Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1860

Thread: what did you do this week to prepare

With a little bit of time on my hands and A Few Pennies More (I have to leave A Few Dollars More to Clint Eastwood), I have been revising my belt pouches and Every Day Carry to make it accessible, light weight and not in the way. For example, I have tried to make a small first aid pouch that I can carry easily. I am also checking I have basic tools with me that fit what I might run into. Surprisingly, there is a lot of useful gear available in general hardware and other stores that can be purchased inexpensively. Today, I found a set of Phillips and straight slot screwdriver bits (1/4 insch drive) that fit a magetic holder I also found. These will handle about 90% of the household and auto repair needs I have, but are not expensive. If the exact same items were labelled "survival" or "emergency preparedness" the cost would be much higher.
    Faiaoga

Hey Everyone!,

Yesterday I braved the aftermath of an ice storm to go attend a FA/CPR/AED with Babysitter INSTRUCTOR cross over training!!! Starts in a few hours!!! I'll be using my skills to teach Girls Scout Leaders and Girls Scouts these skills in my own AO!!!

Found a three by five by two inch, nineteen dollar belt pouch at Walmart for five dollars. I'll fill it with the usual stuff and throw it in my wife's car.

And I got a three by nine scope and mounted it on my .22. I was planning on just using the iron sights, but I found out that my eyesight isn't what it used to be.
    Klytus, I'm bored -- Emperor Ming

Nature is never boring -- various

I have been restocking the ALS med kit, All close to or expired gear is being replaced.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Sent a .223 Bolt Gun out to have barrel threaded.

Installed new flood lights (1000w each) at three corners of house.....have them on wireless remote fobs.

Received call from friend....will meet him in February to get 6 half sheets of bullet proof composite panels.....about 1/4 retail.

Tested true life span on COMMs two-way hand helds.....through 3 charging cycles. With 1/4 hourly chatter for 1 minute.....5.5 days. was hoping for a week...but that will work.

Found out the AR Drone (RC camera, 4 prop aircraft) Works well within 200+/-ft of controller....and resolution is about a 6 out of 10.....would be a OK recon device....until shot...

Got 6 more 6v deep cycle batts and another smart charger.

Looking for another 3k pure-sine inverter.....if anyone has one to get rid of.
    So this is how liberty dies.....With thunderous applause.

Bought a used rifle and 6 more boxes of rounds/cartridges.
    Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

got a dozen of these....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    got a dozen of these....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I am thinking of getting a set. but I have never used them so would need trained.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I am thinking of getting a set. but I have never used them so would need trained.
    We're getting trained by a surgical nurse.....on a couple hams...

Well I can't say I added anything to my larder this week - we're broke - only 1 income and it's not much - but I tried not to waste time by reading lots of survival material, I'm getting ready to print remedies, reference information etc and creating my own survival book and making a plan for stocking will be donating a small amount to stocking each week - planting lots more this year to can/store and we've been building pens for 2 new dairy goats we've bought that are bred and due to kid in a couple of weeks - so even when you can't BUY I think you can stay active in your preparations
    Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    Oh yeh, traded a box of rocks aka flint, chert, butter, etc for a pair of running shoes.

Gonna start running and get in shape to run in the Ranger run. Gonna do it this year.
    DCollyott
    Collyott Farms
    www.collyottfarms.com

what is this?
    DCollyott
    Collyott Farms
    www.collyottfarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by collyottfarms View Post
    what is this?
    What is what?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Who's on second?

If you are referencing the white gun looking thingie in Echo's picture it's a medical staple gun. You guys are more gung ho than me. Call me when you install those staples. I'd like to watch. Oh, no wincing.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Aww shootfire Rick, here in the sticks we use hog rings and hog rings pliers instead of a medical staple gun.

My grandkids are getting more and more into sports and I take a medical kit to every softball, basketball, volleyball, etc. game. I finally broke down and ordered a trauma bag. My medical kit is getting too small.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Randy, my hat is off to you, sir. I was also wondering why your voice was a bit higher lately. Asked and answered it appears.

gee I'm flattered you noticed LOL. Hog rings are used for staple up cuts, rubber bands are used for other thangs and I don't mean a rubber band hong LOL.

10 Steps to a really bad cut.

1. Scream like a girl
    2. Curse....freely
    3. Bleed
    4. Figure out your bleeding and find a shop rag to stop the bleeding so you can find your first aid kit to stop the bleeding.
    5. Bleed on the carpet on the way to the bathroom to wash the blood off
    6. Reach under the bathroom sink with one hand while trailing blood all over the counter top because you can't watch under the sink and on top at the same time.
    7. Dump entire contents of first aid kid in floor.
    8. Use both hand to pick up contents forgetting about bloody cut.
    9. Look up to see wife glaring at you
    10. Stick hand back in sink and beg for help.

old tee shirts are better than a shop rag