Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam (the meat not the email)

Default Spam (the meat not the email)

Looks like the rest of the world is discovering what many of us already know. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/15/bu...=1&oref=slogin Tastes pretty good and seems to last forever.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Have an affinity for it myself.

Banned
    Blog Entries

31 Bricks (3 cans in a brick) I like it almost as much as Hormel "Dog Food" for people (Corned Beef Hash) which comes 4 cans to the brick. A brick of food is like a brick of .22LR never meet a brick I did not like. Not good to cook the .22LR unless they are in the pipe, and cleared for departure.

Mmmmm mmmmm love canned corned beef and corned beef hash.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I like them both , Have eaten spam for 58 years .
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Mmmmmm. Spam. Almost as good a bacon. So versatile. So yummy.....I'll be back. I need to go make a sandwich.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Not the biggest fan of Spam, but as the old adage goes, "any port in a storm"

Made a real nice camp meal with spam and red beans& rice mix on a recent outing. The fixins fit in a pants pocket, fed 4 people real well.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Or any PORK in a storm........

Wow. I should have seen that coming...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.

Give me 2 slices of toast, 2 slices of fried spam, a fried egg and cheese and mustard. I'll make me a sandwich and I'm good to go.

I recently saw a show on the Discovery Channel (that's a T.V. thingy Hope) about the history of Spam. When it came out it was all the rage - and apparently still is in many areas. The name came from shoulder / pork / ham.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Although im not a big fan of spam, It is nice added to other meals to help add to their nutritional value. Otherwise i prefer corned beef on is own. Goes great in a sandwhich
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Oh, Ericka. You talk so sexy. Toast, egg and spam sandwich. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ive never tried SPAM. But I love Corned Beef Hash and mustard sandwich Mmmmmmm mmmmm

Now see? That's not even sexy. Besides, red eyed, long fanged, vampires are out of my league.

Oh, Ericka...... (holds up can of Spam and waves it seductively. Okay, okay, as seductively as I can. Better?).

With all this talk of Spam, Corned beef, I'm off to make a sandwich, fry some cold potatoes and a mug of tea; I can almost smell the campfire.

The Russians ate a lot of it, during World War II, lend lease. They would boil it with cabbage and potato's if they had it and well wash it down with what ever Vodka o they could get. Its one of those things that you have to have in the pantry.

Well, welcome aboard there BH. How about eatin' your way over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself? I hear tell they have Spam at the Introductions. Chris is cordial like that, you know.

Blog Entries

Question John Wanye & Spam!

In the survival film: "Island in the Sky" (B. & W, 1953) in one of the last scenes where John Wayne and the crew of his airplane are being rescued we see supplies being dropped to the survivors. The "Duke" opens up a crate & pulls out a huge loaf of spam, looks at it, & hurls it as far away as he can.(?)
    Why?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    In the survival film: "Island in the Sky" (B. & W, 1953) in one of the last scenes where John Wayne and the crew of his airplane are being rescued we see supplies being dropped to the survivors. The "Duke" opens up a crate & pulls out a huge loaf of spam, looks at it, & hurls it as far away as he can.(?)
    Why?
    Cause he was the Duke.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.