Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you have what it takes

If you live in Oregon or Southwest Washington, a good guy to learn from is John Kallas at WildFoodAdventures.com.
    Last edited by Saul Danielson; 11-18-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Missed a letter ot two.

When you are in the sort of situation when you are do or die you have two choices, give it my best shot or face the music. Which is why we are on this site preparing ourselves for something we believe may one day happen. sorta like my dad said when he was in the army. "pray for peace, but prepare for anything" So the more we learn here, the more we share here. the better off we are out there.
    "A hero never lives forever, but a coward never lives"
    EMT Instructor

cold blooded

i could do it!!!! if i had no choice!
    lazy days!!!!!

I can do it, i though that was the point of this forum for people who can live off the land, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    I can do it, i though that was the point of this forum for people who can live off the land, isnt it?
    Yes but its also for people who want to learn more.Some clearly cant.

Well I can't honestly say if I could or not. I would hope I could but then again I'm still learning. I doubt I'll ever be able to say that I can for sure. I might be able to say that I have prepared myself as much as I can, but one never really knows what they're capable of until they're faced with it.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

I probably could as long as I could find an unlimited source of caffein and aspartame. Otherwise, I would have some serious life threatening withdrawals. Damn Diet Cokes!!!
    The Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Stairman View Post
    Yes but its also for people who want to learn more.Some clearly cant.
    Well that right there is a darn good point !
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

After my second divorce I lived in the Alapaha River swamp in a tent for 3 weeks and only came out once. I ate fish, squirrel and a pig that got caught off guard. I hated it! I had plenty of water, a spring bubbled up next to the river (sulfury), then I made fire from a cigarette lighter and lived off whatever greenery and acorns I could find. I was a messed up human being and this was my safe place. Ex did not like the disappearance, but.......................................;>}
    "Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”

— Thoreau

If I'm having to survive off the land, hunting season is today. And tomorrow if necessary.

Could I do it? Not without help. And I realize this. Even though it is sort of a joke to them, all my good friends know where to come if TSHTF.

I am pretty sure that I could but, I am still in the learning process. Right now I am as ready as I can possibly be but there is still room for improvement. I try to learn something new everyday and I will share with whoever wants to know or learn.
    I suppose that the true test comes whenever life smacks you right in the face and you have to make the decision to either fish or cut bait. I hope that I am out there fishing and not on the sideline cutting bait. A person never really knows what they are capable of until they are faced with a situation.
    Take only what you need, and leave the rest.