Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1860

Thread: what did you do this week to prepare

Quote Originally Posted by Old GI View Post
    With his Poppa's and Mama's permission, my 12 yo grandson gets his Heritage Arms 22lr/22mag convertible Rough Rider next week for his belated birthday surprise. Cheap, pretty good starter handgun. He already successfully hunts around the farm with a 20 gauge single shot Rossi.
    YIPPPEEEE!!!! Finishing up work in a few hours and will be going to deliver said revolver and spending the whole week with the kids and grandkids (or until I wear out my welcome). Going to the farm in the box canyon way out of Monticello, NM (near Truth-or-Consequences); one of Geromino's strongholds. Up the hill behind the kids' adobe house, you can still see fire sites that the lookouts used. Further down the canyon, there are caves with writing on the walls. It's great, not to forget the hot springs; great for the older people, like my bride, Oma. Ouch
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Old GI View Post
    YIPPPEEEE!!!! Finishing up work in a few hours and will be going to deliver said revolver and spending the whole week with the kids and grandkids (or until I wear out my welcome). Going to the farm in the box canyon way out of Monticello, NM (near Truth-or-Consequences); one of Geromino's strongholds. Up the hill behind the kids' adobe house, you can still see fire sites that the lookouts used. Further down the canyon, there are caves with writing on the walls. It's great, not to forget the hot springs; great for the older people, like my bride, Oma. Ouch
    It's great to be a kid again even if it's just for a week. Have fun!

Stay safe or at least stay out of reach.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

added two mixed boxes (50) of the millineum food bars. Friend got them and didn't like them so I bought them for fifty cents each.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Might survive, might not Brazito's Avatar

Bought two boxes of 7.62 X 39 for the SKS. Gonna get back in the habit of buying one box of ammo a week.

7.62 X 39
    9MM
    I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc., I called the Suicide Hotline.

I got a call center in Pakistan, and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.

Bought some dehydrated soups and pasta at grocery store. Have been trying to hike some everyday to get in better shape just in case would have to bug out on foot. I have the back from hell per my surgeon. Nothing he can do until they are able to transplant an entire spine. And have a crappy heart so have to be careful but need to be as ready as possible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BornthatWay View Post
    Bought some dehydrated soups and pasta at grocery store. Have been trying to hike some everyday to get in better shape just in case would have to bug out on foot. I have the back from hell per my surgeon. Nothing he can do until they are able to transplant an entire spine. And have a crappy heart so have to be careful but need to be as ready as possible.
    Bugging out on foot leaves few options, unless you live on the outskirts of the wilderness, B/o on foot is not a good option, better to prepare to "Bug in",, imo

Depends on the event. It might better to bug out by foot than to simply expire on the spot.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Depends on the event. It might better to bug out by foot than to simply expire on the spot.
    What kind of event can you outrun on foot ?

A meth lab in the neighborhood that requires evacuation. A wild fire. A house fire. A chemical spill. A dam in jeopardy of failing. A nuclear accident at a power plant upwind from your location. Just to name a few.

Banned

I wouldnt really consider those things "Bugging out" more like going to visit family for a short time,, when i think of bugging out, i tend to think long term. why would the things you listed require bugging out on foot ?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yesterday & Today I have been bringing in the jars and can goods (38,654 cans of sardines) into the cabin, and taking other food out to the barn.

I'm not saying it would require it just suggesting it might. Maybe your car is in the shop or it has a flat tire or any number of things that might prevent you from driving it not the least of which was that neighbor you don't like that stuck the .45 up your nose and took the keys because his hoopty won't make it very far.

Banned

Point taken,,,,

Point given.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough
    38,654 cans of sardines
    Uh, how many crackers do you have to go with those?

Who you calling a.............oops. Nevermind.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I didn't call you a sardine.

I have a feeling those sardines will go the way of rancid ramens.
    In which case no soggy crackers are gonna help much.

Oh, that's just yucky. Some time this spring he'll be in the back yard doing PT with the attack geese and off in the distance he'll here a Pop! then another and before long it will sound like popcorn as tins of bloated sardines begin exploding. This is going to make the Blob look like a pet Chita!!!! Run now, Sourdough, while you still have the chance!!!!