feeding... I was closer to her cubs than SHE was! The cubs eventually just hid behind the tree and peeked out at me every once in a while... they even went back to playing!

I also learned a lot about Black bears from hanging out with "Momma", as I called her. I even got to where I could smell them, and track them fairly well. Another time, Momma's body language "asked" me to leave her and the cubs alone so the cubs would go back to eating apples instead of watching me...

Anyways... I have lots of Black Bear stories... and in case anybody is curious... Grizzlies are an ENTIRELY different animal... don't treat them the same way as you would a Black Bear... there was one time that I "threatened" a big male Black Bear (the biggest bear in Yosemite Valley, who was famous for "bluff charging) by acting like a huge Grizzly... the Black Bear took off running... I would NEVER try that with a Grizzly!!!

ps... I just added some photos to my profile photo album... including a photo that I call "Face to Face"... a Black Bear that was less than 20 yards from me...
    Last edited by wildography; 02-25-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added info...

Wolf, Owl, Hawk, then Fox

I like spider. Sitting still with my trap out then..........:}
    "Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”

— Thoreau

wolf, turtle, butterfly, blue jay.....i scored a 24
    Last edited by joeblkwolf; 02-26-2009 at 06:10 AM.

I am a swan.

Powers: Foretelling future through dreams, dream-walking

Swans are idealistic, open-minded, and passionate. Your good nature often leads people to think they can take advantage of you, but they should be careful—beneath that serenity lies a fighting spirit. Your love is fierce and unconditional, fueled by the certainty that it should last forever.

I am surprised, figured I would have gotten wolf, bear, or wolverine like the rest of you's.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Shuck View Post
    All white men seem to come from royalty and their totems are predators of some sort. Yet if you ask them to make a list of the animals they see the most it would come up as house sparrow.

Most non-religious people who claim a totem or spirit animal knows very little about that animal. Which makes a person wonder how they were called to it.

shuck
    First, thanks for the racist generalization there, vato.

and, what does it matter what animal you see the most often, or even what you know about it? If spiritually someone is drawn to a wolf or a bear, or any other animal, so be it.

Who are you to judge someone else's spirituality?

Maybe they are drawn to that animal because they need the influence of that animals medicine in their life, say, a little more aggression or predatory instinct for the average white man?
    Last edited by Alpine_Sapper; 02-26-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

My results from the quiz (top 3)
    Wolf 26
    Swan 24
    Horse 21

The red bird has always been a good omen for me.

The Fainting Goat, Humpback Chub
    and the Turkey Vulture are my spirit animals
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen