Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: your favorite survival rifle?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Runs With Beer View Post
    The 22 is king, Its cheap, Its everywhere, You can feed yourself, Keep away the bad guys, Ruger 10.22 Nuff said!

Hard to build a case against the Ruger 10/22. It's only downfall is an awful trigger, miles of creep, and very heavy. It can be replaced. but the replacement cost as much as the whole rifle. Still if it is your choice and it is a keeper, a good trigger could be money well spent.

does anyone have any personal experience with keltec firearms? i have read some o.k. reveiws on them but don't know anybody who owns one. i saw one of the su-16b models for $570 the other day at a local shop, very light and took the ar 15 mags. i would prefer one in 7.62x39 that used ak mags.

gosh love the idea of a .10/22...more than a .22 mag. and its been a long time before could think of something much better than a .22 mag. lol. but hey im partial as its my first gun, or first love should i say haha.
    -cory
    "Go ye to the wilds, to its waters and woods. For it is good to live thus" -Stanley S. Hawbaker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Wierd? Nah! Kinky? Well....(Theme from "Brokeback Mountain plays softly in the back ground.) Yeah, I hear you, it's hard to find a friend of that "caliber." (Music ends, we hear Marine "Boots" chanting: "This is my rifle! There are many like it, but this one is MINE!")
    Hay it gets lonely out there
    You know the theme from Brokeback Mountain
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Quote Originally Posted by Stony
    i have a rossi ss in .22 with a .410 change barrel. this one takes .45 LC also. that combo does the trick.
    Hey! Aren't you the guy that said firearms should be banned? The Feds should confiscate them? More regs against ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by Stony
    I agree with Bragg's first post:
    firearms need to be more controled.
    mendatory safety training, safe storage,
    background checks,
    licesing of both gun owner and gun,
    confiscation (without compensation),
    caping the number of firearms a person can own (3?),
    caping of how much ammo a person can store, own or buy,
    continent wide prohibiting handgun use for hunting purposes,
    lifelong ban of firearm ownership for anyone convicted of seriouse crimes.

North America needs a continent wide gun control program!

IF you need 'protection', get pepper spray, a stick and 911 on speed dial.
    It's looks like pepper spray, a stick and 911 on speed dial would be your perfect survival weapon.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Taylor MI all availbale time spent in Alpena.

Thompson Center Encore - .223 and 30.06 ammo is relativly easy to find and with it being a single shot it's easy to conserve ammo . the gun weights in at 6 1/2 pounds so you can carry it all day long.

Blog Entries

Cool Yo, Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hey! Aren't you the guy that said firearms should be banned? The Feds should confiscate them? More regs against ownership?

It's looks like pepper spray, a stick and 911 on speed dial would be your perfect survival weapon.
    He's from Canada, so he's not qualified to speak out on American gun laws, in my opinion.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...5554#post35554
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhopper View Post
    Thompson Center Encore - .223 and 30.06 ammo is relativly easy to find and with it being a single shot it's easy to conserve ammo . the gun weights in at 6 1/2 pounds so you can carry it all day long.

A single shot firearm does "NOT" conserve ammo. Good shooting conserves ammo.

being a good shot will conserve ammo also when you have to make one shot count you really cant spray and pray with a single shot rifle.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Real hunters don't spray and pray.....you can put only one cartridge in any firearm and have a single shot. I generally carry my magazine firearms with no magazine, and the CZ's come with single loader magazines.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 11-26-2008 at 12:22 PM.

I think this topic has really taken a turn the topic was "Your favorite survival rifle" instead this has become a bash session.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhopper View Post
    I think this topic has really taken a turn the topic was "Your favorite survival rifle" instead this has become a bash session.

Please explain: It is a forum, you took a position, either defend your position, or capitulate. You jump in with no introduction, Tell me why 30.06 will work better on blue jays and squirrels. Why it is more gooder to have a few cartridges, than a lot of cartridges.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 11-26-2008 at 12:58 PM.

trailhopper,I really don't see any bashing going on,hopeak is just explaining his point of view. How about heading over to the introduction thread and telling us a little about yourself?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Get'em Nell.
    The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. What befalls the Earth, befalls the sons of the Earth.
    Chief Seattle

Bear Clan

i took my position when i answered the topic of MY favorite rifle. in MY choosen calibers .223 and 30.06 i didnt not critize or mean to if i did. i have seen way to many people go out buy a cetme or ar-15 and consider there selves as a survivalist and not even know how to shoot their weapon let alone try to survive with it. i would never consider a 30.06 for squirrel or blue jay unless need be and i would not have a problem being able to hit or harvast any animal i set out for.

Blog Entries

Blah, blah, blah...............

This is like asking "duh, what's the best duh, survival knife." Your going to get answers from all over the place.

So ya make your statement, defend it, until ya gits tired and go to a new thread.

So that being said, anyone who does not think that a 22 is the best survival weapon, IS JUST PLAIN WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG.

So there. Nananana boobooo.

See people? Like Frank just said, he used clear, concise, rational logic to make his point, vis: I'm right, you're wrong. You can't go wrong with nananana booboo to seal the argument. Way to tell 'em FVR, I bet you're gonna be just like Dad when you grow up. I hope I will.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

Cool Yo, Trailhopper!

1st, I give you're arguement a big 'ole rasberry! 2nd, like Nell said, git over to the "intro" section and tell us about yourself. 3rd, Hopeak is simply stating & defending his opinion, which he has every right to do. I happen to agree with him since to me it's the only LOGICAL choice. Ammo cost, weight, and fire-power all are against you. Now give us a good intro!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. - Aristotle.

I know that has nothing to do with the thread but everyone was posting such cool stuff I wanted to post something cool, too.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

For myself, I want more than a single shot. Just in case a bunch of Nananana Boobooo's come over the hill at the same time.