Thread: I'm going to the Yukon

Default I'm going to the Yukon

I have been fascinated with the Yukon Region for years, and have recently decided to go on a camping trip there with maybe a small team or by myself. I have always liked solitude, and the Yukon seems like a great place to find it.Since I am only about to turn 16, this will obviously be in many years, but hopefully before my physical prime passes. I hope to embark on this sometime after my days in the Marines. I dont know what i would take but it would be relativly basic, such as a Knife, a couple of days worth of MRE's incase things go bad, and a hunting rifle. I think i'll start saving now, maybe a few hundred dollars a year into a bank account, and when i'm ready to leave, i can empty it and buy my supplies such as cold weather clothing and sat-radios. What do you guys think? I'm in pretty good shape, I'm a SSGT in AFJROTC, and Just yesterday took 1st place in my flight for number of pushups in a minute. ( 61 in 60 seconds)

Sweet, man! I haven't done 61 pushups, cumulatively, in the last 10 years! Good luck on your expedition, buddy. I have heard that it's beautiful there all year around.

How long are you planning on staying up there and what time of year are you planning on going? If its your first time it would be a good idea to go with someone.

Blog Entries

Wow, that was my dream when I was your age. Backpack across Canada. I then I joined the USMC and travelled the world.

61 pushups, not too shabby. Better start on those sit ups, pull ups and your run.

You did make me feel good as I can still pump out 40 in a minute. Not like back in the day when I had to do 100 correct Marine Corps Airborne pushups in 2 minutes, followed by 20 pullups, no time limit, then 60 sit ups in a minute, and to top it off a 4 mile run in boots. First two miles you had to come in at 13 min or less, the last two they gave you a full 16 minutes.

Semper Fi.

I plan on a week or two and i want to go in the winter, I prefer cold over hear anyway, and the snow is what i love.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I plan on a week or two and i want to go in the winter, I prefer cold over hear anyway, and the snow is what i love.
    Then hopefully you’ll get the chance to see the northern lights, the winter months are so dark the northern lights get so bright over there.