Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
Results 1,841 to 1,849 of 1849

Thread: what did you do this week to prepare

Blog Entries

I'm studying plants that grow like weeds, but are edible. Right now I'm thinking about planting Mustard and Purslane.

You will find Purslane to be sooooo easy to grow. It takes little effort and little effort to harvest and store seeds. You can propagate it throughout the year just by pinching off a piece and placing that piece in the soil. It will start a new plant. It is one of the most prolific plants I have every come across without being invasive. It stays put where ever you place it. I cannot tout its growing benefits enough. It will not age well for eating so it is best to pick it early. It's not bad when it gets old it just does not look as good.

Blog Entries

Rick. Dude. Across the Internet Bro Fist.

Prepared about 2 gal of organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinagre. Got some more apples for vinagre or dehydrate.

I've stepped up on stocking up on water since the tornadoes came to town this last April. i refilled 6-1 gallon water jugs and bought a 5 gallon jug of water for water dispensers.I've been stocking up on diff meats.packaged and canned alike.I've home canned several pints of chicken in broth.i bought a refillable salt n pepper grinders.the salt grinder shaker will be mostly for the himalayan pink salt i already have.
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.

Blog Entries

Looking at a whole house generator for those hurricane disruptions. With the FIL on oxygen and requiring air conditioning, itíll take a big one. Itíll also need to be self starting and automatically switched. Iíll probably go with NG then I wonít have a tank. Any experienced recommendations?

Last week I got electric and the well pump operational at the farm. I still need to take a water sample in for analysis.

Blog Entries

From my calculations and reviews Iím leaning towards the generac 22Kw.

22 kw sounds about right, I install gas to generators.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I increase my food prep constantly. I just bought another3 pack of lifestraws. My packs were mostly "tactical". I decided to put together a more urban looking bag to get home. It works for a night or two in the woods as well. It's a Mystery Ranch.