Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: what did you do this week to prepare

sealed another 80 pounds of rice in mylar bags and pails.Over 600 lbs now, Just can't pass up the good buys. we're thinking about opening about 30 #10 cans of tomatoes and reprocessing them into glass canning jars so we can put them down stairs in the cellar, fraid the cans may rust if we don't get at them in a few yrs.
    also took out 2 turkeys so they could start thawing in the fridg, one for her to roast in the oven and one for me to smoke out back.

mcfd45 - Congratulations on the class!

Looked for some additional ammo today. 9mm and 45 ACP seem to be on short supply right now. At least what I wanted was on back order. A lot of the 9mm stuff seemed to be out of stock.

Looked at some wool winter clothes, too. Does anyone have a good source for wool shirts and pants?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

I bought a box of .44 mag hollow point and a box of .44 special hollow point. Did a tune up on my wifes RAV4. Put the studded tires on my T-100. Still have to put the plow on the ATV.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Oh, almost forgot. I also refilled my stockpile of TP. Without this, nothing else really matters.
    "When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead; Only then will you have done your share." -Phil Messina

Quote Originally Posted by tacmedic View Post
    Oh, almost forgot. I also refilled my stockpile of TP. Without this, nothing else really matters.
    Now there's a man with his priorities right and a man who will still have his shirt pockets and shirt tails come spring.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

This week was a bit of a "step back" week for me. Since I found this forum, I have been re-assessing some priorities, and as the cold weather starts sneaking in, I had to spend time prepping the house and vehicles. I was able to pick up 2 boxes of 7 1/2 shot, and bought another couple boxes for my pistols (gonna burn most of them off next week at the range, though) topped off the antifreeze in both vehicles, made sure the coldweather emergency kits were in the trunks, checked the spare tires etc.

I also bought a great little 950 watt gas generator at a yard sale for $100. It is an off-brand, but I set it up and ran it under load for a couple of hours, no prob.

Oh, and i start my red cross FA class right after Thanksgiving!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is merely to serve as a warning to others.

chopped more wood
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

went shopping got more spices and dry goods, you know evrything is kind of on cruise control after the last 18 months of concentrating on this, now its more maintainance than anything

I bought a 36' cape dory sail boat. My wife's idea didnt take her long to
    talk me right into it! It's a 1995 model with a atomic4 80 gal. fuel 120gal. water
    has a frig one of those TV thinges, stereo, hot water,radio vhf, 3 golf cart batts, gen,
    solar, 10' dingy w/5hp merc, stove w/oven, gps depth finder, and on and on!
    The maximum effective range of a excuse is.......
    -----------0-----------METERS----------------

Here's something that I haven't done yet, but this thread got me thinking that I need to. This week I will take an inventory of all of my emergency supplies and equipment. I will ensure that everything is in working order. I will also begin to rotate my gasoline supples since prices are down.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    I bought a 36' cape dory sail boat. My wife's idea didnt take her long to
    talk me right into it! It's a 1995 model with a atomic4 80 gal. fuel 120gal. water
    has a frig one of those TV thinges, stereo, hot water,radio vhf, 3 golf cart batts, gen,
    solar, 10' dingy w/5hp merc, stove w/oven, gps depth finder, and on and on!
    Thats a fine looking vesel. http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1989/Cape-Dory-Cutter-1912148/Alameda/CA/United-States

Any immediate plans?

Are you going to sail it to Alaska in December?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    maybe i should post in sensory awareness cuz i knew that question was acoming

NO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not that crazy. Plans have changed. Still going to AK we leave
    next week amtrac to bellingham AK ferry to Kech-a-can fly to Tlok walk
    to freinds house. Pick up dogs checkout and or fix sleds pack up and leave for cabin. Spend 45 glory filled days in the SNOW!!!!!!!!!!
    The maximum effective range of a excuse is.......
    -----------0-----------METERS----------------

Here's something that I haven't done yet, but this thread got me thinking that I need to. This week I will take an inventory of all of my emergency supplies and equipment. I will ensure that everything is in working order. I will also begin to rotate my gasoline supples since prices are down.
    alaways important folks to inventory and rotate supplies notice what you use more of and stock up, also same for what you don't use i have purchased some things cuz it was a sale but don't like much so it sits- stag chilli vegetable comes to mind heated it is not bad but i eat a cold can of whatever every day- guys in the lunch room don't get it but as i tell them in the military i would often go several days w/o a hot meal and i just like keeping it real, what if you fuel supplies are limited or you have to go tactical it always pays to listen to unca eagle when he says what

(altogether now)

Last Wednesday I rounded up my snow shovels and left them on the porch. It must have been a premonition because I’ll need them all this weekend.

ClayPick - what part of Nova Scotia? I used to spend my summers in Riverport when I was a kid.

When you get a chance, shovel on over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself. Thanks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Northeast of Riverport. Burncoat Head on the Minas Baisin. I’m still shoveling. There’s about a foot of wet stuff that sticks like glue.

I don't shovel snow anymore (not a big demand for it here) but I remember rubbing ski wax on the shovel to prevent sticking.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hey, LadyTrapper is from up that way. There's another one that hasn't been on in a while.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.