Thread: Preparedness Book

Default Preparedness Book

Is anyone else putting together a disaster book for the emergency supplies? I'm working on filling a large binder with laminated sheets containing information that might come in handy. Maps to various locations, survivalist instructions, simple reminders (shut off the gas main...), info on medicinal plants and herbs, etc.

I haven't thought of doing anything like that. Sounds like a good idea, though. Thanks for suggesting it. What do you have in yours so far?

That is an awesome idea. I never thought about doing something like this. This would be good for reading over with the whole family once it is done.

I'm looking to invest in some guides to things like first aid, edible flora, and other how-to type books that might come in handy in a disaster scenario. Putting a little library seems like a similar idea to yours.

So far, it's the maps and reminders. I'm working on developing a list of medicinal plants specific to the conditions my family members deal with and excellent quality photos thereof.

I'm also considering vacuum sealing various seeds for the back of the book.

great idea this may help me one day

What happens when you forget the book?... i personally just practice my skills at home so i remember how to survive. also i will be doing that in the wilderness sometime soon so i really wont forget it.

There's a book called Apocalypse Chow that you can get from Amazon.com and it has tips and some recipes for when the power goes out and you havve limited supplies. A lot of homesteading books have great info also.

I have and i have some good web sites contact me at causeyrichard@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by taiarain View Post
    Is anyone else putting together a disaster book for the emergency supplies? I'm working on filling a large binder with laminated sheets containing information that might come in handy. Maps to various locations, survivalist instructions, simple reminders (shut off the gas main...), info on medicinal plants and herbs, etc.
    i think this is a great idea i do the same thing myself making my own localized book based on my experiences and also i find it usefull to look up things on the net and down load them for my book, i wishrd i would have thought of this yrs ago would have saved me hundreds of dollars in books and mag subscriptions.

Blog Entries

I think Volwest actually does this for a living.

Hmmm, who'd a thought.

Blog Entries

Question Orion, orion, orion.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    What happens when you forget the book?... i personally just practice my skills at home so i remember how to survive. also i will be doing that in the wilderness sometime soon so i really wont forget it.
    It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it, wouldn't you agree
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

in response to orion's what would happen if i forgot my book that practicing is better well....

1- i agree practice makes perfect
    2- would not forget it seeing as how it's in my bob
    3- maybe you are one of the gifted ppl but I'm an old bull riding cage fighting hit in the head by bulls and opponents my brains kind of rattled type of guy so i document every wild food ways i started fires my maps everything so when the shtf and there is enough stress going on my life is just a little bit easier.