Thread: Northeast/New England Survival Schools

Default Northeast/New England Survival Schools

Has anyone had experience with any survival training programs in the Northeast (Preferably VT or NH)?

Not looking for a list of the available schools, but looking for specific experiences/recommendations.

Thanks.

You may want to shoot Gray Wolf a PM. He's done some work up in Vermont.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've attended the Maine Primitive Skills Survival School in Maine. They have schools in Maine and Connecticut. I've never done their survival trips, but I know they have a great following. They do survival trips all the time and many of the instructors trained with Tom Brown Jr. I'd recommend them.

The other person that I know that is really good is...

Jack Mountain Bushcraft
    - NH - Tim is incredible. He is an amazing teacher and really knows his stuff. He focuses on bushcraft and does frequent trips up to Canada.

What exactly are you looking for when you say survival training? It will help to know more about what you want to learn.
    Last edited by primitiveroots; 01-08-2009 at 11:48 PM.
    ~Candi
    "It would not occur to me, for example, to exhort you to refrain from cutting off your leg. That wouldn’t occur to me or to you, because your leg is part of you. Well, so are the trees in the Amazon Basin; they are our external lungs. We are just beginning to wake up to that. We are gradually discovering that we are our world." ~Joanna Macy

proud member of the Maine Primitive Skills Survival School
    creator of Primitive Roots

robert fontaine is up there also seems to me to be very knowlegeable PM me if you want contact info on him
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Is Maine out? XXXXXXXX has a wide variety of courses and specialty skills year round.

Seriously...Did you just post your own link on there? How spammy is that? That is ban type offense. I've got my eye on you. On an 8 year old thread no less.

Yikes. I guess I did. No disrespect intended. That perimeter wire can come up quick if one gets too eager. I'll adjust course and take advantage of the situation in another tangent. ("Eyes on" means you'll read my posts, an opportunity I will not waste). Semper fi.

No clue, I cannot comment on the course and or school available there..
    However I know some of our head instructors have actually trained over in the US, and canada also.. its a pretty huge place over there..
    I just heard a lot of good things of the path finders school, and codi Lundin (also apaprently does some training, and matt graham also)
    but I really dont know how one gets a hold of them or their schools, Just know one or 2 ppl that actually kicked around with them, also know my the other head instructor kicked around with the British S.A.S for well over 6 months in Scotland, and even ran into bear grylls on a course or two. (not a clue how one gets involved that side..)
    But If I where in the US I try do a bit with path finders school, etc...
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

You can put it in your signature if you wish. That's legal.