Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what did everyone learn

Default what'd I learn?

that I can't leave you guys alone for a couple of days without everyone going to pieces...sigh....that VW is still wrong about me, close, but wrong. I have no fear of my own intellectual capacities and I am capable of long, long periods of inactivity. It's called "waiting" and I'm actually quite good at it, it requires nothing on my part.

Also that the exercise became overwhelming, there was too much to keep up with. On a page way back when I mentioned the "captain of the hunt" idea, several pages later...I think it was FVR said the hunters should appoint a leader...just one example, there was lots like that. We were tripping over ourselves in terms of delivery of the role play.

Sarge, stick around.

VW, stick around.

I've also found that if people here posted what they did in sincerity in terms of the role play, well there's quite a few that I would definitely trust with my back.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    that I can't leave you guys alone for a couple of days without everyone going to pieces...sigh....that VW is still wrong about me, close, but wrong. I have no fear of my own intellectual capacities and I am capable of long, long periods of inactivity. It's called "waiting" and I'm actually quite good at it, it requires nothing on my part.

Also that the exercise became overwhelming, there was too much to keep up with. On a page way back when I mentioned the "captain of the hunt" idea, several pages later...I think it was FVR said the hunters should appoint a leader...just one example, there was lots like that. We were tripping over ourselves in terms of delivery of the role play.

Sarge, stick around.

VW, stick around.

I've also found that if people here posted what they did in sincerity in terms of the role play, well there's quite a few that I would definitely trust with my back.

You missed all the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by ryaninmichigan View Post
    You missed all the fireworks.
    Those were some depressing fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post

Sarge, stick around.

VW, stick around.

HOLY CRAP!!! What the heck happened?

Talking I can't leave you kids alone for 2 seconds

What happened? I went out in the feild with some students for a few days and come back to see the scattered carcasses of the ones I once knew. I'm glad you decided to stay sarge and I'm not too happy about VW leaving, sure he was a little long winded but he did make me think about a few things a little deeper than I had before. I guess that's what happens. Here's what I have learned. You all have alot to offer the group, be it experience, knowledge or just a different way of looking at the same painting. However I also learned that a certain someone with the initials of a german car company cannot stand to be equal to those around him. He must make himself feel superior and others inferior, no I don't have a degree in psychobabble but I have led men into and out of combat and all the other jobs that go with that position (dad, marriage counselor, enforcer, freind) and I know he wouldn't have lasted indoc before I had transfer papers submitted. I also learned that there is a huge difference in the way civilian and military folks look at a EOTWAWKI situation. I never realized until we ran this scenario. I want to thank you for helping me to see this and I have actually changed my lesson plans because of this to better suit my students.

Blog Entries

Wow, I din't know VW left, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DEET View Post
    I also learned that there is a huge difference in the way civilian and military folks look at a EOTWAWKI situation. I never realized until we ran this scenario. I want to thank you for helping me to see this and I have actually changed my lesson plans because of this to better suit my students.
    Just curious how are you changing your lesson plans? And what exactly dos EOTWAWKI stand for?

EOTWAWKI = End of the World as we Know It
    "The ability for a person to prevail in a survival situation is based on three factors: survival knowledge, equipment, and will to survive. All are important, but the most important is the will to survive." -Greg Davenport

sorry to see you go my friend

wareagle69

Blog Entries

Cool Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by volwest View Post
    Sarge thought i was trying to shame him through his past...why not...but most of us do not even know what this "past" is...not only we inherit it from our parents and our grand parents...but also from thousands of years of man's history.

We do not act with the past, but it is the past that acts in us. The past is part of us, useful and bothering at the same time...
    Useful by the fruit of experiences contained within it...bothering by the traces of wounds that experiences have left in us.

The past is not behind us...but within us.
    Understanding this should not bring shame but strength and a better understanding of who we are and why we do the things we do.

About leaders and loneliness...

The traveler, struck by a face within a crowd, transfigures it, even though this face is not for him. It is through this mystery, that the soldier is in love with the queen. He becomes the queen's soldier.

Far at sea expends burning destinies, which were promised islands made out of melted clouds...they sing, those sailors, the song of this island, and they are happy. It is not the promised island which creates happiness, but the song itself.

Loneliness, is only the fruit of the mind, when it is crippled. It leaves in a country, called the way of things...therefore the temple is the way of stones.
    The mind has only wings for this space...for this state.
    The mind does not rejoice for objects, but for the unique face that we read through them and which binds them together.
    Only ask that i learn to read.

The cathedral is made out of a certain arrangement of stones, all alike, but distributed in relation to forces, forces that are structured to talk to a certain spirit.
    This cathedral is of a certain ceremonial.
    My past week is made out of a certain arrangement of days, first all alike, but distributed in relations to forces, forces that are structured to talk to a certain spirit.
    The week is of a certain ceremonial.
    There are days where i don't work, others where i invite mouths for dinners, and it is those forces which you meet.
    There is also a ceremonial for the year...and a ceremonial for each decade...and they are more or less alive.
    There is also a ceremonial of the faces, and one of my village, for here comes the day of the fair, or the bell of the dead, or the time of harvest, or the wall to be built together, or the community being hungry, and the sharing of water when the sun is proud to be a sun.
    This water is not just for you, and you are now through this sharing part of a nation, and the nation is more or less warm.
    And i do not know of anything in this world which is not of a certain ceremonial...for you have nothing to wait for of a cathedral without architecture, of a week without a dinner, of a face without proportions, and of a nation without customs.
    You would not know what to do of your raw materials.

Could anyone argue that a stone is of no ceremonial ? The stone is of the ceremonial of the dust which makes it.
    Those who would argue this, have only discovered individuals...and of course, it is good that individuals walk, and feed, and dress up...but they die in the essence of things, and become stones if you do not create in your empire the ceremonial of Man.

How could i explain to you what i look for ?
    It is not of an object which talks to senses, but to spirit.
    Do not ask me to justify the ceremonial of things...for logic is of the level where reside objects, and not of the bind between them.

Here, i have no more language.

volwest
    Bye, take care, adios,etc. My parting words to you are: "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam" Popeye the Sailorman.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 09-08-2007 at 07:42 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

VW,

The past is not behind us...but within us.
    Understanding this should not bring shame but strength and a better understanding of who we are and why we do the things we do.
    Aswome!

Take care and I will miss your posts.

Good Luck,

FVR

Default later skater

Bye bye frechy. Your last post must have been the longest one I have seen yet. By the way your web sight offers for a price the same skills you wish to learn here. I am suspect of that for #1, in a post that you were here to “learn” And I am on occasion in LA and if you wish talk about this some more, feel free to PM me. You are a joke with too many books and to much time. Piss off a$$ hat………….

Blog Entries

Cool Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by volwest View Post
    I believe it is "fre-N-chy".(hey not as bad as "flu", but dude, you can't mess up your "insults")
    Relax RIM...Life is too short and complicated to get this way over misunderstandings and in the end...words and ideas...it's life and life only yes ?
    I don't know what you believe about me or if i was clumsy with you to a point where you are loosing sight of what matters most in life. I have lost too many friends and i have seen too much suffering to let ideas about people ihave never met pollute my head. Once again, if you do not like what i say, do not read ! If you want to challenge what i say, use your brain more than your testosterone.

I am sorry if you feel such anger towards me that you would want to continue in this direction. Of course i am a joke...although i haven't read that many books and i don't even know why this would be a "bad" thing anyway...but i am a joke like any other man can be...i can be lazy and sometimes too abrupt with others...some say i am cold sometimes...but it is only because i see tremendous potential in others...and yet i find them stock and rigid.

I have my wife and friends that tell me other wise of course, they tell me i always want to help too much, and i love them for that, and i work really hard at providing for them and being here when they need a hand with life...or just my presence.

Now if you want to meet up on your next trip out here, we can do so, and maybe you will realize that i am not what you think i am...which at this point i am not sure you even know what you think of me. It gets confusing after a while...i know.

To FVR, WE, Trax, Nell, SM and Owl-girl...thank you so much for your support, your time, your friendship and your openness. I have to admit that i found in you a tolerance that many do not have...and it has been a pleasure to have met you on this strange machine (nell, i will stay in touch).
    Maybe one day we will meet...
    You all have my respect.

Well, my bags are packed, and i am dragging this good by thanks to RIM.
    Sarge...lay off the spinach a little, your biceps are covering your ears...and like they said in "the guardian"...muscles sink.

I will now piss off...
    over and...hat........
    Thought you left. So now you're a dietician as well? (Don't eat spinich, just liked Popeye's philosophy, not bad for an "emotional retard".) Actually I say if you can make a living selling what you sell, go for it. The problem you describe is two-fold & cuts both ways. It's true, I don't know who you really are, just like you know nothing about me. Your "dime-store" psychology was way off target; but that's okay, I'm not going to enlighten you. I never wanted you to agree with me. Go back to one of my earlier posts(I left mine up, btw) and you'll see what I wrote about "friends vs. clones". Another problem that we faced here is that you seem to think that everybody is just waiting with held breath for another of VW,s great, lengthy posts. Perhaps some are; I, however was already taking your advice in one area by not reading most of them. When you get personal or arrogant, that's when I come in guns blazing. Actually you're probably a really great guy if you can just get past the "Narcissism". And don't think that just because I've chosen to drive buses for awhile that I'm not as smart as others. The term: "Bird Flew" does not mean a bird disease, it refers to a bird taking flight. A mistake that was consistantly repeated. There were many more problems also. Most of the buses I drive are "transit" buses, and they're owned by a large Major University here. You might remember an earlier post of mine Where I said I was studying magic (Sleight-of-hand) from a pro. There are several good magicians here that meet with me once or twice a month and their "day-job's are they are Professors from afore-said university. One teaches French, another Sociology, and another is from another country. I had your last few posts looked over and the French teacher pointed out some "grammar errors" in the French language you wrote, and the fact that your posts were of an "American tone", not consistant with someone from France. Also the Prof. from abroad said that people from another country do not refer to themselves as "foreigners", they find that degrading. To them, we're the foreigners. It's kinda like the same mistake that Saddam Hussain made back during Desert Storm when he tried to disguise a bombed-out munitions plant as a "baby food factory". His workers were wearing coveralls that bore the words "Baby food factory" on their backs...in English! The words should have been written in The language of Iraq. My opinion of you is that you are one smart, crafty individual who has created a salable image for himself, especially with something that would be difficult to disprove; being a Sergent in the French Marine Commandos. I "Googled" that by the way and was surprised at how tough those guys are! It now looks like I ran you off, me, the guy who couldn't even get in the Cub Scouts! There's more that I've found that seems to contradict much of what you say, not to mention how "uneven" the tone of your posts are. If you're doing it to make a living then I support that concept and will back you on it. I believe that everybody should want to support their family. This is one of my few "long posts", but for what it's worth, even I wished you would hang around, just don't pick on someone you think is weaker.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 09-09-2007 at 10:02 AM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin