Thread: one more aspect of GS 101

Default one more aspect of GS 101

Just based on some of what we've discussed here, how well we've gotten to know each other and an idea of each other's skills, what about the possibility that a group of people wound up "bugging out" into the wilderness together, or being stuck in the wilderness together for whatever reason ( a plane crash???), and had no choice about who they were with.

Possibilities of:

RiM (no relatives or clan members this time)
    Volwest
    owl_girl
    Tony UK
    lumpy

Sarge
    Spiritman
    Nell
    SOE Digital
    WarEagle

FVR
    Strider
    Trax
    BillHay
    TBWN

just some possibilities, there's a lot of mix and matching that can be done. Could double any of those groups by joining them together or even have a fairly large group, that's only sixteen people I've listed (TBWN is two right?)

Chris...who would you want to be with? You always get to sit back and nod and smile at our little squabbles, lol, or spank us when we get too nasty.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Default or...or...!!!

What if we make a mix of putting some experienced people with some less experienced? Huh? Huh? whaddya guys think??

There's just reams of possibilities here! By golly!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    What if we make a mix of putting some experienced people with some less experienced? Huh? Huh? whaddya guys think??

There's just reams of possibilities here! By golly!
    That sounds good to me. If we got in a plane crash I Australia I think everyone would wont to be in SOE’s group. Who ever has the most knowledge about the area that’s who I want t be with. But we aren’t likely to be in a situation were we get to choose are group.

Excellent point, owl_girl, and btw, where the heck are donny h and rusty_oxydado, there's a couple of guys who's input would be valuable in all of this. Haven't heard from either of them lately, or did I miss something?

San Francisco, CA (Or San Freak-Skid Row, if you prefer)

Methinks that if any of us were in a situation where there was a large group of stranded individuals, the reality would more likely be a whole lot of people who know zero - and you.

Even military or FAA required survival training is somewhat akin to high school social studies - unless you're really interested to begin with, you tend to remember it just long enough to pass, and then never think of it again.
    Let freedom ring
    Let the white dove sing
    Let the whole world know that today is the day of reckoning
    Let the weak be strong
    Let the right be wrong
    Roll the stone away
    It's Independence Day

-Martina McBride

Default well, realistically

If we were talking about a plane crash it would probably be a whole bunch of people standing around staring at me with my head stuck up my butt cuz I was busy kissing it goodbye at point of impact.

I just noticed that we were getting into these hand-picked groups and thought I'd try suggesting similar scenarios after re-shufflilng the deck a little.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Just based on some of what we've discussed here, how well we've gotten to know each other and an idea of each other's skills, what about the possibility that a group of people wound up "bugging out" into the wilderness together, or being stuck in the wilderness together for whatever reason ( a plane crash???), and had no choice about who they were with.

Possibilities of:

RiM (no relatives or clan members this time)
    Volwest
    owl_girl
    Tony UK
    lumpy

Sarge
    Spiritman
    Nell
    SOE Digital
    WarEagle

FVR
    Strider
    Trax
    BillHay
    TBWN

just some possibilities, there's a lot of mix and matching that can be done. Could double any of those groups by joining them together or even have a fairly large group, that's only sixteen people I've listed (TBWN is two right?)

Chris...who would you want to be with? You always get to sit back and nod and smile at our little squabbles, lol, or spank us when we get too nasty.
    lol, TBWN, I can't stop laughin' and you even got Bill Hay and Spiritman, but you need to put SM in with TBWN & Bill hay!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Default trax slowly shakes his head

unh uh partner, that's why I put them where they are. You know well Bill and I got along and how I pretty much agree with you on TBWN, so.....get with SM and feel the love, man....

I"m outta here, hope a few more will share their thoughts, tomorrow folks!!

go wolfpack!