Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $10,000.00 Challenge (easy money)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default $10,000.00 Challenge (easy money)

I can't help but notice that all the firearms owned by most men are "Tack'Driver's" at 100 yards. So here is the deal, bring all your firearms, we push 10 tacks in half way, and for each tack you drive at a range of 100 yards, only into the board, I give you $1,000.- for each tack you miss you give me $1,000.-

Quote Originally Posted by hopeak View Post
    I can't help but notice that all the firearms owned by most men are "Tack'Driver's" at 100 yards. So here is the deal, bring all your firearms, we push 10 tacks in half way, and for each tack you drive at a range of 100 yards, only into the board, I give you $1,000.- for each tack you miss you give me $1,000.-
    Warning label:

Read carefully. Tricky person at work.

Blog Entries

I'd take you up on that Hope but my rifle don't drive tacks it shoots bullets. I have a hammer that can drive tacks.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

I could accurately "drive a tack" at 100 yards with several of my rifles, the problem is: I would drive them not into the board but right on through! sry I cannot accept your challenge

Quote Originally Posted by klkak View Post
    I'd take you up on that Hope but my rifle don't drive tacks it shoots bullets. I have a hammer that can drive tacks.
    A tack hammer no doubt. Are we talking thumb tacks or what ?
    When I get hammered I can.t hit the sky and shouldn't be driving in that condition .
    Hope I guess if anyone shows up for this challenge you will have to card them to see if they are old enough to drink, drive and also in possession of a hammer and if they are hammered they probably should be handling firearms.LOL
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Every hand gun and rifle I own is capable of driving tacks. I however, have no illusions (or dillusions) about my abilities to do so. The only way I'm driving tacks is if I use them as a hammer or club.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 11-26-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

is this game for everyone?
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redneckfarmboy View Post
    I could accurately "drive a tack" at 100 yards with several of my rifles, the problem is: I would drive them not into the board but right on through! sry I cannot accept your challenge

Right on through is OK........If you just nick the head you loose $1,000.00 if the leg/nail/pointed shaft of the tack is bent over you loose $1,000.00 you must drive the tack. You bring $10,000.- you need to drive 5 tacks to come out even. There are ten tacks total. A date will be agreed on. If the wind is gusting to 45 MPH tough, If it is raining tough. Snowing tough.

My whole point is: We (Yes, myself sometimes also) claim we can drive tacks "all day long" with such and such a firearm. Even if your firearm and you can hold 1/2" group at 100 Yards 100% of the time (Never one flier) your still only going to "Drive the Tack" about 33% of the time. Most men and there firearm are hard pressed to hold 1 1/4" for ten shots. In fact about 1 3/4" for ten shots, would be doing good if you had to do it every day (all weather), not just a one time event. There is a world of difference between shooting a sub-MOA three shot group and shooting a sub-MOA ten shot group, day after day, everyday. Here is my guess, most men if they can move a beer can 60% of the shots, at what looks like 100 Yards, but is more like 50-60 yards, call that a tack driver. Nothing personal here men....If you can drive tacks all day long, please call: U.S.A. Olympic shooting team.

And for the record: Any tacks I hit is just luck, not skill.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 11-27-2008 at 01:18 PM.

And for the record: Any tacks I hit is just luck, not skill.
    Yeah, just a few thoughts, first off ^^ me too, second off...if I had all them thousands of dollars layin' around to bet on a shooting match ummm....well nope common sense says I need more than a survival forum to get by in this world if I'm pi$$in' my money away like that.

Third (better hurry I'm runnin' out of fingers...oh hey another hand!) I can hit a moose or deer at a 100 yards with a kill shot, if it's 101 yards away, I don't even know it exists basically, which is fine cuz who wants to go that extra yard to pack it back y'know. I don't eat tacks (although they say he's tough enough to eat nails and...yeah yeah yeah) so I don't shoot at tacks. And if you guys are planning a shooting competition, I figure there's probably some real good shooters on this forum, and not just the bullshooters either, and tacks sounds way too much like trax, so pick a different target ok?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

How on earth did you ever count and type at the same time?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    How on earth did you ever count and type at the same time?
    I'd probably have to feel that that there question was some kind of insult if I actually had counted and typed at the same time. Isn't it Thanksgiving down there today? Don't you have to be nice on Thanksgiving, isn't that a rule or something? Be like everyone else and go abuse your dysfunctional in-laws that are over mooching your groceries. Go eat you turkey!...Um, I mean, go eat your turkey.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

I have two rifle's that are capable of that kind of accuracy. However, I am rarely capable of that kind of accuracy. Every once in a while though I am spectacular. (in my own mind)

Hope, there is a certain type of shooting match that I do like. Contestants must use a common legal hunting caliber. Using a six inch bullseye at 50 yards, each person fires one shot standing up off hand. Anyone who misses is out and everyone who hits moves on. The target is move to 100 yards and those that are left fire at the six inch bull eyes again standing off hand. You continue like this moving the target 50 yards until only one person is left. That person is the winner.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Hope, there is a certain type of shooting match that I do like. Contestants must use a common legal hunting caliber. Using a six inch bullseye at 50 yards, each person fires one shot standing up off hand. Anyone who misses is out and everyone who hits moves on. The target is move to 100 yards and those that are left fire at the six inch bull eyes again standing off hand. You continue like this moving the target 50 yards until only one person is left. That person is the winner.

Can they use scope sights, if so is there a power restriction.....?

Blog Entries

Can they use scope sights, if so is there a power restriction.....?
    Yes they can use a scope. There are no power restriction. But don't forget that all shooting is done standing off hand.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yes they can use a scope. There are no power restriction. But don't forget that all shooting is done standing off hand.

Would be interesting to see the compiled results of 300 shoots. I would like to know the two points where large chunks of shooters get eliminated.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

We generally don't shoot at anything as big as a tack. No challenge at all. We usually stick a knife in front, have to use a 22, no large slugs. Split the slug and use the tack heads to catch the lead. Weigh the lead and whoever comes close to even weight wins. Then the grownups make it a little harder. We don't like to brag so I won't. Nough said.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

O.K. I'll do it.

I've got a range all set up.

Bring ambush. Uh. scratch that I mean cash.

I thought you guys in WV were better than that. Shoot. In Southern Illinois we had to hit the tack at 200 yards, on the other side of the hill, blind folded. It got tougher once you reached 6 years old.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Would be interesting to see the compiled results of 300 shoots. I would like to know the two points where large chunks of shooters get eliminated.
    Most folks are eliminated between 100 and 150 yards. Maybe 2% make it to 300 yards. I've only ever seen one person make it to 350 yards. He was shooting an unmodified Remington 700 22-250 with a Night force 2-10x scope set on 5x.

The guns used must be hunting rifles in a caliber that is legal for big game hunting in the local area where the contest is held. It is a very effective way to separate those that can shoot from those that think they can. You get one shot. No alibi's, no excuses. You either hit it or you’re out.

well i guess that means i won't be brining to M 249 to the competition if we have to use scopes, i can cut the lawn with that puppy
    ol coot once again i just can't compete with that, you folks here have humbled me
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com