Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1860

Thread: what did you do this week to prepare

Today we organized and inventoried our pantry. Still need a few thing but as is it sits we could last about 4 months. That's more than I thought we had. I'd like to make that it a year because If there is a disaster I don't think my adult kids are prepared.
    GOD FAVORS NO GROUP ONLY RELIGIONS DO THAT

I just got the weirdest catalog in the mail. It had all these intriguing long-term survival foods, packaged in totes. It was actually a really cool system and might be a worthwhile product at a very "too good to be true" price.
    But.
    The whole catalog screamed over the top government conspiracy theories. Their website is just more propaganda, without a means to order the product in the catalog. No online product mirror. You pretty much had to call them directly.

If they as a company are so concerned about the government taking all their stuff in an emergency, nowhere do they tell you that your client information is destroyed on fulfilling your order so the government can't come get YOUR stuff. Come on. If you are going to market to the paranoid, how can you forget something like that.

Very strange experience.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I just got the weirdest catalog in the mail. It had all these intriguing long-term survival foods, packaged in totes. It was actually a really cool system and might be a worthwhile product at a very "too good to be true" price.
    But.
    The whole catalog screamed over the top government conspiracy theories. Their website is just more propaganda, without a means to order the product in the catalog. No online product mirror. You pretty much had to call them directly.

If they as a company are so concerned about the government taking all their stuff in an emergency, nowhere do they tell you that your client information is destroyed on fulfilling your order so the government can't come get YOUR stuff. Come on. If you are going to market to the paranoid, how can you forget something like that.

Very strange experience.
    DHS plant?......send us your information?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Easy if you are the NSA.

EDIT: Ha! We posted at the same time. Great minds and all.

The catalog came to my home address.
    OMG, THEY know where I am????

LOL.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

You are soooooooo screwed.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Your only hope is a tin foil envelope for the catalog.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You are not really in trouble with the food supply. Food storage has reached the level of normalcy.

Trouble is when you can not tell your best friend how much ammo you really own because he might rat you out under enhanced interrogation!

Pass me another sheet of tin foil please, this one is getting crumpled.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I don't know about you guys but "enhanced interrogation" to me would be a morning without coffee. Don't tell me nuthin. I don't wanna know.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't know about you guys but "enhanced interrogation" to me would be a morning without coffee. Don't tell me nuthin. I don't wanna know.
    I am in Kentucky.

Enhanced interrogation is a bologna sandwich with no Mountain Dew to wash it down.

Two days without Mountain Dew and they would break like brittle twigs!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Enhanced interrogation in FL... No Ice or AC

That, sir, is just inhumane.

So, i just grabbed myself a recurve bow - Fleetwood Edge, 62", 40lbs draw, naked.

This is something i'd been thinking about for a while, and my 7 yr old daughter has wanted to get into archery for over a year so I thought I'd join her.

I'm quickly realising I may have made a mistake. First, my area is all about hunting with compounds. Resources are very slim for traditional archery and clubs are either non-existent or only operate a couple months of each year.

The other problem is that i have a nearly freakish draw length. At the shop's range I tested the bow with 32 1/2" arrows, but i had to be very careful to not draw past my hand. The bow tech there said I'd need 34" or even 35" shafts if i ever intended to shoot a broadhead.

But before i ever consider hunting... i just need a bundle of decent, longer than normal target arrows. Anyone able to provide a source?!

I should think that the bigger issue was that the bow tech was wondering why you were naked.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bought another months supply of freeze dried food, been doing that every month. Bought another 3 0z of silver also has become a monthly thing. Camping this weekend work on increasing my skill levels of navigation, tracking, endurance.
    Semper Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I should think that the bigger issue was that the bow tech was wondering why you were naked.
    Hardy har har Crash.

I used to work with some of these Cabelas staffers at another hunting shop... they know better than to question any of the weird crap i do. lol

By the way i know i haven't been around these forums the past couple years (bought a house, battled cancer, started 2 businesses, got serious about homesteading/preparedness and didn't have time or energy for the interwebs) but your knife that I bought for my brother 5 or 6 years ago.... just epic. That thing has seen some solid use, is out with him in pouring rain throughout spring turkey season, spends its shelf life in a damp basement, hasn't developed a spec of rust, has only needed sharpening a handful of times and it's capable of filleting a turkey breast or hammering through a big whitetail breastbone.

Well done sir, very well done.

I'm jealous and saving up my pennies for one for my own.

Oddmott good to see you back....life does get busy at times.....

Don't be a stranger......
    ...although I don't know if ......"Full contact naked bow hunting" is considered strange where you live.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    ...although I don't know if ......"Full contact naked bow hunting" is considered strange where you live.
    Still safer than hockey! Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    I don't know if ......"Full contact naked bow hunting" is considered strange where you live.

Probly' would be in Walmart......or not.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Attached Images Attached Images

It sounds as though you have overcome some health issues. Glad to hear it. Hoping for continued success in your battle.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel