Thread: some of the knifes i have made(big pics)

Default some of the knifes i have made(big pics)

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

what are thay made from? the first one looks like a file.

all of these were cut from a large cold steel cutting saw blade about 18inches in dia i cut the blanks with a plasma torch and ground and sanded them the handle on all but the white handled one are homemade micarta

I Had A Huge Sawmill Blade I Did That With. Files Do Work Really Well. I've Gotten Into Blacksmithing Latley And It Takes More Time But I Think You'd Enjoy The Outcome You Can Get.

avenged i am into forging to i have a ingroung brick lined forge and i just aded a 10x10 lean to on my shop for a blacksmith shop i just havent finished any good looking knifes that way yet i have a few in the prosses though

Muddy, Thats a great start you have going on there. I realey like the 2nd one. How do you make homemade Micarta?

All are nice work. A cutting tool is a cutting tool and if you can make it, more power to you.

Avenged - Why don't you and bigfoot lumber over to the Introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself? And welcome to the forum!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Move along folks. Nothing to see here. Keep moving. That's right, just keep moving.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

See what 2 weeks in Atlanta will do to ya?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Two weeks?? my watch must be a little off,cuz it seems like he has been gone much longer
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Atlanta? I said Atlantis. I still have water in my ears!

I've Seen One Built Into The Ground Like That. I'm Jelous. I'm Looking Into Buying Land And Building A Shop And Then A House. My Biggest Problem Is Space. I Do Lots Of Welding Projects At Home Too, So I'd Like To Have One Space For That And Another For Smithing. I Do More Smithing In The Cold Months. Seems To Work Out Better For Keeping Me Warm!!!
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."

-George Patton

No crash still has water in his ears.

Ha Ha! *mumbles as he walks away - sure glad RWB didn't get that picture*
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

thanks guys glad you like them runs the micarta is denim or canvas strips soaked in fiberglass resin then compressed until dry i got the recipe off british blades .com

Quote Originally Posted by Runs With Beer View Post
    Muddy, Thats a great start you have going on there. I realey like the 2nd one. How do you make homemade Micarta?
    RWB I saw a tutorial on bladeforums on making micarta out of denim material.
    The basically cut strips of material to the size block they wanted then saturated them with epoxy or fiber glass resin and placed plastic wrap on either side then thin blocks of wood put in a vise and tighten up real tight . After drying the wood and plastic will peel of and presto blue jean micarta. camo pattern would look good as well as some personal designs carefully placed strip by strip using white or light colored canvas.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

yeh hop that the way i do it i have tried some real tree camo but it comes out to dark to see

I would love to find a Sawmill Blade that big. I've even written to some Mills to try and get one that their done with, but they all have people that they already sell them to. I can't imagine what one would cost new! Didn't even bother to research it because I know what the 10" ones costs me...
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."