Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHRIS...HELP...Have you no say in "Gay" Advertisers

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down CHRIS...HELP...Have you no say in "Gay" Advertisers

Yuck...When the subject of Bears is on the forum, Google post an ad for Gay Bear dating service.......

As a matter of fact, no. Google targets the adds based on key words they find. So, a conversation on Bears will bring up anything bear related in adds. You are the one always pointing out the irony in the adds that show up on posts. Well, yeah. That's 'cause they are targeted based on what we're talking about. Now, is that cool or what? Computers secretly talking while we are. Negotiating some rate of exchange for flashing little banners on the screen. All behind the scenes. All of us oblivious to the conversation. Just stop all the talk about ruling the world. You never know what they may be talking about during that conversation.

And, hey, leave those gay bears alone. They have a right to live their own life. If they start knocking on your door, well then, okay, you can start bashing them if you want. But, hey, if they do, you have a lot more serious problems on your hands than not liking 'em.
    Last edited by Rick; 11-23-2008 at 09:42 AM.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well how come there were no "good" ads when I posted about "Golden Whores". It is just not fair, I want Golden Whores to have equal time....

Good heavens, Hope. They have to draw the line somewhere, eh? The only ones interested, apparently, are you and ex-Gov. "Old #9" Spitzer. (yeah, I know that was cold. But that there is funny I don't care who you are.)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I heard that bear in Grizzly Adams was a fruit ... makes sense; all those men alone in the woods with beards.

So, was the bear an orange? A lemon, a pear or something else. There's a lot of fruits out there and inquiring minds want to know.

I make zee joke ... clearly I should have waited until somebody got to know me.

its more what everybody else is talking about. It was the most likely connection for a computer to make, given the stats. More people search for gay bears than real bears... Now that there...is ONE OF THE REASONS WHY. THink I'm gonna use that from now on, when I comment about the world, society, etc. It's short for, "one of the reasons why I began my quest to seperate myself from the modern world, and all the bull"

maybe google knows something about you that that you haven't yet realized!

Quote Originally Posted by red lake View Post
    maybe google knows something about you that that you haven't yet realized!
    That wasn't cool.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Well, did ya find your match? LOL

I'd like to read your personal ad....I'm sure there are at least a few lads looking for a

"Starry eyed dreamer who lives alone in a small remote cabin...loves moonlit walks, guns, communing with wild animals, firearms, discussing meta physics and astral projection, weapons, quite time together"....
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

I try to maintain certain beliefs of a religious nature that tel me that certain life styles should be taboo but the study of my belief also tells me it ain't my call . I wish the best for all and leave it at that.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

That was well stated HOP.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOP View Post
    I try to maintain certain beliefs of a religious nature that tel me that certain life styles should be taboo but the study of my belief also tells me it ain't my call . I wish the best for all and leave it at that.
    I just don't want it broadcast over my computer, there are 8, sweet innocent puppies who can see my computer screen, And you have so many damn boxes to check and uncheck already, I can turn Remy on or off, why can't you have a box to check, turn off "Gay Bears".

Hope I think you already know this but there are bad people every where . I understand what you are staying , I live with my daughter and grandkids and I spend some time on paltalk but not the R rated rooms not just because of the language but the explicit sex ads . I do what I can do about me(my grandkids aren't even aware that I know how to curse) . I occasionally go to another survival forum and just recently the gay thing came up and I was amazed how many were members of the site and never a bad word or innuendo from all but flagrant flamers. we can't change society just learn who and what to trust. Bottom line I guess we have to go with gut feelings on this.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Now that there is funny I don't care who you are!!!!!!! God Bless them little pygmies down there in New Guinea!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yep.....give credit where it is due. That was funny. Good dart Remy.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Default Oh NO !

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    Trust me sweetie...you cannot "turn me on".
    That is a frightening statement which leaves a lot of things to say, but not ME
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Yep.....looks like he's lost his touch.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I sort of expected a Cootism extraordinaire there, Coot. It's tough being at the apex of Cootism. Everyone expects everything you say to be a gem of wisdom. Not that most are aren't (he quickly added).