Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sound off, where is everyone from?

You just gotta luv someone that sucks up to the admins. You're on the GOOD list DS.

Presently an rv park at a small private lake in NE Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You just gotta luv someone that sucks up to the admins. You're on the GOOD list DS.
    Sucking up? I thought he was giving me a hard time since I had not posted that I was in NE Florida.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's the true art of sucking up though. You compliment admins even when they haven't done anything. You gotta just luv that.

15 years as a midlevel manager type gives you some real world skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    15 years as a midlevel manager type gives you some real world skills

True Dat........
    Sucking up thru clenched teeth with a smile(?) and being able to read upside down......add large capacity for bad coffee, and ever worst BS........
    Bingo, you will go far, son
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

So so glad that is all in my past. I do NOT miss my former life at all. Praising God for a great wife who did a super job of managing me and our bills/income for the last 42 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    So so glad that is all in my past. I do NOT miss my former life at all. Praising God for a great wife who did a super job of managing me and our bills/income for the last 42 years.

Yessir Johnson, count yourself lucky and keep her happy. After three strikes, I'm out!!

Quote Originally Posted by thinkfree3 View Post
    I figured it would be interesting to find out where everyone is from to get a better understanding of the skills each of us may have. So if you could just comment with your location, and a discription of the area that would be cool. I live here in Melbourne FL (central FL on the east coast.) Here we have swamps, rivers,(fresh and brackish) wetlands, ocean, beach, and wods. We also have some dry areas with white sugar sand all over the place but I'm forgetting the name for some reason.
    Eastern PA, surrounded by a few [small] mountains and as typical to "Eastern woodlands" as you can get.

My "skills" [if you can call them that] surround hunting, fishing, camping, bushcrafting, shooting sports that include some IDPA and other work-related, tactical training.

Was a Boy Scout through Jr. High School and hiked the PA section of the Appalachian Trail the summer after HS graduation.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government."

~~Declaration of Independence

I live about 45 minutes outside Vancouver BC in the Fraser Valley. Only a short drive to the wilderness and thousands of acres of playgrounds!!

The hill country of SouthEast Ohio, living in the Wayne Nat'l forest ....... right where when the SHTF, all the city folks will probably be running to ......
    Ohio Rusty ><>

Located in E. Adk's drainage to L. Champlain. Less than a mile E. of Hudson River drainage. Elev. 1004 +/_ . Tut

I live in a valley in the Western part of Montana. Surrounded by mountains, and very close to Idaho. (15 miles if you are an eagle, 30 on paved roads, about 20 on dirt roads)

I do think this tread, not only the oldest, but the biggest collection of folks under 10 posts.....never to be heard from again....

Hummmmm
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Ocala, FL. My interests are very diverse. Fishing, surfing, hunting, whitewater, primitive camping, RVing, paddling whatever floats, mountainbiking, rendezvous, shooting, other than the RVing it's all about being outdoors. Being in FL some prepping for hurricanes is a given. We've gone a little farther out timewise though than the 72 hour window. I do dabble in the outdoor survival genre with minimal kit. Just another hobby. I will never get stuck in the jungle naked and afraid with a burlap bag and a firesteel.. lol.

Wearing underwear on your head. Holding burning things in the air. But we digress.

...if you only knew.

I am fearless but that did scare me a tad.

I've got pictures.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel