Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The LOST Survival Gear of John Locke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdraino View Post
    Thanks! But, you got any idea what this knife might be?
    Which knife again?
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    Which knife again?
    This one:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Looks like a good-sized bowie knife with a wood handle held on with pins, a lanyard hole, a simple brass guard, and an odd little indentation on the spine of the blade, just forward of the guard. I haven't really been able to find anything close.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

why -in the Lord's good name- are people watching such garbage as 'Lost"?

i had to watch part of one show some years ago and could not take it.
    this garbage ranks right up there with fox news and day-time tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post
    why -in the Lord's good name- are people watching such garbage as 'Lost"?

i had to watch part of one show some years ago and could not take it.
    this garbage ranks right up there with fox news and day-time tv.
    I don't know.
    Why would anyone read, and post, on a forum where they disagree with most of the members there?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Looks very much like a Hen and Rooster I have.. Tho mine has a stag handle.... Hard to tell from the pick tho.. I'll post a pic of mine when I get home later tonite... There are literally thousands of cheap or obscure bowies it could be
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

I started watching "Lost" on and off, but with the switching times, months between new shows, and the season where they spent a lot of time in a Zoo?, come on what's up with that?
    (BTW, T.V. in basement shop, multi tasking)

Anyway, intresting, but, not my cup of coffee............
    Cool knives though........Must have a Gander Mountain, of Cabelas near by.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by NightShade View Post
    Looks very much like a Hen and Rooster I have.. Tho mine has a stag handle.... Hard to tell from the pick tho.. I'll post a pic of mine when I get home later tonite... There are literally thousands of cheap or obscure bowies it could be
    Looking forward to seeing a picture. Yeah, I know, but still it surprises me I've been able to figure out what all the others are, but not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    lol. I created that particular collage, Rick! That's Locke's knife from Season 1, not the same knife as the one in the pictures above. Nice try though!
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

I would say it is a custom...though probably not a one off...It is much larger than 12" which is the most allowed by law in most states. Not sure if that helps but I do have an eye for scale and it is a long one.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Default Well....

now that I'm home and can see the picture alot clearer, it is definetly not the same knife I have. I have seen Hen and Rooster s that are similar but not quite the same.... now I'm really curious myself... I'm gonna run this by a buddy of mine who is a knife dealer [and the most blade knowledgable person I've ever met] and see what he says...

here's a few pics of the knife that I promised anyway
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by NightShade View Post
    now that I'm home and can see the picture alot clearer, it is definetly not the same knife I have. I have seen Hen and Rooster s that are similar but not quite the same.... now I'm really curious myself... I'm gonna run this by a buddy of mine who is a knife dealer [and the most blade knowledgable person I've ever met] and see what he says...
    Excellent! I'm running a little contest where whoever figures out what the knife is, will win a crappy Jaguar knife from Locke's collection!

It always interests me when I find a particularly unique blade shape I've never seen before. The closest blade shape I've been able to find is the Cold Steel Oda, but it's definitely not the same knife as that, either.

I too fear it may be an actual custom job.

Got some new pictures of the "Mystery Knife" in the Season 6 Lost premiere episode "LA X." Check 'em out:

Anybody got any ideas?

Wow there's a lot of knives on that island... I am amazed how much effort you and your freinds put into it. Thanks!

what does everyone think of jacobs knife i really like the blade shape of it seems like something perfect for jungle life.

heres a link
    http://www.profilesinhistory.com/ite...ero-knife.html

does anyone know of a place that sells knives of similar blade shape and size?

Looks to me like a prop built for the show, I have been unable to find anything close to it in production. Blade seems a bit thin to me, especially near the handle. Thoughts?

well im sure if its a prop it will be pretty thin and the only thing ive found with a similar blade is made by valiant co. and is called the GOLOK MACAN it looks nice and seems a good price i just wish i could find out the thickness of the spine.

i also think it look kind of like a seax
    http://www.englandandenglishhistory....tent/Seax1.jpg
    Last edited by brunoorz; 02-16-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brunoorz View Post
    well im sure if its a prop it will be pretty thin and the only thing ive found with a similar blade is made by valiant co. and is called the GOLOK MACAN it looks nice and seems a good price i just wish i could find out the thickness of the spine.

i also think it look kind of like a seax
    http://www.englandandenglishhistory....tent/Seax1.jpg
    Good stuff! Googling "golok macan" brought up some images that look pretty close! I also encountered a type of knife called a "pedang" that also seems similar in design. Great call!

Sgtdraino those words coming from you are a real compliment. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by brunoorz View Post
    Sgtdraino those words coming from you are a real compliment. thank you.
    Bah. Who am I? I'm just a guy. Now, if you can figure out what that Mystery Knife is, THAT would be amazing.

Banned
    Last edited by Justin Case; 02-17-2010 at 11:05 PM.