Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Truly Troubled

Default I'm Truly Troubled

I happened to land on a site this afternoon that showed an animal being skinned. I'm not going to post the URL because it was utterly disgusting. The animal was still alive and I was truly horrified at the site of it. I mean truly horrified. Even after the animal had been skinned it was still alive.

This was a PETA site! They are using this film to gather donations. They give you all kinds of links to place this vile film on your web site or email it to others!!!

I sent them an email. I doubt I receive a response but in short I told them by using the vid they were no better than the folks doing the skinning.

PETA sucks. I'm completely disgusted at them. I've never seen anything so horrible and I can't get that animals face out of my mind. They made an enemy for life. PETA sucks.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Thanks for alerting us to this travesty, Rick. PETA has been out of control for years.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned

I hate to see stuff like that too,,, It weighs on me for a long time, I even turn away when they show those commercials on TV,, you know the ones,, sorry you seen that Rick, Thanks for not posting the link, cause I would probably still click on it like an idiot.

That was a very stupid decision on their part. How retarded.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

I place PETA right up there with any eco-terrorist group. They will exploit anything and stop at nothing to further their cause. Their tactics are reprehensible, their causes questionable. They truly do disgust me as well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've never really liked peta either. Most of the stuff I've seen, though, just seems dumb. Like an elephant rolling around in the hay. How about
    suprememastertv.com
    What is this group, I wonder? Found them on a library bag, of all things...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valtic View Post
    I've never really liked peta either. Most of the stuff I've seen, though, just seems dumb. Like an elephant rolling around in the hay. How about
    suprememastertv.com
    What is this group, I wonder? Found them on a library bag, of all things...
    How about rolling your way over to the Introductions section?

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=7813
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Remember their Sea Kittens ad? When they tried, yet again, to brainwash kids into thinking animals have feelings just like people?
    Google the term "sea kittens". I won't help their cause by linking to their site.
    I will link this:
    http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

I've never cared for them or their tactics. Remember the "got prostate cancer?" add they did with Giuliani? Crash is right, they are eco-terrorists.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Was it the raccoon skinning video? I've seen it before.
    It is not promotional material, and they are no more peaceful activists than the Abortion Bomb Squad.. you know.. the groups that blow up clinics and murder doctors, and nurses and take them away from their families and loved ones over a pound of unborn flesh?..
    PETA falls under that same category of extreme activism, even though they haven't actually murdered anyone, yet...
    Next thing you know, they'll be blowing up zoo's and sea-worlds all over the continent, and saying they are saving animals lives.

I am all for humane treatment of animals and for every animal I kill, I say a prayer and thank the good lord for blessing me with food, tools, clothing, etc. I treat every animal with the utmost respect and dignity.

Seems to me, as concerned as they are about saving animals, they'd all be down on the coast helping clean up and stop the oil leak in the gulf. THAT would be saving animals. Instead they take a sideline to real-world problems and can only focus on something done in another country (If we are talking about the same video).

PETA is a facade, and a charade. Buncha fakers who don't really understand the ideas they are promoting. PETA sucks.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I think PETA only proves not all the nuts are in the woods. Now as to skinning, some humans may deserve it.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Reminds me of the incident around here a while ago. A couple of PETA guys broke into a mink farm and let them all loose to save them. The majority of the "free" animals died within a day. Yep, they are all free now. I guess I could find a link.....oh well.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

so wait
    you saw a video of animals being skinned alive, and youre mad at PETA....?

wouldnt placing your anger towards the people doing the live skinning be a more logical reaction?

not trying to be a hippy here or anything, but it seems stupid to blame PETA for showing you something that is actually happening

Quote Originally Posted by crimescene450 View Post
    so wait
    you saw a video of animals being skinned alive, and youre mad at PETA....?

wouldnt placing your anger towards the people doing the live skinning be a more logical reaction?

not trying to be a hippy here or anything, but it seems stupid to blame PETA for showing you something that is actually happening
    UH OH....here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    UH OH....here we go.

lol
    nvm geez
    forget it

Bravo for PETA! People need to see the barbarity and cruelty inflicted on defenseless animals by the tens of thousands every day. GOOD FOR PETA!!!!

Sure, in a survival situation or a true hunger situation, yes, harvest the animal. But do it humanely by a clean kill first!
    Last edited by jbtusa; 06-04-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Hey jbt - how about heading to the Intro section and tell us a bit about yourself. Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbtusa View Post
    Bravo for PETA! People need to see the barbarity and cruelty inflicted on defenseless animals by the tens of thousands every day. GOOD FOR PETA!!!!
    I'd like to say something in response. However, the Forum software "cleans" profanity and name-calling is not allowed here.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I'd like to say something in response. However, the Forum software "cleans" profanity and name-calling is not allowed here.
    I think he was being sarcastic Ken. But maybe not.

Everybody has an opinion and that's cool. Not everybody is right though.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel