Thread: Check out my debris shelter

Default Check out my debris shelter

Built this before a windstorm, the next day it was gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Prepared enough.

Looks a bit shallow in the pic. Could you lay down in it? Also, if you need it to keep warm you may want to pile more leaves (maybe 2 ft or so) on it and make the opening a bit smaller. Thanks for the pic.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

yeah, i could lay down in it but it was my first shelter and i made it in about 30 min so i didn't really work on it because it was getting dark. it was just for practice though.
    Prepared enough.

Good deal. Practicing is great. For me, I like to figure out what I did right and what I did wrong, then make adjustments from there.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If you clear the area in front for a fire, and sleep with your back against the tree, pack insulation under your ***... it'll work. But yea, you should add a bit more debris on top and give it a little depth. Good first job
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Good job,Practice makes perfect.

tactical guy...did that in 30 minutes for practice? Good job, screw the critics, you'll know what you want to do different next time.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

cold blooded

good job dude!!!!!
    lazy days!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalguy View Post
    i made it in about 30 min so i didn't really work on it because it was getting dark. it was just for practice though.
    Yeah, in a real survival situation you always want to think about and work on a shelter at least a couple of hours before it gets dark. Otherwise you may suffer greatly from the lack of quality during that first cold night (which is when most people who don't survive succumb to the elements - that very first cold night).

Of course what you made there provides at least some shelter, which is better than none. More importantly you learned from the experience.

Peace,
    Stuart