Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1860

Thread: what did you do this week to prepare

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by your_comforting_company View Post
    The only area that is almost clean is in the very back and I'm going to set up a beehive or two back there to help pollinate all the huckleberries and muskadines.
    You have muskidines???

One of my most pleasant and unforgetable memories centers around a cool April evening, a campfire, good company and a gallon jug of year old muskidine wine!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I put together a small essential survival kit so when I dont have my BOB, I am at least have some of the essentials!

Planted more squash, beans, and tomatoes. Added some new fencing on the upper field and fired up the generator for its monthly run.
    No Retreat, No Surrender

I just packed a simple survivor backpack in the corner of my room.
    I put in ordinary survivor stuff, dry food, SAS Survivor Handbook, etc.
    If I have to run in hurry I just grab it and go...
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...

Spartin - What kind of squash?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I finally finished reading this entire thread. this week I have bought a magnesium fire starter, tested it out, started a simple exercise routine, am playing around with different EDC loads and packs, and purchased my first mora knife from safe zone. I got the classic number 3 and im looking to buy another one. I can't wait for it to come in. plus my dad gave me his old left handed bow. But I got to strengthen my shoulder the for the pull. I injured it in an accident back in october. I am done with physical therapy now I need to get the strength back.

Don't rush the strengthening thing. Not sure of the nature of your injury, but muscles progress much faster then tendons. You might regain the muscle strength to progress at a pace that your tendons will not support. Slow and steady.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

No Crash nothing too crazy. Just some easy pushups against kitchen counter, some no weight squats, and some crunches. Rick, I got my mora its razor sharp! Thanks probly going to order another one soon.

My accident was blown up crank on my vintage scooter. Got over to the shoulder, and made the mistake going into the grass. Bike flew out from under me and i smacked the grass at 40ish m.p.h. Crunched my knee and shoulder. Thank god I wear all the gear all the time. Doing good after p.t. Just cant lift real heavy stuff yet.

Good luck with your recovery. Time is your friend in that regard.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hope your recovery is steady and complete.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks guys!

Picked up a surplus USMC MARPAT / Coyote tarp, need to fix a little nick in it but otherwise its in great shape and will be installed in the BOB / Camp pack. Still looking for a good poncho but that might wait till Fall.

Split some wood and upgraded my wood storage area. Had to do this between rain drops - we've had well over 20 inches of rain in the last two weeks. It's much needed - so no complaints here.

Old storage "shed" was built with scraps that were handy. It was a bit rickety (no relation to Rick I'm told).

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Picked up and split some wood following Tropical Storm Beryl.

Between the rains.

New storage is better built as well as larger........gotta get ready for those harsh winters we have here. Now to get some more storm blow downs to finish filling it.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Picked up a fishing pole (a basic Zebco rod and reel) for my son, his first, and a ball glove, also his first. I love garage sale season. Still on the hunt for a few more cast iron cooking implements, they seem hard to come by.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check Goodwill. I've actually picked up quite a few skillets there. You can check Craig's List for ovens and other cast iron. I picked up a Dutch Oven through Craig's List. Just shy away from the advert that says, "Cast Iron for sale. Looking for unsuspecting buyer with lots of cash in his pockets."

Bought a new 8000w electric start genset for $600 at an estate auction,still in the box,only time it had been started was just before the auction started,they pulled it out of the box,FILLED it and started it up. THe poor gentleman bought it a year ago on June 2nd,and passed away before he even took it out of the packaging.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

now up to 4 cast iron skillets thanks to goodwill and sally anne stores although still looking for the perfect dutch oven, each under 9$. Due to my career as a landscraper I end up hitting the green waste dump almost daily, right next door is a lumber yard, they have a wonderful free firewood bin next to a big table saw they do custom cutting on. I have been buttering up the yard boss with idle chatter and lollipops (which I get for free at my storage facility) and he has been holding up some good finds for me. Yesterday I got 27 - 18" 2x6 and today I got 68 - 1 foot 2x6 to add to my camp/prep pile. Will continue to check in a couple times a week with him to see how much I can get, free
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on the skillets. That Dutch Oven is going to be a little harder to come by. Folks don't give those up too easy. Yard sells might be your best bet or keep an eye on Craig's List.

Free wood is about the best price going. Nice score!

yup, still looking but I have the fallback of a few retail stores if I cave, around $50 for the 4 qt model I am interested in.