Thread: 1 article survival kit

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    Can i disagree ?
    No
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    Can i disagree ?

The average IQ among humans today is of 100.

If the average ever drops to below 100, I am leaving.

(there is a joke there. )
    It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    The only thing I miss about California is the Sierra's. Plumas National Forest and the surrounding wilderness is where I grew up. Feather Falls, Little Grass Valley, Bucks Lake, Brush Creek, Little North Fork of the Feather river, Bald Eagle, Seven Falls are some of the places I loved.
    I live right near there in Susanville. Its a little chilly this morning, but not like Alaska. I spent a year in Alaska back in the mid 80s.

The one thing i would grab is my boots, or is that two things
    I'm still in my PJs so there is nothing in my pockets.

no you can't disagree
    the brain covers the function of the body we are not using a microscope here what i am saying is many folks have died with packs full of gear that they can and can't use we are talking about average joe out in the bush mr hawking would not be in the bush am i going to fast here for ya. if you take the time to psyco analyaze everything you will be stuck in the same rut for years while the person that can engage his brain and survive with what ever he has to work with. any thing else professor
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

is that the best insult you have? in the wild my brain does not need to process run on sentneces or improper punctuation or grammer or spelling i leave that to all the useless boobs who have nothing better to do with their time what i process in the wild is the most effiecnt way to accomplish my mission or goals
    but i digress i do not wish to insult frank by hijacking his thread so get back onto topic of what one thing would you take to the bush right now dr fraud
    Last edited by wareagle69; 12-05-2008 at 06:04 PM.

as with every challenge that comes my way my reply is always the same come to my world, of course no one ever does but the door is always open

I'd like to be a fly on the wall for THAT visit......
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

No you don't, they shoot at flies on the wall up there

IMHO whiile knowledge is a good thing most of the most of the critters in the woods have fairly small brains but get by remarkably well also I didn't know there was going to be a written test in ordere to survive.
    In reference to the OP I walk around with an asortment of guns , knifes and sharpener ,fire starting devices and compasses ,things I find useful in my daily hikes on the trail. If I knew that the pucker factor was going to tighten up some I would grab going out the door the crank starter for my fully equiped Goverment Mule LOL. Although the wool blanky sounds thoughtful
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by tsitenha View Post
    No you don't, they shoot at flies on the wall up there
    the good shooters just wound them.

I agree with Remy, you guys. This is important when people make a huge deal out of that rule of threes...you can survive three days without water for instance...you can actually survive longer than that without water, but do you think you're capable of functioning normally? So, apply same to three weeks without food, yeah you're alive but you're staggering around out in the wild someplace bumping off trees and rocks. The body needs the brain, the brain needs the body.

And Remy...if my punctuation and grammar weren't ok thppptttt
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

in pockets:
    wallet
    cell phone
    keys on two carabiner
    lighter
    winchester multi-tool w/ attachment bits and small gerber box cutter in the win. case

wearing:
    hiking boot type shoes with 550 paracord laces
    jeans
    shirt
    single stack 1911 on right side and two extra clips on other side (az free carry state)

...and as im leaving to be sucked into this vortex... my jacket... cause its raining outside right now...

I don't find having several BOBs around and a kit on my person odd at all. I do earthquake research in an earthquake prone area. I'm not to concerned about the end-of-the-world... But the chance of a bad earthquake screwing stuff up around here for months is a true scenario. And if we expect the same treatment from FEMA that New Orleans got... We are screwed. With that in mind each car has a 3 day pack to get home with, and I carry a small kit with me as I use public transit and may very well need to walk home 25 miles, across a city in anarchy.

What I find odd is people that don't prepare... and then expect to be bailed out...
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

In my pockets: Cell Phone, House Key, Ipod, Wallet, Lighter
    1 Item To Grab: My Coat since it's like -7.

I'm wearing some socks, jeans and a band shirt. And my studded belt, other than that...nothing.
    I'm hungry..and no, I'm not interested in salted down beaver.

Blog Entries

Tonight, tenny's, jeans, nothing in my pockets, no shirt, and if I was all of a sudden pulled from this place, again, I grab my wool blanky.

As far as VW's post, he has a good point. One said that many have died with a full pack, but others have survived with nothing. Why?

You can try to digest the fight or flight theory, you can disect the brain and conclude that knowledge is power.

You can also break it down to heart.

If ya ain't got the heart, ya dead. Many a person has survived without the knowledge because they are just too da mn stuborn to roll over and die. Well, give certain situations. I mean, if your head gets lopped off, you're SOL, unless you're Rambo and have your sewing kit.

Oh, speaking of sewing. Have ya ever really tried sewing yourself, or someone else without sutures? It's a beotch.

tonight,jeans,with knife,coins,bic,chapstick,in front pocket,cell in case and keys attached to belt,hoodie,moccasin boots,with rabbit fur trim,still would have to grab the long coat,water repllent,(not proof) but can wrap up in it if I need to.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

OK - I’m not saying I’m paranoid, but since there is now the possibility of getting teleported from my chair and into the wilderness I now wear my winter clothing 24/7 with all of the survival stuff I can fit in my pockets and on my belt. Since the temps are kind of moderate tonight I’ll grab some coffee so I can have some in the morning. (wearing canteen and cup on belt)
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
    Turtle Clan / Coffee Addicts Anonymous

Right now:

CF combat clothing (thermakl undershirt), with gortex jacket on chair (grab that as I leave).
    Pockets: Wallet, day planner, various sheets of folded paper, Ball point gel pen, corkscrew/bottle opener, whet stone, Bic lighter, tylenol, 2 lip balms, one moisturizer tube, magnesium fire block, and flint, cigar nipper, keys, nail clippers, Leatherman supertool, combat gloves, sodoku book, cigarettes, signaling mirror, beret, fivestar notebook, 6 more pens, black sharpie, small coil notepad, harmonica, two id badges (one with clip), mine awareness foldout pam, ziplock bag, 3.25" computer disk, pocket comb, driver log booko, pocket Art of War, dakota caribiner watch/compass, 26 cents and a red lens for my minimag-light (absent).

I would grab my Chris Reeves Mountaineer. The hollow handle holds a firesteel, cotton balls dental floss and a few fishing hooks. With this I am capable of building shelter, fire, and food. What is carried in my head will help me to gather water and supply something in which to carry said water. By the way how long will I be gone? This may be a survival forum but many here seem to be lacking in practical application of what they may have learned.

reluctantpawn

Be careful of any knife that is not full tang.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)