Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1860

Thread: what did you do this week to prepare

I'm studying plants that grow like weeds, but are edible. Right now I'm thinking about planting Mustard and Purslane.

You will find Purslane to be sooooo easy to grow. It takes little effort and little effort to harvest and store seeds. You can propagate it throughout the year just by pinching off a piece and placing that piece in the soil. It will start a new plant. It is one of the most prolific plants I have every come across without being invasive. It stays put where ever you place it. I cannot tout its growing benefits enough. It will not age well for eating so it is best to pick it early. It's not bad when it gets old it just does not look as good.

Rick. Dude. Across the Internet Bro Fist.

Prepared about 2 gal of organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinagre. Got some more apples for vinagre or dehydrate.

I've stepped up on stocking up on water since the tornadoes came to town this last April. i refilled 6-1 gallon water jugs and bought a 5 gallon jug of water for water dispensers.I've been stocking up on diff meats.packaged and canned alike.I've home canned several pints of chicken in broth.i bought a refillable salt n pepper grinders.the salt grinder shaker will be mostly for the himalayan pink salt i already have.
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.

Looking at a whole house generator for those hurricane disruptions. With the FIL on oxygen and requiring air conditioning, it’ll take a big one. It’ll also need to be self starting and automatically switched. I’ll probably go with NG then I won’t have a tank. Any experienced recommendations?

Last week I got electric and the well pump operational at the farm. I still need to take a water sample in for analysis.

From my calculations and reviews I’m leaning towards the generac 22Kw.

22 kw sounds about right, I install gas to generators.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I increase my food prep constantly. I just bought another3 pack of lifestraws. My packs were mostly "tactical". I decided to put together a more urban looking bag to get home. It works for a night or two in the woods as well. It's a Mystery Ranch.

Since my repair remained unfinished, the first thing I will go to IKEA is to buy the remaining equipment, and just things for the house. I will pay attention to HOW I SPAM YOU IN THE FUTURE.

Achtung! Placing zee spam in zee post is verboten. Tell your muder you are not allowed out of zee basement. You are now in timeout.
    Last edited by Rick; 05-12-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Removed link

Added 3 more strawberry plants, 2 blackberry vines, cut several dead trees on the property and cut it up for firewood. Downloaded a set of plans for a chicken tractor ( project for memorial day weekend) started setting up my reloading equipment, ordered 2 more dies and bought 1000 pistol primers for reloading.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Updating our BOB's (even though we're not walking our fat selves far loaded). Filled 2 propane tanks out of the camper. Continuing buying just a bit more at the grocery than we need when the truck comes in. Hedging a little each time on meds. Looking at vaccum sealers.

Got electric and water run to my camper at the farm. Now I have a full hookup. Still need to have a big lp tank brought out. Worked on my clandestine garden from some land I cleared in the swamp. It’s going to take awhile. It’s full of roots.

Just bought myself this mountain bike in case I have to get out of town in a hurry and the roads are clogged with vehicles at a standstill..
    A couple of scenarios spring to mind-
    1- Complete social breakdown, mobs running riot everywhere.
    2- Incoming asteroid spotted by astronomers en route for a splashdown in the sea, I live only 50 yards from the Atlantic (gulp)..

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Lord help me if I ever find myself running from an asteroid on a bicycle...

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Run Forrest, run!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I want a basket on my bike and a catcher's mit to catch that rascal. Those things are worth money!

The dinos never bothered to buy bikes, bad call..

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

You don't know that they didn't. They might have had a booming bike business. Booming (see what I did there?). I think alligators must have been excellent skateboarders.

Tomorrow we're gonna give workshops in the woods in the middle part of the Netherlands. Three days long. Making ropes from all kind of fibres and Advanced Bird Language, about listning to what the bird could/would tell us.
    It's always fun whit people who know nothing about it...