Thread: Recommend good stock Pot or place to buy

Default Recommend good stock Pot or place to buy

Need to buy a big stock pot (20 - 22 quart) for canning, etc. Prices on the internet are from $35 to $200.

1. What is a good manufacuterer or particular model of stock pot?
    2. Is stainless the only way to go? What about Granite-ware (black with dots)
    3. Good place to buy them. Particular store? Online site?

I bought one similar to this one http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=9604773 recently. I bought it at the store, not on-line. It is black enamel, not blue. If you scroll down a bit there are some stainless pots listed as well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
    Need to buy a big stock pot (20 - 22 quart) for canning, etc. Prices on the internet are from $35 to $200.

1. What is a good manufacuterer or particular model of stock pot?
    2. Is stainless the only way to go? What about Granite-ware (black with dots)
    3. Good place to buy them. Particular store? Online site?
    a real good one will cost you about 200. 00 or more unless you get lucky and find one at the 2nd hand shop or a tag sale.a good pot has a bottom about one quarter inch thick. we bought one, but for the money, it wasn't worth it, it doesn't get used that much.
    the one showed in the picture from wal-marts will work fine, just don't let it set too long between stirs or it will stick and if it sticks, just leave it there til you empty the pot, if you scrape the stuck stuff off the botton, the taste will go all thru the food.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Some times I see big pots at the Army/Navy surplus store.

Good point. Nimrod - I'm not sure if there are many garage or yard sales in your area, but if there are, that might be a good place to check to get one that will save you a few dollars.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel