Thread: Wildfire Season

Default Wildfire Season

Many parts of the country have been very dry. There is a lot of fuel on the ground just waiting for a spark. Right now there are over 100 wildfires burning throughout Florida. So far they are nothing like the Okefenokee Swamp fire last year that burned for many months, but it is still early. Some mornings, depending on the wind, we will get a smoke cover, coupled with the smell and ash fallout. The last few days have kept the smoke away from our area. These pictures were taken on Wednesday from a grocery store parking lot more that 50 miles away from a 30,000 acre fire.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Yep, we often have a problem with wild land fires up here. It can get pretty bad.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Severe fire threat here in New Jersey also. I went to the range on base today and was shocked how large the underbrush fire had been. I think they said we are about 50 % low on rain year to date
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

I guess that's the upside to living in farm country. Hard to have a wild fire on plowed ground. Stay safe!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Out here in San Diego County we have had our share of wild fires in recent years. Most of the forest in the backcountry that I used to mountainbike ride and hike in are wiped out.. One fire was started by a lost hunter and a road flare.

It's been pretty quiet here. Only wildland fire so far was one we accidently started shooting tracers.